Exalted! problems

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

fectin
Prince

Exalted! problems

Post by fectin »

So, one of my players told me she isn't having fun, because another player is making bad decisions (in character). All the details so far are in the other thread. Any advice?

I can probably make it work out, but if anyone has any good insights, I'm all ears.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Uh, could you maybe separate out the details and be more specific in what you are asking for?

Because as it stands now, I can only give really really generic advice along the lines of
Your options are
  • Convince player A and player B to get along somehow
  • Continue with player A not having fun
  • Coerce player B into being less of a douche, or at least not hiding behind "it's in character" when he wants to be a douche.
  • Lose player A from the group,
    and/or
  • Lose player B from the group
  • Replace player A and/or B
    and/or
  • End the game
Pick at least one
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Yeah, that wasn't really a fair question. At all.

My bad.

It turned out that what Player A really wanted was to keep playing her high power character from a previous game. I think it worked out though when Player B gave Player A a bunch of really good advice on not trying to recapture the same character, then Player A's ability to turn a banana into a boat was a key plot point.