POKEYMANS thread

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

They're also releasing Pokemon Quest, a free-to-play Pokemon-lite with minecraft style graphics for Switch and Mobile.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That would be the "Roblox looking crap that no one cares about."
OgreBattle wrote:Would be nice if they decided to revamp the mechanics to not be 70's D&D derived
They're probably never going to make major changes, but what kind of things are you thinking there?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

FOLLOWING POKEMON RETURN! HOLY FUCK YES!

Last edited by Shrapnel on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That looks even better than in HGSS, just this giant creepy Gengar following you and ready to eat your soul.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Pokedex wrote:Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.
Half asleep upon my knee
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

There are several creepy ones (Froslass, Honedge, Banette and Shedinja are noteworthy). My favourite is how Drifloon tries to abduct children but just gets tugged about because it's too weak.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Hypno put people to sleep, and are also known to kidnap children.

Wonder if all the pokemons will be to scale and how something like a Gyarados following you around would look like.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Well, there's a screenshot of the player riding an Onix, so my guess is that a Gyarados would be ridden in the same manner:

Eevee/Pikachu permanently ride around on your hat.

-----
Apparently, they're doing away with the GTS/Wonder Trade and Battle Spot, and you'll need to subscribe to Nintendo's paid online service in order to trade or battle online.

*sigh* I suppose it's not Nintendo if they don't do something wrong.
Half asleep upon my knee
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Sony and Microsoft have been doing paid online for years, why is it only wrong when Nintendo does it? In particular when Nintendo's will be much cheaper.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Sony and Microsoft have been doing paid online for years, why is it only wrong when Nintendo does it? In particular when Nintendo's will be much cheaper.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

The other two have typically offered new features as part of their paid online service, whereas Nintendo are basically taking old things out and repackaging them into the paid online service, such as holding your save files hostage. Now, they've never been good with saving, but that just one example. And it's not like that's the only case of Nintendo taking an idea and then fucking up in some way.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Sony approves of holding save files hostage.. And they charge you a lot more for it.

Anyway this is a scenario where there is no flawless solution. Nintendo can't reliably upgrade their online service with no extra income, and they're playing catch-up to boot so yeah they'll first need to implement the new ideas that now are "old".
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

The very thread there says it's Atlas doing that, and Atlas are a massive pain in the ass to deal with so that's hardly surprising. If a specific game doesn't have a weird thing going on, then you can do paid cloud save, possibly free cloud save, or indeed put a USB stick in and copy the save file over. And then you have it and the only way they can remove it is by sending a van full of guys in suits to beat you up and steal it.

Which only has a 30-40% chance of happening, as things stand. I'm not ruling it out, mind you, and it'll probably be more likely in future, but still.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Then there's the fact that Nintendo's online features have up to this point always been free, and now they expect us to pay money for that very thing they gave out for free with no value added to make it worth paying for. I don't want to have to pay those fuckers money just to trade a fucking Pokemon with someone in Japan when I can do that for zero dollars on my fucking 3DS. Seriously, just fuck Nintendo in all the ways that fuck on this.
Half asleep upon my knee
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

maglag wrote:Hypno put people to sleep, and are also known to kidnap children.
I thought Hypno was a psychic type, not an ICE type?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

This joke is old enough to vote, and it's still good.

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Gengar is the height of Danny Devito
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Gengar truly is the apex of Devito technology.
Half asleep upon my knee
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Pokemon Sword and Shield revealed.

The only thing I have to say about it so far is that the lack of walking Pokemon is extremely disappointing. I mean, I knew they weren't going to bring it back, but its still shit... however, it (probably) won't ruin the games for me.

I also like the new bunny fire-starter.
Half asleep upon my knee
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Koumei wrote:This joke is old enough to vote, and it's still good.

As a trans femme, I laughed way too fucking hard at this image.

Right now, my only hopes for Sword/Shield are that honedge is available early on, bastiodon is in their somewhere, and maybe there's a moment where you have to actually use the switch sticks like a sword and shield.

Edit: Oh, and it'd be kinda cool if they put a baritsu based pokemon in.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I think you mean bartitsu. Extra t there. Like the word tit. Probably the reason Doyle changed it for his books, to be honest.

Interesting to do a UK-themed one when Pokefrance already has Stonehenge.

The starters do look cute - Scorbunny particularly. Hopefully it doesn't end up Fire/Fighting and yes I know the last two whole generations bucked that trend but still.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Punk pokemon trainer would like for a scrap!

Gentleman trainer challenges you to a duel!
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

The one thing I REALLY don't want them to do is bring back HMs. That could be a critical deal-breaker for me. I also want the villainous team to not have an "ideology". Something more akin to the original Team Rocket or Team Skull. It would be nice if they didn't bring back Gyms, or if they did, they added a new take to it. Sun/Moon was amazing because it bucked ALL THE TRENDS. I hope that Zubamon and Ludomon are version exclusives. Scorbunny looks like it might be Fire/Fighting, if only because it looks like it's wearing a bandage across it's nose (which is usually associated with martial artists). I hope the trainer customization options are more in-depth than they were in previous games. They HAVE to allow you to bring Pokemon from Gen VII to the new games, because if they don't, I DEFINITELY won't play their games and set fire to a Taco Bell.
Half asleep upon my knee
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

So now you can go "MAKE MY MON GROW!" and every gym leader can do it too plus kaiju wild pokemon as raid bosses. The size community must be pretty happy.

Big open areas to explore, mandatory tree-named professor, also our rival is the little brother of the current champion, poor kid his dreams will be completely crushed.

And one of the legendaries is literally a wolf with a sword in their mouth who uses it to stab fools.

No news of a new villainous team however.
Shrapnel wrote:The one thing I REALLY don't want them to do is bring back HMs.
There's a giant crow flying taxi service between cities so seems like we're in luck in that front.