Friendship is Magic

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

On the roleplaying threads on 4chan's /mlp/ board, you get yelled at if your reply is "HOLY SHIT! A TALKING HORSE!"

Despite the fact that is probably what I would say if a horse started talking to me.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Since season 5 is under an extended delay, there's not a lot of new content to talk about. So, here's something cringy and strange:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stuffed-Animal- ... ywords=mlp

Before anyone asks, yes those are grotesquely swollen horse udders on that doll. To people who don't hang out in as weird of places I do, that resembles a tumblr artist's OC pony Milky Way. Her special talent is having enormous, constantly lactating udders (or, "crotch-boobs" as they are called in the weirder parts of the fandom). You probably shouldn't google the tumblr page "Milkmare of Trottingham"...
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Last edited by Stahlseele on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Fluttershy hasn't been as bad recently on the more competitive level. The current elephant in the room for the game right now is a deck build called Dragon Express that is guaranteed to win on turn 4; and not a single other design in the game is capable of beating it.

My bad, there is a deck capable of beating Dragon Express, but it's coin-flip odds at best and it's an otherwise terrible deck because all it's designed to do is attempt to stop DE.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Count Arioch the 28th
King

The only thing I'm thinking is "Huh, reminds me of Story of the Blanks".
schpeelah
Knight-Baron

Post by schpeelah »

I foresee much rage about Twilight teleporting out of the trap and leaving her friends behind. The previous trailers involved shots of Rainbow and Rarity with the equal sign marks, and I think the shot of Twilight watching five lights floating through the air is when it happens.

Comparison of the magic map and the official map reveals that the former doesn't have room for several locations, like the Everfree and Appleoosa.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

New episode is this week, right? /mlp/ can't take much more shitposting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7NR90hkcQ
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
schpeelah
Knight-Baron

Post by schpeelah »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:New episode is this week, right? /mlp/ can't take much more shitposting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7NR90hkcQ
Nope, the official release date still "Spring 2015". So expect it in like May or April at the earliest.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

oh how i WISH Hasbro would actually sue them over misuse of their Trademark/IP for that . .
Last edited by Stahlseele on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Well . . Episode 1 and 2 of S5 have aired and of course immediately hit the Webbernets for consumption worldwide . .
That was a pretty dark start to the new season O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Just gonna leave this here.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

It's a valid overthink.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So... pony clicker is a thing that exists now...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

RelentlessImp wrote:Just gonna leave this here.
If I ever get a game group again, I was going to run a ponyfinder campaign under similar themes. The book accidentally reinforces that by making all of the villains some flavor of chaotic, and one of the alternate races being fluffed as heroic protectors that are always lawful.

(on a side note, the way they handle race is interesting, it's all templated where you give up certain abilities. You can be a gem unicorn, or a clockwork bat pony, or a lawful champion sea pony). I'm not sure it's done WELL but it is interesting.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Certainly sounds interesting.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Yeah, there's a lot of interesting things in there that aren't handled well. Like how the feat that gives you a hoof attack only lets you attack with one... or how they give a lot of alternate ways to use weapons, then says you need to limit attacks, but is not 100% clear where to stop (It specifically says you can't use two hooves, a horn, a mouth-held weapon, two mage-handed weapons and a mounted weapon at the same time, but I'm not 100% cure where the limit needs to be...) There's a lot of things that just aren't worded well and the book has organizational issues. The artwork is gorgeous though.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

mounted weapon?
that sounds like it should be combined with clockwork earth pony to make a quadruped tank O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Clockworks do get an option to mount firearms into their bodies, so that could work. But you can get a specific type of saddle mount that can hold a two handed weapon for use. You don't get to put this together until you've read almost the entire book, but you need to burn a feat to use a two handed weapon, and burn another to treat it as a two handed weapon normally. Set two feats on fire, versus a couple GP weapon mount that lets you use a shield as well? Yeah, I know what I'm taking.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

I went at it again upon catching up. Now I'm almost convinced it's on purpose, especially after Cutie Map.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I know that's pretty much what we do, but the ammount of overthink that is put into some things still boggles my mind sometimes @.@
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Sometimes it's just fun to extrapolate and produce results that diverge wildly from the surface details.