[Dom3] UG: Academy of Flowing Magma [Late Game]

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

5 stalls, 4 of them the last ones.
Extended the timer for 24h.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Managed to take out a temple with one of my last unsieged armies. Not very significant at this point, but I'll take my victories where I can find them.

Also, I've been mailing Etfurt gems. If they are out of the game, I'd better stop.
Well Etfurt still has not submitted a turn, I'll extend the turn again.
If I think about it. Its embarrasing how patetic my progress was/is with Etfurt stalling. Still have not taken the home province from him. At least i killed a bunch of casters on my tries.

--
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

As I've mentioned in my other two game threads already, no power, laptop with charge + wi-fi, no dominions, possibly up to a week without power. I'm not really comfortable staling a ton in this game. The next turn is also kind of important. So, uhh, I kind of need a rollback if the turn ends up hosting and an indefinite pause. Or find me an (at least) temporary sub.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Update that I'm just going to copy and paste into the threads for the games I'm playing while I still have access to a charged laptop and wi-fi: my power company's tentative restoration schedule seriously suggests my area won't have power back until july 10th. Beyond the genuine possibility that I may kill myself out of boredom, it doesn't look like I'll be able to take a turn for quite awhile. I kind of suggest trying to find a sub for me at this point.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Sub wanted!
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Oh, so the turn gets extended now? How generous.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Yeah, I feel bad fighting against someone who isnt fighting back. (the problem was I only noticed the stalls relativly late).
We need an sub or someone who sets Etfurt AI...
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Winnah wrote:Oh, so the turn gets extended now? How generous.
I could forcehost if its wished from you and Apo...
Should I?
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

I'm back with power, but I'm surprised this game is still going. Is anyone really still interested in carrying it through to the end? I have greatly enjoyed my experiments with awesome battle magic spam, but I don't think there's much left for me to get out of this.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I would be willing to continue...

What are the other two thinking?
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Alright, let's just call this one. Winnah obviously stopped playing a long time ago, and I believe I've pretty much broken Gani, but regardless have no real way of winning against Korwin. It's one of those cases where I really let my late game falter again, and Korwin had better luck fighting Etfurt than I had fighting Gani (probably because before Gani was fighting me, they were busy crippling Etfurt). Plus, my gem and gold income is just not any good. I got a relatively shitty little corner of the map.

Don't get me wrong, I had fun. Never really played an evocation/battlecaster nation quite like this one before. But I think it's clear how this is going to end and I don't see any point in actually going through with it (even if I did just start the ramp up in my delicious and fun thug/SC production).
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I agree.

Edit: And done.
Last edited by Korwin on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Thanks for the game everyone, I had a lot of fun.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

New UnitGen has better Nation descriptions.
Nation 87: Narwhen
-----------------------------------
Race: Atlantians.
Military: Light infantry and heavy infantry. Rangers. Sacred heavy infantry.
Magic: Fire and Water. Weak Death and Blood.
Priests: Moderate.
-----------------------------------
Troops:
- Ranged:
** Narwhenian Ranger (Atlantian), 17g, 13r, Blowpipe, Coral Cap, Shell Armor.
--- Clumsy
** Narwhenian Light Ranger (Atlantian), 17g, 3r, Blowpipe, Sharkskin Armor.
--- Clumsy
- Infantry:
** Warrior of Ice (Atlantian), 17g, 25r, Ice Blade, Turtle Shell Shield, Iron Cap, Ice Hauberk.
--- Capital only and Clumsy
** Narwhenian Light Warrior (Atlantian), 12g, 13r, Coral Long Spear, Turtle Shell Shield, Coral Cap, Coral Cuirass.
--- Clumsy
** Narwhenian Phalanx (Atlantian), 12g, 16r, Coral Long Spear, Turtle Shell Shield, Coral Cap, Coral Hauberk.
--- Clumsy
** Narwhenian Warrior (Atlantian), 30g, 27r, Basalt Spear, Coral Cap, Coral Hauberk.
--- Clumsy
** Narwhenian Warrior (Atlantian), 12g, 14r, Coral Spear, Turtle Shell Shield, Coral Cap, Coral Hauberk.
--- Clumsy
** Narwhenian Heavy Warrior (Atlantian), 12g, 20r, Ice Blade, Turtle Shell Shield, Ice Cap, Ice Cuirass.
--- Clumsy
- Sacreds:
** Avenging Warrior (Atlantian), 22g, 30r, Smoldering Trident, Iron Cap, Meteorite Armor.

Commanders:
- Scouts:
** Assassin (Atlantian), 40g, 14r, Coral Broad Sword, Coral Cap, Shell Armor.
--- Clumsy
- Commanders:
** Commander (Atlantian), 30g, 16r, Coral Long Spear, Turtle Shell Shield, Coral Cap, Coral Hauberk.
--- Clumsy
** Commander (Atlantian), 30g, 14r, Coral Spear, Turtle Shell Shield, Coral Cap, Coral Hauberk.
--- Clumsy
** Avenging Lord (Atlantian), 40g, 30r, Smoldering Trident, Iron Cap, Meteorite Armor.
- Priests:
** Pious Mage (Atlantian), 70g, 3r, Sceptre, Coral Cap.
--- 2H.
--- Clumsy
- Mages:
** Corroding Novice (Atlantian), 60g, 1r, Sceptre.
--- 1W.
--- Clumsy, Fire resistance 25 and Fire resistance 25
** Corroding Lord (Atlantian), 160g, 0r.
--- 1W2? (blood, nature, water, fire).
--- Clumsy, Fire resistance 25 and Fire resistance 25
** Molten Keeper (Atlantian), 215g, 0r, Quarterstaff.
--- 3W2? (blood, nature, fire, water).
--- Capital only, Clumsy, Fire resistance 25 and Fire resistance 25
** Kokytosial Keeper (Atlantian), 215g, 2r, Quarterstaff, Coral Cap.
--- 3F2? (blood, nature, water, fire).
--- Capital only, Clumsy, Fire shield, Fire shield, Fire resistance 25 and Fire resistance 25