[Dom3] UG: Academy of Flowing Magma [Late Game]

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Sorry, but that doesn't sound as fun as flailing around trying different ideas until my glorious demise.

My prophet:
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

It appears our dominion has touched another's. Assuming you can see our candles as we can see your's, we'd like you to know that venturing into Ionia or Hoburgdorf would be unadvisable.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Gani declares war on Etfurt! Dread King Argalath sleeps the sleep of death deep below the capital, and Gani's Witch Doctors proclaim that the death gems horded by the short folk may hold the key to awakening the True God. An army of the restless dead shall follow the mercenary vanguard as we invade our enemy. Onward to glory (or defeat)!
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Sun May 20, 2012 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I responded to a PM.

Also, spoilers:
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I'll probably think of something awsome to say after the next turn comes in.

Meanwhile, keep your eyes open for my Temple Guards. Blink and you might miss them.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

DSMatticus wrote:It appears our dominion has touched another's. Assuming you can see our candles as we can see your's, we'd like you to know that venturing into Ionia or Hoburgdorf would be unadvisable.
We would like to claim Iona, but we are unable to do so at the moment.
We will not contest your claims, how about an NAP+3?

--
Utwald
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

That did not go according to plan. I'm pleased with the result, regardless.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Dont be a tease, what happened?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I tried to mass archers to force elephants to rout...Only I neglected to script them.

Archers ignored elephants until they started getting trampled. My Shadow Prince (sacred hoburg mage) was trampled, shapechanged into an Earth Elemental and started punching the elephants until they ran away, assisted by the remaining archers.

No more elephant mercenaries. All my problems are over. Except for the massive undead army, I mean.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Greetings to Utwald. We'd like to extend an NAP-3 your direction.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Korwin wrote:
DSMatticus wrote:It appears our dominion has touched another's. Assuming you can see our candles as we can see your's, we'd like you to know that venturing into Ionia or Hoburgdorf would be unadvisable.
We would like to claim Iona, but we are unable to do so at the moment.
We will not contest your claims, how about an NAP+3?

--
Utwald
DSMatticus wrote:Greetings to Utwald. We'd like to extend an NAP-3 your direction.
We are in agreement then.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Actually, I totally missed that post. Sorry.

Ionia is rather close to our capital, and we're poised to take it this turn. Nayo is basically wedged into that corner there, and letting you have Ionia would give us a very uncomfortable border.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

no problem, it wasnt an requirement for the NAP, it still stands.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

If that's fine with you, it's fine with me. NAP-3 it is. Now, let's sit and watch midgets fight zombies. Got any popcorn?
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I just got a look at my turn. Really cool early battle. I should have placed my guys more carefully, a routing elephant was 1 square away from trampling my commander.

Looking forward to the next battle, when I won't be relying on mercenaries.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Next turn: Discovered that the hoburgs have seriously great PD. Half is lancer cavalry, the other half is arbelestiers in full plate.

EDIT: Hah, he's sending an army at me, so I'm burning my death gems on Reanimation casts.

EDIT 2: Oh snap, he's going to mess up one of my almost-finished forts. Buying 25 PD.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Mon May 21, 2012 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I might be seriously overestimating my temple guards, but I don't think so.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Had to resend my turn. Did an resend for the others too. Ignore it if you got the turn file normaly...
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

This turn went better than expected for me. My PD seems decent, and with a little bit of extra troop support from my capital, I managed to take out most of the opposing army. The elite wolf riding lancers with zombifying weapons made their way around the main army, but were caught in melee with my archers. They didn't turn into size 6 elementals (unlike the super mages), and most of my losses wearing them down through their 3-4 blessed forms came on PD or undead.

Sadly, now that fort 2's up, I have even less money for mages. My research sucks, and it'll be while before I can spam undead or site search.

Spoilers:
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Tue May 22, 2012 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Hey Utwald, would you be willing to agree on a border?

Here's my initial proposal:
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Utwald agrees, if there is an NAP+3 included.

--
Utwald

Edit:
Finaly bothered to look at the dm file. My mages have an second for too.
Tada: Turkeys
Edit2: What that was in the description? :rtfm:
Last edited by Korwin on Tue May 22, 2012 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Yes. NAP 3 confirmed.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

You know, Avoraciopostalulysses (this is forever the name by which I will refer to you, much easier to remember), just a strange pondering: I've been assuming you've been using spoilers as a way of saying "other players shouldn't look at this," but on the flipside you just outright talk about your strategy in the middle of the thread so I have no idea what you could possibly be hiding. You are confusing me.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

One time, somebody on TGD complained that I hadn't given sufficient warning that I was posting screenshots of my turns. They didn't want to be spoiled as to what my turns looked like, and they were another player in the game. I guess they liked the guesswork of relying on in-game scouting or something.

So now I try to remember to make a little note next to my sblocks if it contains info another player might not want to see.

Other players can certainly look at my turn updates if they want to. I think it makes the game more entertaining if people show off what they're doing. Of course, that doesn't preclude hiding things or presenting misleading information. After all, I never said just how many death gems I wasted casting Reanimation. Maybe I was trying to present a certain image to encourage people into courses of action that could be beneficial to Gani.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Tue May 22, 2012 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Hah! I accidentally walked a scout into a province instead of sneaking him.