[Dom3] Draft: Etimhara Victorious

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

On the other hand, now is the time to take a bite out of Etimhara.
It looks like he has his big bad army on my border and my scouts dont see much troops besides his capital.
Maybe Sachs makes an comeback?

--
Manditou
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Frank, what the fuck are you talking about.
I never took an former province of Catharcia.

If you want to go to war with me, say so.
I only own province I myself took from independend ones, Sachs ones and Etimhara's.

What the fuckety fuck are you talking about?

--
Manditou
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Aesop wrote:Wolf, meeting with a Lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay violent hands on him, but to find some plea to justify to the Lamb the Wolf’s right to eat him. He thus addressed him: “Sirrah, last year you grossly insulted me.” “Indeed,” bleated the Lamb in a mournful tone of voice, “I was not then born.” Then said the Wolf, “You feed in my pasture.” “No, good sir,” replied the Lamb, “I have not yet tasted grass.” Again said the Wolf, “You drink of my well.” “No,” exclaimed the Lamb, “I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother’s milk is both food and drink to me.” Upon which the Wolf seized him and ate him up, saying, “Well! I won’t remain supperless, even though you refute every one of my imputations.”
Seriously, though - how did you think it was going to end, when you flung yourself fruitlessly against me? You've got a huge research advantage but you've crippled yourself - someone is going to kill you before you can recover. It's been expensive for me, I don't deny: I've lost a fair amount of gem income from those rich NW provinces, and it's obviously delayed my reconquest of Sachs by several turns.

But it's been a lot more expensive for you - and I don't see how you ever expected it might turn profitable, after the first turn we fought. You had to know I was going to start killing your Rudras if they didn't leave.

If I had killed some of your Rudras a couple of turns ago, I might've tried so sue for peace from a position of strength; but now that Frank has recriprocated my aid against Sachs by declaring on you, I'm afraid I'm honor-bound to destroy you utterly. You understand, I'm sure.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Overuse of the droit de signeur by the previous administration has led to a terrible shortage of virgins in the republic of Amblis. Consequently, we are in the market for blood slaves. We can trade for gems, or forge something in exchange. PM if interested.
K
King

Post by K »

Can anyone give me a short primer on which nations are currently at war?
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Manditou and Sachs
are at war with
Nimtir and Etimhara

I think that's it, actually.
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

DrPraetor wrote:Seriously, though...
Thats not my problem, my problem is: I'm not even shure Frank really wanted to chancel the NAP with me.
Because none of my provinces where ever provinces of Catharcia.

And technically I'm not at war with him, I might be at war in 3 turns. He only chanceled the NAP with me.
And for that he doesnt need an reason. He could said: "I chancel the NAP. I'm hungry."
So why did he invent an non existent reason?

--
Manditou
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Well, I think he's probably telling the truth about thinking that you took 133 & 141 from Carthacia, although the VP graph doesn't quite bear that out. That sort of thing certainly pisses me off.

Consider, though - weren't you at war with Sachs? And then you called off the war and Sachs invaded Nimtir instead?

So the obvious read on that is: you allowed Sachs to live in exchange for Sachs going all Kamikaze on Nimtir. You have to assume that Nimtir is going to have it in for you at that point. I might have you confused with Tsimzam or Uvolge in this scenario, however. All those black flags look the same.
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

No I was not at war with Sachs, that was K.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

It's really actually fairly simple:

Manditou had an arrangement with Carthacia where Carthacia would get to take neutral provinces near their capital. Carthacia got way greedy and decided to leave those provinces for later while they tore off into crazy town and got into conflict with Nimtir. While Carthacia was busily be killed (and using their terrorists to drive unrest to over 400 in Nimtir), Manditou took some of the provinces that by any sane apportionment would have been part of Carthacia.

That's all fairly reasonable from Manditou's standpoint. Hell, I even offered Manditou a chunk of Carthacian spoils. Here's the problem though: Manditou refused my offer, and even came to the assistance of Sachs (who is still my enemy). So since we did literally 100% of the work killing Carthacia and Manditou rejected our offer of alliance and is providing aid to our enemies, we want the provinces that Manditou took from the Carthacian side of their border. And we're going to war with Manditou to get them.

This is not terribly complicated. Manditou rebuffed our offers to work with them and chose to work with our enemies and they are in the middle of a hot war with a country just as powerful as they are. Why wouldn't we cancel our NAP? Sachs invaded us without provocation, aiding them is already being at war with us in all but name!

-Nimtir
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

FrankTrollman wrote:It's really actually fairly simple:

Manditou had an arrangement with Carthacia where Carthacia would get to take neutral provinces near their capital. Carthacia got way greedy and decided to leave those provinces for later while they tore off into crazy town and got into conflict with Nimtir. While Carthacia was busily be killed (and using their terrorists to drive unrest to over 400 in Nimtir), Manditou took some of the provinces that by any sane apportionment would have been part of Carthacia.
Check your facts...

