[Dom3]Proving Grounds-Game Started

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Winnah
Duke

[Dom3]Proving Grounds-Game Started

Post by Winnah »

Seven players.

Middle Era. Normal settings. Renaming allowed.

Map: The Desert Eye (does not need to be downloaded).

CapnThePirateG: Vanheim

Luckyfortune: Caelum

DSM: R'Lyeh

MisterS: Jotunheim

Korwin: Ermor

Drago: Shinuyama

Winnah: Pangaea

Rules: Trades will be respected.

I will adjust the turn length to player preference. Please notify me in the thread if you will submit a turn late and require an extension or extended turn intervals. I will try to extend the game if I notice someone will stale though.

No special victory conditions. I suggest evaluating the game around turn 65 should there be no obvious winner, and taking it from there. Otherwise, victory will be achieved when your Pretender God has no opposition to their Dominion, either through the power of their faithful or via military conquest.

Submit pretenders when you are ready.

Hosting interval will be fairly relaxed. I'll put it out to 48 hours. That may seem like a lot, but quickhost will resolve the turn as soon as everyone submits their turn, so the game will progress at a pace everyone is comfortable with. Worth repeating; please notify me in this thread if extensions are required.

Game link
Last edited by Winnah on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Actually, if no one minds may I go MA Vanheim?

I think that will be my final choice (unless someone objects) and I will submit a pretender for that if no one objects.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Noone else expressed an interest in Vanheim, so it is all yours.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Tell me if you get my guy.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

It is in.

Just a tip, if you wish to send a modified pretender for Vanheim, it will overwrite the existing one you sent in.

I'll send a pretender for Pangaea unless Mister Sinister want to play them. Otherwise I'll play Pythium.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

mk. I think I will leave him as is until his eventual inevitable death.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Ermor is in.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

I would prefer a hosting interval of at least 30 hours. Semester's about to restart for me again, and boy is it going to be intense...

Also, I'm currently tossing up Jotunheim or Marignon, but I should have my pretender in within the next 12-ish hours. Time to do some testing.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Shinuyama pretender sent.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I did not think of this before. Make sure you're using the most recent patch of the game, assuming you don't have it already.

You can get it here
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

I second Mister_Sinister's request for a slightly larger than 24 hour hosting interval, mostly just because my schedule is kind of erratic and I could use a few hour buffer to handle shifts in my day to day schedule.

If you need to download and install the patch (I doubt anyone'll need to), you should probably resend your pretender. Not sure if anything's changed, but if it did it'll probably trip the anticheat.

Anyway, as usual, the hardest part is coming up with a name for my pretender. My usual strategy of 'take thematically appropriate fictional/mythological creature, anagram its name' has failed. Lovecraftian names are friggin' hard to anagram; they've got terrible vowel:consonant ratios and they're full of those weird syllables which are like 3-4 letters long and sound radically different when they're broken apart.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

DSM: You're playing R'lyeh, right? Why not this guy?
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
luckyfortune
1st Level

Post by luckyfortune »

send mine!
A lady Godess for me!
hehe
"May the winds of Good Fortune, Flow our way.."
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Mister_Sinister wrote:DSM: You're playing R'lyeh, right? Why not this guy?
Why would you do that to me? Why? Is the psychological warfare starting already?
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I will ensure that the turn length is comfortable for everyone. I will leave quickhost on, so that turns are hosted as soon as they are all received. That way, the game can still progress quickly, without putting pressure on anyone.

Please post a message in this thread if you require extensions or expect delays.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

I think I've got a pretender I like. In goes Nctogtha, He Who Waits. (I was rather pleased that my list of titles included that. That's pretty lovecraftian.)

That's everyone except Pangaea, I think?
luckyfortune
1st Level

Post by luckyfortune »

Good Luck Everyone!!
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

DSM: Not Az'is? I am very disappoint, sir.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Sorry for the delay. I sent my pretender to the wrong game.
luckyfortune
1st Level

Post by luckyfortune »

48hrs should b a fine number for the turn wait; plus you still have the quick host thingy..
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Greetings to neighbor #1, Vanheim. PM sent with what are hopefully acceptable border arrangements.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Sup R'lyeh.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

O hai Caelum. I propose an NAP+3, and would like to lay claim to the province on your border with me with the fish people in it. In return, you can have the province with the heavy cavalry and indie archers. Seem good?
luckyfortune
1st Level

Post by luckyfortune »

um i not sure if i can take heavy cav but ok..
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Hai R'lyeh and Ermor. We would like an NAP +3 with both of you.