Finding Post Numbers

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Ravengm
Knight

Finding Post Numbers

Post by Ravengm »

Is there a quick way to find post numbers that doesn't involve sifting through the source code for the page? A few other forums I'm part of have a button that links directly to a post so I don't have to tell someone "Scroll down to ___'s 3rd comment" if I link them to something, because I'm too lazy to pull up the View Source page.
Random thing I saw on Facebook wrote:Just make sure to compare your results from Weapon Bracket Table and Elevator Load Composition (Dragon Magazine #12) to the Perfunctory Armor Glossary, Version 3.8 (Races of Minneapolis, pp. 183). Then use your result as input to the "DM Says Screw You" equation.
Vebyast
Knight-Baron

Post by Vebyast »

If you look just above and to the left of the post's text (above and to the right of the author box, basically where your avatar is looking), you'll see a small page icon. If you've seen that post it's white, if not it's yellow-orange-ish. This icon also happens to be a permalink to the post it's attached to. Copypasta. For example, your post is http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?p=268618#268618
DSMatticus wrote:There are two things you can learn from the Gaming Den:
1) Good design practices.
2) How to be a zookeeper for hyper-intelligent shit-flinging apes.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

You can fake it by fudging the "start=" bit at the end of the URLs for the 2nd and subsequent pages. E.g. the 4th post on the play test thread is:
http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=53379&start=4
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Ravengm
Knight

Post by Ravengm »

Ohoho, I did not see the page icon. Thank you very much.
Random thing I saw on Facebook wrote:Just make sure to compare your results from Weapon Bracket Table and Elevator Load Composition (Dragon Magazine #12) to the Perfunctory Armor Glossary, Version 3.8 (Races of Minneapolis, pp. 183). Then use your result as input to the "DM Says Screw You" equation.