I am running a Fantasy HERO game, and I need one player.

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Surgo
Duke

I am running a Fantasy HERO game, and I need one player.

Post by Surgo »

You don't have to be familiar with the HERO system (I'll even write your character for you), but you have to be willing to learn. It's basically "superheroes in Planescape", which is really what the Planescape setting is all about. The rules are pretty much "build superheroes" with some house stuff, just like any normal Heroes game. When I say Planescape I mean this is actually a Planescape game; I had wanted to run something like that at first but found the 3.5 rules kind of bust that setting open. Plus, plane-hopping superheroes kind of sounds fun.

There are two twists though:
1) The game is played via VoIP, like Skype.
2) The game has a rotating DM schedule.

The first is obvious enough. With the second, the DM swaps after some appropriate time quantum or story arc. Characters don't change; the DM's character just takes a back-seat role and one of the other character or characters get spotlight instead. I will probably be the first DM, unless one of the other players wants that honor.

If you're interested, either post here or (preferably) contact me on AIM (screen name VenthornK) and we'll work out the details. I'll show you the character building rules and the character I'll be playing, so you can get an idea of what kind of power level to shoot for or pick up inspiration if you need some.

edit: Worth mentioning is we're all in the Eastern US time zone.
Last edited by Surgo on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Is there seriously zero interest for this? I've seen so many posts here looking for an MC, has all that evaporated?
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

I'm not sure anyone here is familiar enough with HERO to be interested. In my case, I would be, but your timezone is seriously horrid given the one I'm in.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

As much as I'm the HERO guy around here, I'm already at the limit of my gaming schedule with my 2 f2f and one IRC game and I'm likely to again have full-time employment in the next couple weeks, which will mean even less free time very soon, so my signing up for new games is not happening.

Aside from that there are also a couple of "not to my interest" flags in your post - and there's little point in my signing up for games I'm going to have a low interest in.

So good luck recruiting, maybe try a link to this thread in your siggy for a week or two.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Ice9
Duke

Post by Ice9 »

I do play HERO, but I don't generally play online games, and I'm in the Pacific time zone. Not saying it's impossible, but I don't have a headset, Skype, or AIM yet, and I'm not sure whether the timing would work out.

Also, the OP could use some details, at least a bit on the type of things that would be happening in the campaign plus the character parameters. And what days/times you were thinking of playing.
Last edited by Ice9 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Josh: That's fine. No need to post if you have no interest!

Ice: There's fewer details because it's the kind of stuff I was going to give people who AIMed me, so I could answer any questions as they came up while reading. I can't put a time yet because we haven't decided on one; it depends on the intersection of all players' times, including the 4th.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I'm interested, and in the same time zone. I'll PM you an address to send chargen rules. I'm brushing up on the HERO rules now. 6th, right?