What the Eff happened to the Joining the Army thread?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

What the Eff happened to the Joining the Army thread?

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

So another person from meatspace about my opinions on joining the military. Since I typed up a bunch of shit giving my detailed honest opinion about the whole thing in the Joining the Army thread that ubernoob start, I thought I would reuse it rather than spending a couple of hours typing the same thing again.

And now the friggin' thread is gone. What gives?
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Post globally.
Save locally.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Resolved via PM.
[/TGFBS]