[Dom3] Draft: Etimhara Victorious

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Silence is not an admission.

Just because you gish gallop him full of accusations and he can disprove one of them with a screen capture that doesn't hurt him to reveal doesn't mean he has to disprove every accusation you make with a screen capture, including ones that are impossible, or would have required him screen caping several times a turn for several turns in the past before you made the accusation.

He is disagreeing with this allegation just as hard as he did every other one. The difference is that this time you have realized the accusation is false.

Successfully convincing Hitler that gays aren't bad people would not be evidence that Hitler was correct in thinking Jews are.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Drama aside, I wouldn't mind doing a second draft game with the same nations after this one has run its course. I think it would be interesting to play Amblis from the beginning with a different strategy.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

In case it got lost in the mix: I also need a 24h extension (posted from my phone).
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

DrPraetor wrote:*double facepalm*

I knew there was a reason not to send Gorgons in solo, couldn't remember what it was, but I did a rushed turn (fearing no internet access) and just sent her in anyway.

Sigh.
Lol, haven't even been able to see the turn yet and see the results of my handiwork!
Last edited by Zinegata on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Ancient History wrote:Drama aside, I wouldn't mind doing a second draft game with the same nations after this one has run its course. I think it would be interesting to play Amblis from the beginning with a different strategy.
Yeah, draft is fun. I've been thinking about the issue of the national abilities (i.e. Blood Sac vs Prefer Cold 3) too to maybe finally include it after the LA Draft kinda dried up.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Zinegata wrote:
Ancient History wrote:Drama aside, I wouldn't mind doing a second draft game with the same nations after this one has run its course. I think it would be interesting to play Amblis from the beginning with a different strategy.
Yeah, draft is fun. I've been thinking about the issue of the national abilities (i.e. Blood Sac vs Prefer Cold 3) too to maybe finally include it after the LA Draft kinda dried up.
Actually, I think I have that issue licked. But I haven't had time to work on it... as soon as things stabilize with work/travel/drunken debauchery, will try again.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

I am in significant need of astral pearls. I have a huge stockpile of skull mentors that I can trade - or I can trade air or water, or forging services.
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Btw. I'm in the market of buying Astral Gems too.
Willing to pay: Fire, Air, Earth or Death Gems
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I need to ask for another 24 hour extension. Work is just insane.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

I just noticed... it's turn 34 and I never got turn 34... !

Asking for a resend worked though.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

And... now *I* need a 24h extension. Sorry, woulda had time to do the turn if it had arrived right after hosting, but I'm playing host to out of town guests and things are just nuts.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

DrPraetor wrote:And... now *I* need a 24h extension. Sorry, woulda had time to do the turn if it had arrived right after hosting, but I'm playing host to out of town guests and things are just nuts.
No problem. If anyone else didn't notice: Turn 34 happened and apparently not everyone received a turn.

Highlight of the turn is probably the death of the god of Carthacia.

-Username17
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Meanwhile, we managed to break the siege on our capital. Yay.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I'm chanceling the NAP with Etimhara this turn (34).

--
I'm getting bored Manditou
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

For those keeping track at home - Korwin may be slightly smaller than I am, but he has kitted Tartarians. More than one. His research advantage is no joke.

If I go down, he and Frank will end up consuming all of my territory (I have two distinct borders with Korwin, on top of his teleporters he's eating me alive if he wins), and it's over for all of you.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Actually I only have one (at the moment). ;-)
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Given that even Sachs has managed to field a super combatant, I'm not really running around in circles and panicking over some Tartarians.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Zinegata wrote:Given that even Sachs has managed to field a super combatant, I'm not really running around in circles and panicking over some Tartarians.
You can natively build Talmai Elders, that's not the same thing at all.

-Username17
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

FrankTrollman wrote:
Zinegata wrote:Given that even Sachs has managed to field a super combatant, I'm not really running around in circles and panicking over some Tartarians.
You can natively build Talmai Elders, that's not the same thing at all.

-Username17
LOL, we're not referring to Talmai Elders :).
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Zinegata/Sachs has got a kitted Bifrons, whom I would more charitably call a Thug.

Point is, once that Tartarian factory is seriously chugging, Korwin/Manditou is not going to be at all easy to stop.
Last edited by DrPraetor on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

DrPraetor wrote:Zinegata/Sachs has got a kitted Bifrons, whom I would more charitably call a Thug.
You're just jealous that we have one. :hmph:
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Looking for: Water Boost Cloak.
Will Trade: Any Flavor of Gem

Deals can also be made based on magic items. For example, I would trade a hammer for a Water Cloak.

-Nimtir
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

FrankTrollman wrote:Looking for: Water Boost Cloak.
Will Trade: Any Flavor of Gem

Deals can also be made based on magic items. For example, I would trade a hammer for a Water Cloak.

-Nimtir
Can I trade you a Water Cloak for a Gate Cleaver? Can you make those?

--Etimhara
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Our construction sucks and we don't have nearly as good magic diversity as some other factions. Our capital is on lockdown and we don't have much magic diversity in our smiths.

We can trade stuff like flaming shields and elemental armors - stuff smiths can make.

In other news, we would also like to trade for a Wind Bag or a Winged Helmet. Again, we'd trade in any variety of gems or some pile of smith goods. Or we'd trade an Armor of Souls straight across.

-Username17
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

I can hold off Korwin/Manditou for a short while - but he has too many teleporters for me to counter them effectively. However, his raw military might - his own ability to hold territory against an invader - is severely compromised. I may be able to weaken him further, if every break goes my way.

So if anyone wants to take a bite out of him, some time over the next several turns...