[Dom3] Draft: Etimhara Victorious

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Ugh; I'm going to stale.

So I went to a conference with my shiny new computer - it has a working battery! - and I thought I'd moved dom3 over to the new machine, but I did not. So, I have no dom3 for a week.

So I'm going to stale this turn - unavoidable, I think - but if anyone wants to sub for me for a few days after that?

Thanks,
DrP
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
K
King

Post by K »

Hey Amblis, get the fuck out of my ocean province or it's war.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

It was an accident! We were trying to go to one of our adjacent provinces. Terribly sorry about that.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

I'm cancelling all my NAPs.

Uno!
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

I have:
37 Ditani
105 Green Lions
248 Umbrals
25 Summer Lions
219 Wights
180 Spring Hawks
21 of each demon
>250 fire snakes and sprites and troops and junk

I have magic support which is either high in hp, or immune to fire and cold so cannot be killed overland with foo from afar. Some of it is both.

I have the gem income to wish twice per turn - just from recycling my own expenditures, even if you all stop casting to try and starve the nexus.

So - I am entirely amenable to a titanic battle, if anyone wishes to have one. But the prospect of moving all this stuff into place for a series of hopeless skirmishes at each of my many VP... does not appeal, honestly.
K
King

Post by K »

I might be interested. I've always wanted to see what a single Unravelling would do to a magic army of that size.
Last edited by K on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Not much, unfortunately; but that's going to be five or six armies at least. These troops are high MR and live practically forever. You'd be better off with Solar Brilliance or Acid Rain. But if you can meet me in the field of battle I welcome to let you try!
K
King

Post by K »

Angelfromanotherpin is a Pact-breaker. How boring.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

I know I came into the game rather late and have been playing Switzerland for ages upon ages, but I do like the draft format, I think it makes the sides more balanced. If I was in from the beginning and uncharacteristically aggressive and lucky, and if the rest of you all made crippling mistakes, I might have aspired to second place in this game.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

If anyone would like to sub in for me as a learning experience, feel free. Now that my grad program's started, I just don't have the time or the inclination for this. My apologies; I forgot games do tend to run this long.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Shiritai wrote:If anyone would like to sub in for me as a learning experience, feel free. Now that my grad program's started, I just don't have the time or the inclination for this. My apologies; I forgot games do tend to run this long.
Turn postponed for 24 hours for a sub to be found.

-Username17
K
King

Post by K »

Is Angel still in the game, or has he gone AI? His recent attacks have ranged from "dumb" to "very dumb."
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

K wrote:Is Angel still in the game, or has he gone AI? His recent attacks have ranged from "dumb" to "very dumb."
Ulvolge is AI, yeah.

In related news, Huichan staled their last 4 turns. I am seriously considering calling the game over and declaring Etimhara the winner.

-Username17
K
King

Post by K »

FrankTrollman wrote:
K wrote:Is Angel still in the game, or has he gone AI? His recent attacks have ranged from "dumb" to "very dumb."
Ulvolge is AI, yeah.

In related news, Huichan staled their last 4 turns. I am seriously considering calling the game over and declaring Etimhara the winner.

-Username17
I just put up Astral Corruption, so I'd like to see at least a few extra turns of DrP trying to use his income.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Does anyone want to take Huichan? It's not a bad position - 3rd overall in provinces and income and first in army size.

-Username17
K
King

Post by K »

If no one wants it, simply calling the game is fine. It was a fun experiment, but I've only been fucking around for about 20 turns.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Well, i'll put the "Need Sub" signal out, and if anyone wants the position, they are welcome to it. I'm also postponing the turn a bit so that hopefully someone can come in.

-Username17
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Frank, are we at war?

I also got bored as soon as I got the gateway and wisher #3. I can spend gems just fine :l.

But I should get my act together and start marching my armies around.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

DrPraetor wrote:Frank, are we at war?
You unilaterally declared all of your non-aggression pacts void and declared war on the entire world. I sort of assumed that me, being "in the world" and having a NAP with you, was included in that statement.

If you want a more nuanced position vis a vis the entire planet, you can certainly have one.

-Username17
K
King

Post by K »

I went AI.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

In my opinion Etimhara had won by the time it ate me. Even without the Ultimate Gateway or whatever it is called.
Maybe if all still living nations had made an great alliance against them...
But how likely is that?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Good job Doc Praetor. Wow, this game lasted 4 months!