Practical Courtesy

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

We drove ceilingcat away. There's an entire topic around that.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Cynic wrote:We drove ceilingcat away. There's an entire topic in MPSIMS on that subject.
We didn't drive away Ceilingcat. Ceilingcat decided to be allergic to facts that are "mean." Unfortunately, those facts are going to be true everywhere, so it's not really an issue of the Den's Attitude. Unless by attitude you mean, "not lying to make people feel better."

Good luck with changing that if you think it's a problem.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Kaelik wrote:
Cynic wrote:We drove ceilingcat away. There's an entire topic in MPSIMS on that subject.
We didn't drive away Ceilingcat. Ceilingcat decided to be allergic to facts that are "mean." Unfortunately, those facts are going to be true everywhere, so it's not really an issue of the Den's Attitude. Unless by attitude you mean, "not lying to make people feel better."

Good luck with changing that if you think it's a problem.
Exactly this.

Game On,
fbmf
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Everytime I look at old threads they're fucking terrible. You all sound like you wanted to murder eachother and brutally fuck the corpses, possibly with spiked, exploding dildos. Was it even possible to have conversation back then? I mean, we yell at eachother now, but I never see anything that approaches legitimate internet rage of the ye olde days that I wasn't around for.

If anything, Fectin's request is silly because this place is already getting tamer. Except Kaelik, who is an eternal asshole because he thinks he is being the hero Gotham TGD needs and his assholishness is the bastion which makes intelligent discussion possible around here. And PhoneLobster, who is possibly a perpetual machine of stop liking what I don't like. And Frank, who may actually have gotten angrier and bitterer. Okay, fuck it, you're all stick dicks. But I love you anyway, TGD.
erik
King

Post by erik »

DSMatticus wrote:You all sound like you wanted to murder each other and brutally fuck the corpses, possibly with spiked, exploding dildos.
Oh god, that takes me back. Makes me a bit nostalgic of my bachelor party even.

Um. Carry on.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

DSMatticus wrote:Was it even possible to have conversation back then?
I think your post has some truth to it. Back around the point where Bigode left, no, it wasn't really possible at all. Things have certainly improved.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

The full extent of what I asked for was 'take it easy on newbies.' I did not ask people to be polite to eachother. I did not ask for a new rule enforcing it. I haven't even proposed a gentlemen's agreement to that effect. I don't even think we need guidelines on it.

If you think "being less dickish to new posters" is a worthwhile goal, show it by being less dickish to new posters. If you're ambivalent, you may as well do the same; it's not like it costs you anything. If you actually value discourse more than your own jackassery, you'll do it as an investment in future discourse. Finally, if being an asshole is more important to you than talking about games, then (a) this isn't going to affect you anyway, and (b) fuck you.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.