[Dom3]Patience Problem

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

Yeah, rub it in, comrade. We'll see what happens when your Pink Army meets Operation Furry Buzzsaw! :)

(Man, I'm pissed. I don't care all that much for winning the game, but I don't want to be inconsequential and ignored for most of the game. I don't want to miss the learning opportunities... )
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

MisterDee wrote:Thanks...

And now a word from the Midgard High Command:

Great job, troops. Seriously, bouncing on militia, heavy infantry and crossbowmen?

(Seriously... that was embarassing and a serious loss of momentum. I mean, I can live with the dead mercs and basic troops, but I really needed to get my expansion going. Not sure how I could have played it differently though. Let's just say that I'm suddenly a lot more sympathetic to DSMatticus in that other game :) )
What _did_ you send anyway?
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

I dunno. I do know there are some crazy independents on this map. 40 lamias, for instance. And in general the strength of indies seems really high, though It may just be me being unused to late age. In any event, I took a province turn 2 but am not going to be able to turn 3.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Orion wrote:I dunno. I do know there are some crazy independents on this map. 40 lamias, for instance. And in general the strength of indies seems really high, though It may just be me being unused to late age. In any event, I took a province turn 2 but am not going to be able to turn 3.
The lamia province is in our MA game also. So it's not just an LA thing - it's Dom3 logic. I.e. 'fuck you, that's why'.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

What happened? Nobody but me expanded?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

Apparently the game hosted despite the delay I asked for - I staled because of that.

Man, this is rapidly turning into an epic fail on my side.

EDIT: To be clear, Mister Sinister did set up the delay he said he did. I blaming llamaserver, not MS.

And I'm not about to ragequit, either.
Last edited by MisterDee on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

Which brings a question to mind - can we turn back time on Llamaserver and replay turn 4?

(That isn't clear - what I mean is "for future reference, does Llama offers that capability?", not "I want a do-over on the turn, do you mind?")

Although obviously *I* would like such a do-over, I don't believe I should get one just because I had a sucky start.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Yes, it's possible. It tends to cause hurt feelings because the random events will be different from what people already saw if they opened the latest turn, and becuase if PVP battles were happening that turn, then the temptation to cheat is high. (not to mention the risk of the fight going differently with the same scripts)

In this case I don't really have anything against a rollback, so I'll leave it up to our admins.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

There is also the possibility of rollback bugs ruining the game.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

I have no objection to such a do-over. Since nobody else seems to be against it, that's exactly what I'll do, and I'll grant a 12-hour extension for turn resubmission purposes.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I wont redo my turn. I keep my old one. So dont wait on me, but force host as soon as the others submitted their turn.
Llamaserver know what I submitted for turn 4, even if he says I did not submit.
MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

Gotcha - so a rollback means 1-hurt feelings, and 2-complete game destruction. So... exactly like D&D Next, then? :)

Thanks for taking the risk on a rollback. Hopefully, I'll make good use of it to become a slightly higher speedbump on somebody's road to godhood than I would have been otherwise :)
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

I'm happy with the turn I submitted.
MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

Well met, Ulmish friends!

Private Message, of the Midgard Diplomatic Corps, has been sent to your embassy to establish friendly relations. Surely we can live in peace and harmony for ever and ever.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Can I get a 6 hour extension,, or better yet a 30 hour hosting interval? I'm moving house this week and my computer time is erratic.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Interval changed.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Greetings C'tis,

May you please not advance any further east than you already have. I believe the current borders are acceptable.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Drago0661 wrote:Greetings C'tis,

May you please not advance any further east than you already have. I believe the current borders are acceptable.
East? You mean West?
If you are talking about not further expanding to the West, we can reach an agreement.

Do you want to talk about an NAP?

--
C'ties
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Korwin wrote:

East? You mean West?
If you are talking about not further expanding to the West, we can reach an agreement.

--
C'ties
lol, ah yes, indeed i do mean west. (exam revision is making me tired)

I will agree to an NAP-3

-Marignon
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Drago0661 wrote:
Korwin wrote:

East? You mean West?

--
C'ties
lol, ah yes, indeed i do mean west. (exam revision is making me tired)

I will agree to an NAP-3

-Marignon
Agreed then, I wont expand further to the west and we have an NAP+3.

--
C'ties
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Greeting to Ulm,

We would be willing to agree to an NAP+3.
You want one?

--
C'ties
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Can I get an extension over the weekend? Moving tomorrow, not sure when or if I'll get a turn in before Monday.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Granted 48 hours.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Greetings to our long lost russian brother.
When did you loose an arm?

We hope for an peacefull coexistence. And would like to offer an formal NAP+3.

--
C'ties
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Dear C'tis

Just letting you know what I'm moving into province 26 this turn.

-Marignon