Friendship is Magic

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i guess it was just a question of when rather than if he would O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Twilight Sparkle's voice actress has very large breasts
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

it looks like either some tumblr feminazis got askprincessmolestia deleted or hasbro C&D'ed the creator.
he uploaded one last picture to it just today and 2 hours later it was gone.
4chan is seemingly at war because of this right now.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, I guess enough people bitched about rape humour to get it either taken down, or harangue the owner into deleting the blog.

Because not enough people have heard Carlin's bit on rape and jokes about it.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

ah, no, not quite it seems.
that was the first impression, yes, but appearantly, it was the hasjews.
http://www.horse-news.net/2014/01/break ... estia.html
wonder what the 4chan reaction will be.
i have found the thread and am following it ^^
Last edited by Stahlseele on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Predictably, apparently some APM fans are threatening APM haters with rape.

*sigh* I keep trying to advance the theory that rape can be joked about (if you know what you're doing, see Carlin), but these fuckers on the internet keep defending rape jokes with rape threats.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Prak, do you really think anyone in the poni fandom has a fraction of the talent, taste, wit or humor of Carlin? Especially when Internet Mad?

Don't give a retarded kid the nuke launch codes and don't give Bronies a chance to interact with...anyone while enraged. Or the chance to pervert non Japanese Intellectual Property.
Last edited by Mask_De_H on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

I am certain it's not poni fandom that is lacking in taste, but just guys on the internet.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, these are the same kind of idiots who threatened people with murder and rape over the Dickwolves debacle.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Is anyone else annoyed that they're nearly halfway through the season and haven't even (explicitly) touched upon the whole "six key box" thing? I've read the speculation that various things are the keys, but even they reach the finale and say "oh hey, all this shit we've gathered just happen to be the keys!" I'd still consider that fairly lame writing.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

yeah, that is ever so slightly annoying and reeks of lazy writers i am afraid <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

They'll likely touch on it in the next Twilight episode, which is oh, the next one.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

It's been stated that they're going to test each of the Mane six of their element; which has so far just been Rainbow Dash and Rarity. So far, it's sounding like they're doing this kind of vague build-up toward the finale a-la Doctor Who rather than the previous season's approach of slice-of-life after slice-of-life followed with a big season finale without warning.
Last edited by virgil on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

@Josh:
I thought next one is Pinkie Pie versus Weird Al Janovich Party-Off?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Except that the tests are coming off as Slice of Life still.

Rarity and Rainbow Dash have sufficiently interesting lives that for them it's fine, but Apple Jack's life is boring as shit and always comes with a lead anvil dropped on the viewer's head after having to sit through the absolutely least interesting family archetypes Equestria has to offer. (I'm just glad they don't go too southern in her accent)

I'm also not particularly interested in Pinkie's life, seeing as how I know someone like that in real life, and the only real difference is that Pinkie somehow manages to have good qualities too.

And Fluttershy... well, she'd be interesting with some actual character growth. If she were allowed to transition from "scared of absolutely everything" to "simply an introvert," then maybe her SoL episodes would be more interesting. Hell, ostensibly May the Best Pet Win was partially a Fluttershy episode, and her part in it was very good, because she was dealing with peopleponies she knew and a subject matter that was her thing.

Rainbow Falls bugged me too because I'm certain there are other pegasi in Ponyville that Dash could be training. Hell, Derpy's a disaster, but at least she can fly and fit through the same hoops the other ponies can, unlike SnowflakeBulk Bicep.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

*snickers*
dat name ^^

yeah, derpy . . pirate derpy would probably fix the character up good.
lose depth perception, but you gain actually knowing which way your eye is looking and making heads and tails and wings of that too!
it would also get rid of the whole derpy controversy . . which by the way seems to be the next thing pinkiepony is going after if tumblr is any indication -.-
it would on the other hand make her a more boring character, because, aside from the eye-patch, she has nothing else then to distinguish her anymore.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Prak_Anima wrote:And Fluttershy... well, she'd be interesting with some actual character growth. If she were allowed to transition from "scared of absolutely everything" to "simply an introvert," then maybe her SoL episodes would be more interesting.
I've actually seen growth out of her; she's not as much of a pushover, and this has been shown even after her teachings from the Minotaur. While not growth, her stare (a sign of that bad side) and knowledge of sewing and other stuff revealed over the seasons have revealed a more nuanced character.
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Stahlseele wrote:*snickers*
dat name ^^

yeah, derpy . . pirate derpy would probably fix the character up good.
lose depth perception, but you gain actually knowing which way your eye is looking and making heads and tails and wings of that too!
it would also get rid of the whole derpy controversy . . which by the way seems to be the next thing pinkiepony is going after if tumblr is any indication -.-
it would on the other hand make her a more boring character, because, aside from the eye-patch, she has nothing else then to distinguish her anymore.
Oh great, more people misconstruing "derp" as making fun of people with downs syndrome. Well, at least there's a better platform from which to argue against that than "er... uh... FREE SPEECH!"

Having fucked up eyes isn't terribly deep either, and her only other defining trait, so far, is that she's a klutz. The mane six could seriously help her in one episode where they give her an eye patch, sing a song and give her some practice dealing with lack of depth perception that then allow her to start showing more interests and personality. There's already some indication that she's a cloudcookoolander but not as bad as Pinkie. Hell, that's actually pretty good right there--She's Pinkie, love of baking and all, just not as WTFRANDOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

On Fluttershy, well, that's true. It'd be nice if she wasn't portrayed as scared of everything still, though.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/my-li ... 33160.html
Tell me again it's a show aimed at little girls, i dare you!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

GOD DAMNIT HOW DID THIS REFERENCE NOT MAKE IT INTO THE FLUTTERBAT EPISODE????

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Yeah, they should have said it in that episode . . i was waiting for somepony to do so . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, and I figured the only reason they didn't was because they couldn't get away with it.

Though I suppose they were setting up for Discord to say the famous line in this episode as they travel through that area...

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

ok, watched the episode . .
so, aside from the fear and loathing in las vegas one . .
err . . was that a harry potter reference in there?
and the scene with the chair, the pull cord and the water from above . . was that showgirls or striptease?
or some other older movie i can't quite remember the title of right now . .
and discord did not say that line either . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

erik
King

Post by erik »