That's all fairly reasonable from Manditou's standpoint. Hell, I even offered Manditou a chunk of Carthacian spoils. Here's the problem though: Manditou refused my offer, and even came to the assistance of Sachs (who is still my enemy). So since we did literally 100% of the work killing Carthacia and Manditou rejected our offer of alliance and is providing aid to our enemies, we want the provinces that Manditou took from the Carthacian side of their border. And we're going to war with Manditou to get them.
Yeah, I refused to dogpile Carthacia. Bad me.
When did I come to aid Sachs btw.? Are you talking about my sieging (slowly) one of Sachs forts?
Or my declaring war on Etimhara the graph leader (beside me and maybe you?).
It was an toss up between attacking you and Etimhara. In hindsight, I should have attacked you. I'll keep it in mind for the next time.
This is not terribly complicated. Manditou rebuffed our offers to work with them
You could say, I'm a little warry with working with you. Experience and all...
(Attacking my tarts, because it took them so long to siege down forts, while you had an NAP with me.)
and chose to work with our enemies
Too much mead?
and they are in the middle of a hot war with a country just as powerful as they are. Why wouldn't we cancel our NAP? Sachs invaded us without provocation, aiding them is already being at war with us in all but name!

-Nimtir
That last part is the only valid reason (if you ignore the Sachs part) and would be enough.
Why are you hiding behind false fabricated reasons?

Summary:
When did I assist Sachs?
When did I take those provinces I promised Carthacia? (Hint: Never, I talked about taking them, but I never took them.)

Edit:
At least now its clear you did not missclick and sent me an message which should go to another player. I was really confused about those fabricated claims.
Last edited by Korwin on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Moving on... I have a bunch of thug equipment I'd like to sell, if there are any takers.

I have:
Picus' axe of rulership
Boots of the Messenger (x2)
Shield of Gleaming Gold
Lantern Shield (x2)
Ring of Regeneration (x2)

I've got some more kit that I'd like to sell which isn't currently at a lab.

I'm in need of Astral, Water, Air and Nature. No reasonable offer will be refused.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Technically speaking Sachs is at war with everyone right now. We just tend to use whatever little military power we have left exclusively against Etimhara.

Also, we are not really actively cooperating with Manditou.
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

FrankTrollman wrote:Sachs invaded us without provocation
Again, literally 75% of the battles that we fought in the Sachs-Nimtir war was fought in Sachs territory. And the last 25% was fought in what was Catharcian territory, which Nimtir won.

So why all of this whining constant butthurt about "Sachs invading Nimtir" I do not know, except for Frank trying to play propaganda games again.

Again, the reality is this: Nimtir tried to OMNOM Catharcia after (in our estimation) deceitfully arranging a "border incident" that resulted in the obliteration of the Catharcian army in a surprise attack. Sachs owed Catharcia so we came to their aid. That is it.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

I really want astral pearls. I will pay any other gem type 1:1, or I will sell items (I've got a bunch stockpiled or I can make stuff) at-true-cost (that is, with forge bonus from a hammer, but all gems turned astral).

I also have some slaves stockpiled.

More details can be worked out by negotiation, PM if interested.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Also, we kindly request that our neighbors refrain from trying to snipe any Manditou provinces without asking us first. I have reason to believe that Manditou is basically throwing in the towel, and has invited people to take a slice of the pie. :sparta:

Well, that's fine, but don't expect me to respect any such territorial gains if you can't back them up with the requisite force. This goes mainly for anyone who tries to cut off my advance.

:domo:,
DrP
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

What?
Ah, interesting theory, I mean.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

That turn was pretty good. I actually predicted what Frank would do.
Yay for me.

--
Manditou
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Yeah, you did pretty well against Frank.

How exactly do you think that's going to keep you alive against me, eh?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I'm in an two against one.
I concentrate my armies on Frank.
You get stronger and stronger.
So either some of the other players or Frank will need to consider backstabbing you, or you have won.

I could have decided to concentrate my wrath on you.
But since I attacked you (my own fault I'm at war with you) and Frank attacked me he got the win.
(my poor track record against you migth have been an small help in deciding)
Last edited by Korwin on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Sorry guys, I am leaving for the US for a month and a half on Tuesday. I'll only be able to get a turn in on Monday and then probably need some extra time for the next turn because of the day long flight thing.

-Username17
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Concratulation to DrPraetor.
May the Ultimate Gateway serve you well.

--
Manditou
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

That explains how it is you have so many Fing Rudras.... but not how you outfitted them.

So you must have a Const bonus site somewhere as well, yeah?
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Okay, who wants to play "speculate who wished for Armageddon"?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Also, whoever is having fun with the locust swarms: fuck off.