[Dom3] Ancient's Game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

Having realised that I will probably never, ever build a Machakan Hoplite, I'm kicking myself for not taking Sloth.

Also, Machaka has Air and Nature gems to trade, and is looking for Death and Earth.
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

You still need a bit of resources if you want to recruit the sacred giant spiders though.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Well, C'tis, that was unfortunate. Diplomacy?

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Gnosticism Is A Hoot wrote:Well, C'tis, that was unfortunate. Diplomacy?
Certainly. I am fairly content with my existing borders. I offer the following peace terms.
- If I decide to attack one of your provinces or do something particularly damaging to your faction, I'll give 3 turns advance notice.
- If you decide to attack one of my provinces or do something particularly damaging to my faction, you'll give 3 turns advance notice.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Turns 17-19
I have reached the point where my craftting is fairly versatile, but I don't have any of the nice enchantments that will give enemies asymmetric disadvantage in battle.
I've been sitting next to this indie province with an army for a couple of turns now, and Machaka hasn't taken it. I might as well attack. I'm feeling lazy, so I make no diplomatic communication about it.
If I take this, it may open up an avenue for future expansion and give me an idea what other nations are doing.
Turn 18

As it turns out, Machaka tried taking the province too, and they sent a much larger force.
I plan to take Construction to 6 for water bracelets, then Conjuration for a few combatants to supplement my main army.
Turn 19

I have made peace on Machaka, and now turn my attention to the indie provinces I blocked off with my expansion so far.
Now I am going to invest heavily into new forts and labs, so I build up long term income and a strong research base.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Rushing to Construction 6 for Water Bracelets I suppose? You may also want to spend the time in between to trade for a couple of hammers.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

My pretender can make hammers. Not as efficiently as it might, given that it lacks hands, but it has made one already. And I think I forgot to use it this turn.
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Avoraciopoctules wrote:
Gnosticism Is A Hoot wrote:Well, C'tis, that was unfortunate. Diplomacy?
Certainly. I am fairly content with my existing borders. I offer the following peace terms.
- If I decide to attack one of your provinces or do something particularly damaging to your faction, I'll give 3 turns advance notice.
- If you decide to attack one of my provinces or do something particularly damaging to my faction, you'll give 3 turns advance notice.
Accepted.

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

@Shinuyama: Since our territories are now adjacent, would you like to discuss borders? I fully intend to take Debrithia (province 102) this turn.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

No.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Fight! Fight! Fight! :viking:
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

It looks like I missed a turn. Don't worry, it isn't going to impact me all that much. And the gold that accumulated made me comfortable buying another fort.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Haha, I might have just carefully constructed a new experimental thug, only to realize soon after that it's vulnerable to Miasma.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Haha, I might have just carefully constructed a new experimental thug, only to realize soon after that it's vulnerable to Miasma.
Miasma can freely use Banelords, Lamia Queens, Golems, Wraithlords, Vampires, Tartarians, and Gargoyles. They can kind of get by with Ivy Kings, Earth Kings, and Water Queens because they naturally regenerate and are thus resistant to disease. Since that is most of the popular thug chasses, I think Miasma does OK.

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Awaken Sleeper. I spent around 20 minutes looking for an item that gives swamp survival, but I don't think that's actually an option.

By the way, if anyone wants Fire gems, C'tis is willing to trade for any mix of the 3 core types it uses (Water, Nature, Death, not Astral).
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Update for turns 17-19 complete.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Turns 20-27 [incomplete]

Turn 20

Turn 21 staled. I was playing Dungeons of Dredmor and getting ready for the next quarter of classes.

Turn 22

Turn 23

Turn 24

Turn 25

Turn 26

Turn 27

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Looks like I staled on another turn. But this one got turned in alright.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Anybody claiming province 92? I'm surprised to run into an indie land province this late in the game.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

I had intended to take it once I'd set up my armies. Since you ask, I'll try to take it this turn. :P
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Oh dear. And here I am at school with no means of altering my issued orders for the next ~10 hours. I guess I'll just have to let the dice fall where they may.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Yay accidents due to the commanding officers not telling people in the field what's going on!

Those are the BEST KIND
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

What a lovely place the world of Dominions is. Oh well, you've got a shot at some tasty commander accessories. See you next turn.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Well that went poorly.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Quantumboost wrote:Well that went poorly.
In general, if your plan is to have some human slaves catch arrows while you make undead, you should put those human slaves in separate units of 1. As is, you put all the chaff in one pile so they all booked it.

Not, of course, that there was much you were going to do. Were those guys really casting level 2 spells? This is too late in the game to send four Zanzumites into a battle and not know Raise Skeletons. But having your entire pack of chaff not run away on the first turn against the archers would have been good.

Oh, and hello to the folks in the middle. Don't mind my Sea King, I just noticed that there was an unclaimed province with nothing but some heavy cavalry so I had one of my thugs take it.

-Username17