D[isney] & Dragons

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

I want a way to play Maximus. Or at least, that is what I think the Paladin's mount should have always been.

Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Fortunately, Maximus isn't even the least animal like animal in Disney. That should be easy to do.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Midnight_v
Knight-Baron

Post by Midnight_v »

After that last page I can't help but want to make After Sundown: Walt's Nightmare.
Where mickey is a Nezumi just starting to get his elder powers. (betraying his master at some point, almost being killed by a summoned demon like in the original story).
Ariel is a deep one. Aladdin is the story of a boy and his Ifrit, Mulan is a reborn and so on and so forth.
Maleficent is nothing more than a Baali witch, but then I guess some number of Disney Stories grimm faiytales etc.
Snow White and the 7 mirror goblins. Good times.
Though I never realized just how big Disney's reach was, it a fairly large list when one actually sits down to look at it. I'd only thought of disney in terms of princess fantasies and mouseketeers. I'm guessing they've never made a ttrpg? I vaguely remember hearing rumors a few years back that Disney was planning to BUY hasbro outright.
Last edited by Midnight_v on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the world you see, create the world you want....
Dear Midnight, you have actually made me sad. I took a day off of posting yesterday because of actual sadness you made me feel in my heart for you.
...If only you'd have stopped forever...
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Necro!

Saw Moana, do recommend, thinking about how you'd build the mains.

Moana herself is pretty easy - Thief-Acrobat with a Water Elemental cohort. Exact details could be handled in a number of ways, but the concept is simple enough.

Maui is tougher. I think we can ignore the mythic feats in his background, because he doesn't do anything on that scale that we actually see. What we actually see is that without his hook, he seems like a low-level martial-type with unexpectedly high HP (and maybe a 1/day low-level charm or illusion effect that shows up during his song). With his hook, he has some sort of at-will wild shape effect, and the hook itself seems to be a powerful weapon. At a stretch, you could say he was some sort of monomaniac mid-level divine caster with an unusually harsh divine focus requirement, but I think he's just a full custom class.