[Dom3] Modtest Game: Recruiting

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

[Dom3] Modtest Game: Recruiting

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Okay, the mod and description of the mod are here. It's based on Frank's suggestions to help balance the Middle Era, and it needs field testing; hence, game.

I need players for the revised versions of:
√ Agartha - angelfromanotherpin
√ Eriu - Winnah
√ Machaka - DrPraetor
√ Oceania - ???
√ Ulm - Korwin
√ Abysia (vanilla) - luckyfortune

Other nations are welcome as controls, but I want all the revised ones represented.

edit: Except revised Arco, I'm satisfied they're fine.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Hmm, I'll try Ulm.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

I question the methodology here - all this test will determine is playability as such, as well as internal balance. You need a non-modified faction to use as a testing benchmark.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Mister_Sinister wrote:I question the methodology here - all this test will determine is playability as such, as well as internal balance. You need a non-modified faction to use as a testing benchmark.
Other nations are welcome as controls, but I want all the revised ones represented.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Herp. My bad. Should really learn to read...
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

If noobishness doesn't preclude my participation, I'd be willing to either play Machaka or Oceania or to play a control nation, probably Vanheim or Ashdod.
P.C. Hodgell wrote:That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.
shadzar wrote:i think the apostrophe is an outdated idea such as is hyphenation.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Archmage wrote:If noobishness doesn't preclude my participation, I'd be willing to either play Machaka or Oceania or to play a control nation, probably Vanheim or Ashdod.
Some experience is preferred, but noobs are welcome. If you're not fixed on a nation yet, I'll see what other people want first.
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

Those are my preferences. Honestly, you might get better data out of having me play a strong MA nation like Ashdod as a control to see if a relatively inexperienced player can win against better players with the rebalanced factions. I'd think that if they got sufficient boosts I'd get my ass handed to me despite having a "strong" nation to play with.

It's your playtest, though. Do whatever you think will get you the best information.
P.C. Hodgell wrote:That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.
shadzar wrote:i think the apostrophe is an outdated idea such as is hyphenation.
luckyfortune
1st Level

Post by luckyfortune »

Im in on blood nations..
... wait, also mictlan depending on whats been done with them..
"May the winds of Good Fortune, Flow our way.."
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

I'll take the modded Machaka.
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I might try Eriu. I have a low bullshit tolerance for Dom 3 these days though.

Any diplomacy by me will be public. If you have fucked me over previously, I won't fucking deal with you. Finally, if you're taking it upon yourself to moderate the game, I expect you to read the game fucking thread and take actions in a timely manner.

If that is too demanding, go fuck yourself.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Huh, I'd kind of given up on ever gettingthis going. Neat.
luckyfortune wrote:Im in on blood nations..
... wait, also mictlan depending on whats been done with them..
None of the modded nations have Blood except Ulm, which is taken. If you'd like to play a vanilla Blood nation as a control, that's fine, but you should pick one.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Wow, totally forgotten about this. I'm still up to it, but totally forgotten....
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
luckyfortune
1st Level

Post by luckyfortune »

Ops sry didnt look at the date, didnt see how old this was..
Meh ill go back to soul calibur5 till a new multi-player game is created..
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
luckyfortune
1st Level

Post by luckyfortune »

I got a error.. =(
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

When? Generating nations? I got em sometimes too.
But not always. I get them more often when generating a large amount of nations (150), try fewer.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

The link in your linked post leads to an error message.

In any case, if everyone who has expressed interest in the past is still interested, we could start now. I'd take Agartha and give Oceania to Archmage. It'd be a shame we'd have no control nations, but I don't care that much.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Korwin wrote:LINK - working
Now.
luckyfortune
1st Level

Post by luckyfortune »

hmm ok abyssa 4 me the plz
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Okay, we are theoretically go. Archmage still hasn't chimed in, so I'll PM him. In the meantime, I don't have a good map for 6 land and 1 sea player, so I'll hunt around for a few to propose. If anyone else wants to suggest one, I'm open.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Right now I'm looking at Realm of Rampaging Roaches (78 land, 10 water, wraparound) or Small Divide (65 land, 13 water).

Thoughts?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Archmage has tapped out. We need a new player for revised Oceania.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Water nations neeed to be balanced against other w nations anyway, so I suggest RoRR w/out Oceania.
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I guess we could do that. I have to step out right now, but I'll put the game together in a few hours.