Sorcerer Bloodline [PF]

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Covent
Master

Sorcerer Bloodline [PF]

Post by Covent »

So, my wife has long loved familiars and the idea of one that grows with it's master.

Due to us rebooting a game and returning to some much beloved characters I have made her a new bloodline, I am calling the Twin Souled to cater to this.

Theme is basically a familiar/master pair that grow in magical might together and share power.

It is here.

Feedback is appreciated. Especially any suggestions on fifth or ninth level bloodline spells as I just could not find much that was totally thematic.
Last edited by Covent on Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maxus wrote:Being wrong is something that rightly should be celebrated, because now you have a chance to correct and then you'll be better than you were five minutes ago. Perfection is a hollow shell, but perfectibility is something that is to be treasured.
Covent
Master

Post by Covent »

So I have been thinking of doing some changes to PF sorcerer. I know this is not exactly groundbreaking stuff, but any feedback would be appreciated.

I am eliminating the increase in casting time for sorcerers using metamagic.

I am toying with the idea of giving sorcerers wizard progression in spells. While also adjusting spells per day. Table is here.

I am adjusting the rate at which sorcerers gain bloodline powers and feats. This will result in sorcerers getting two more feats and one more power over the course of their career.

Lastly I am going to give sorcerers their bloodline spells at the level where they gain the ability to cast that spell level.

Please check out at least the table under the "new sorcerer" tab and feel free to give me feedback, as it is both welcome and wanted.

A tweaked version of the twin souled bloodline is here.
Last edited by Covent on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxus wrote:Being wrong is something that rightly should be celebrated, because now you have a chance to correct and then you'll be better than you were five minutes ago. Perfection is a hollow shell, but perfectibility is something that is to be treasured.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I see no reason to reduce spells per day for sorcerers. They're significantly worse than wizards even with a few extra spells known anyway (more so in Pathfinder as Wizards have Arcane Bond and Quick Study (and Fast Study if exploiter wizard) ). I'd advise stealing the spells known/per day tables from the Kaelik Sorcerer and just decreasing all the spells known of that one by 1 to account for free bloodline spells.

I'd put the Evolution Surge Tree as bloodline spells (specifying that the familiar counts as an eidolon for twin souled sorcerers) and maybe let the familiar get a few evolution points (at a significantly slower rate than a summoner's eidolon) as the sorcerer levels.