The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
So, Anime You Like Lately
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konosuba.
The one trick spell pony mage that can cast the worlds biggest explosion spell and is otherwise completely useless.
The thief that can steal panties through pants.
The masochistic paladin tank . .
Appearantly enough fun that what you are talking about is actually probably the second season even.

Last edited by Stahlseele on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
JonSetanta
King

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stahlseele wrote:
Konosuba.
The one trick spell pony mage that can cast the worlds biggest explosion spell and is otherwise completely useless.
The thief that can steal panties through pants.
The masochistic paladin tank . .
Appearantly enough fun that what you are talking about is actually probably the second season even.

I just discovered the glory of humor that is this series

FrankTrollman wrote:
Scaling feats were just a bad idea. I'm sorry I wrote them.
Dogbert
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just finished Assassination Classroom.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Duke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I thought Assassination Classroom

Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
DSMatticus
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regarding Assassination Classroom....

Last edited by DSMatticus on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
maglag
Duke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DSMatticus wrote:

Fully agreed.

DSMatticus wrote:

Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Dogbert
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, chalk me up as new fan of Konosuba, thanks for the recommendation!
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The new BLAME! feature film just premiered on Netflix and it's really good. Production values are very high and a number of the action sequences, particularly the initial encounter with the Safeguards and the final combat sequence with Killy are extremely well done. It's a finely contained 90 minute piece.
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been enjoying My Hero Academia.

Sure it's bog standard shounen faire, but the animation is gorgeous, there hasn't been too much filler, and fights don't take more than two episodes to resolve. That said, they get one tournament arc. One. Anymore than that and I nope out immediately.

I like that it's a superhero universe where people get just one power. I've been getting tired of Marvel/DC style superheroes.
JonSetanta
King

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mechalich wrote:
The new BLAME! feature film just premiered on Netflix and it's really good. Production values are very high and a number of the action sequences, particularly the initial encounter with the Safeguards and the final combat sequence with Killy are extremely well done. It's a finely contained 90 minute piece.

I don't like what they did with Cybo, nor the animation style (it's in 3D CGI)
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So Tiger Mask W has reached its conclusion - it was a pretty long series - and it was good. The story reached the end that everyone assumed it would do, but it was the right ending and felt good, IT'S ALMOST LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE TWISTS JUST TO SWERVE THE AUDIENCE AND CAN SIMPLY TELL A GOOD STORY, WWE.

And then they had a "blow-off" episode for some post-story comedy, but even there they managed to do some character development for Spring Tiger. And for Miss X too, really.
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mechalich wrote:

Hope it did well enough for a continuation, Silicon Lifeforms and Domonchevsky!

icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it's exactly a new anime, but I watched some Samurai Flamenco with my new roommate (and the old one), ended up liking it despite the somewhat silly premise. We've actually been watching plenty of different anime that's been on my "anime I should watch" list for some time now, like the second season of Ghost in the Shell.

virgil wrote:
And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I stumbled on this anime series called "The Reflection", which was created by Hiroshi Nagahama and Stan Lee.

The show has an interesting premise, the characters have cool powers and the artwork is an amazing high contrast style that's like Japanese animators channeling Alex Toth. Also, it takes place primarily in the US, where the dialogue is dubbed (with Stan The Man himself providing voicework), but part of the story takes place in Japan where the Japanese dialogue is kept intact with subtitles.

But here's the thing: the dubbing is just fucking awful. It's easily the worst I've heard since the US Rendition and Animeigo days. I usually opt to watch the dub over the subtitled versions when I can, but in this case I definitely recommend the subtitled version.
Dogbert
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not new, but Kouzuki no Reitetsu is great if you're into black comedy (the series' second season is underway, though)

Also, not new either, but I LOVED Gatchaman Crowds. Nice deconstruction of sentai teams with some interesting ideas. Great social commentary on how the system and the institutions have failed and people are going to have to take matters into their own hands if we're to get out of the hole (a MOST strange message coming from Japan, of all places). Also, seeing Galactor reimagined as a revolution of emergent economies and social media did amaze me. I'll start watching season 2 after I finish catching up with Daredevil and Defenders.

The message at the end is particularly necessary for a lot of people, dealing with

Last edited by Dogbert on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46

Jump to: