[Dom3] Draft: Etimhara Victorious

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Amblis is in the market for a Dwarven Hammer, 24 gems of any type or combination (no blood slaves, sorry). PM if interested.
Last edited by Ancient History on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

That was a well done ambush Nimtir.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Sachs wrote:That was a well done ambush Nimtir.
Thank you. We're actually not really interested in your territory and would like you to stop threatening to invade us.

-Nimtir.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Sachs, since you like public diplomacy so much:
we provide you with 3 turns notice on our NAP.

This is turn 24, so 24=1, 25=2, 26=3 - expect a sign of our enduring respect to arrive on turn 27.
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

DrPraetor wrote:Sachs, since you like public diplomacy so much:
we provide you with 3 turns notice on our NAP.

This is turn 24, so 24=1, 25=2, 26=3 - expect a sign of our enduring respect to arrive on turn 27.
You know, this also very much falls under "If you're gonna kill someone, just kill them. Don't pretend it's "respect" or some other nonsense.

I must admit though, fighting all of these early game wars is proving to be quite enjoyable as it's a different experience from my usual camp-then-push.
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Don't be ridiculous! As a gesture of friendship, we've initiated a new sensitivity program that will reduce the rate at which the corpses of fallen enemies are sexually violated by up to 33%, assuming response and participation targets are met for the expanded version of the pilot program.

If trying to rape the corpses of your fallen soldiers less often doesn't convince you of our benevolent intentions, I'm out of ideas.
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

DrPraetor wrote:Don't be ridiculous! As a gesture of friendship, we've initiated a new sensitivity program that will reduce the rate at which the corpses of fallen enemies are sexually violated by up to 33%, assuming response and participation targets are met for the expanded version of the pilot program.

If trying to rape the corpses of your fallen soldiers less often doesn't convince you of our benevolent intentions, I'm out of ideas.
Okay, now you're just being creepy.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Office looks to be busy tomorrow. Need an extension of 24 hours for the new turn.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Zinegata wrote:Office looks to be busy tomorrow. Need an extension of 24 hours for the new turn.
Hosting postponed for DenDraftGame by 24 hours. The game will now host at 06:47 GMT on Saturday June 9th.
Please note that this information will not be updated on the game status page for a few minutes.
-Username17
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Was it an request for the next turn? Not shure...
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Korwin wrote:Was it an request for the next turn? Not shure...
I assumed he meant "this turn" because Sachs hasn't put their turn in for this turn yet.

-Username17
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The previous administration in Amblis woefully neglected basic education and research, and the New Republic has passed a measure allocating funds to rectify the measure. As such, Amblis is looking to buy research boosters, and will pay fifty percent above the base construction cost - rounded up. So Quill Pens for 8 Air gems, etc. Anyone interested in providing such materials, please PM.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I actually feel a little insulted by what Etimhara sent XD
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

*facepalm*

Archers set on attack closest, oy. Also, Iron Darts isn't as effective as I'd remembered. I could've sworn it was +3/lvl not merely +1/lvl. Ah well.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

DrPraetor wrote:*facepalm*

Archers set on attack closest, oy. Also, Iron Darts isn't as effective as I'd remembered. I could've sworn it was +3/lvl not merely +1/lvl. Ah well.
I think that is Iron Blizzard that is +3 per level.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Archers set on attack closest wasn't that bad. Archers ending up in front of the meat shields was pretty bad though (why'd you even Hold / Attack the giants?).

Also, yes, you're probably thinking of Iron Blizzard.
Last edited by Zinegata on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Ok, now that's more like it. Give us a good death, Etimhara.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Frank - can we turn off the timer for a couple days? Or make the due cycle 72h or something? I'm going to be bouncing around a lot and I'm not sure when I'll have time/internet access to do turns.

Thanks-
DrP
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Sachs would like to announce that we are withdrawing from all of our NAPs. Not because we want to attack any of you, but because we want to invite everyone who is not Etimhara to jump in and take a piece of Sachs.

Yes, we're that screwed. I was an idiot. Take a piece of the pie before Etimhara dooms you all :).
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

pics or gtfo. :)

Seriously, for those of us sorta following at home, can we get a bit more? It sounds awesome.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

My main mistake (in the Etimhara war anyway) is that I sent my army to the wrong place. I should have shifted it south to defend my holdings instead of shifting north to counter-attack an early incursion.

And then rather than admitting I made a mistake I then attacked Etimhara's second biggest army head on while they had Pretender support; which didn't end very well for my main army.

Again - this is my idiocy entirely (on top of the poor play earlier against Tsimzam and Nimtir). I didn't take the time to think the maneuvers through and I paid for it. So now Etimhara has captured a fort beside my capital, I'm without a proper standing army, while Etimhara has multiple armies to deploy against me.

We've no real hope of stopping them now, so the best we can do it to try and deny Etimhara some of the territories they would otherwise get by completely conquering Sachs - and we'll deny them by giving them to others.

Etimhara already has a massive gold production lead, 2nd place in research and a virtual tie for 2nd in terms of gem income. All of these will be magnified once they take Sach's farmlands and forts; so letting them have all of Sachs is not an option.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

How's a 48 hour turn?

-Username17
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

I can get a turn in today... and then 48h after that host should do it, but I think I'll need 48h after the following host as well.

--DrP
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Zinegata wrote: Etimhara already has a massive gold production lead, 2nd place in research and a virtual tie for 2nd in terms of gem income. All of these will be magnified once they take Sach's farmlands and forts; so letting them have all of Sachs is not an option.
I'm overtaxing. Nice try. While your territories would give me a modest lead, I'd still be smaller than any two of the viable players: Uvolge, Nimtir, Tsimzam, Huichan or Manditou, any two of them would be bigger than me. Just because I'm finishing you off doesn't make me the #1 global threat - which is always Frank.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

DrPraetor wrote:doesn't make me the #1 global threat - which is always Frank.
While I can agree with this position*, I still find you a little greedy. Trying to cut me of off Sachs meaty parts.
I'll probably still snipe some of Sachs unclaimed provinces.

Btw. what is Frank doing? Besides being second in Provinces.
Mass producing summoning Demons? (Would be my guess.)
Provice graph (Frank is second)

Research graph (Frank is second to last)

Last edited by Korwin on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.