Complete Tome items and Wish Economy

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Schpeelah is correct.

If you are a level 5 character you deserve to be able to take actions appropriate for a level 5 character. As long as the trigger spell is on one of your class lists (and not removed for any reason, such as a banned school) you can use the wand.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Thanks. That's handy for gishes, dual progression casters and some PrCs as it somewhat alleviates being behind on spellcasting.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue May 20, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Draculmaulkee
Apprentice

Post by Draculmaulkee »

Red_Rob wrote:I'm not sure what you mean - as they don't use them their effectiveness won't be altered, so their CR shouldn't change. Are you asking if beefing up the abilities of the characters will make the monsters easier and therefore effectively lower their CR's? Because in that case I would probably say not too much. Magic items mainly buff the warrior classes, and I've tried to ensure that none of my item powers provide abilities you couldn't get elsewhere at a similar level if you really tried, so nothing should break the game.
If both the monsters and heroes gain access to better magic items and can use them effectively (a nontrivial assumption), then the only monsters whose CR changes are those who do not utilize magic items. Just something to think about.
Last edited by Draculmaulkee on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

Can this be stickied?
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Wiseman wrote:Can this be stickied?
It is linked in the stickied thread.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.