Tome game. IRC only. WTB DM.

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Dungeonomicon Monk is what I'll be trying out.

Are we still going to be policemen or has Kaelik changed the setting?
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

The GUARDS setting is dead as it's way too damn silly. It's basically made for one-shots. Just make characters, give me some hooks, and I'll put together a campaign that makes at least a little sense.
Fenrisulfr
1st Level

Post by Fenrisulfr »

Since this looks like it's actually going to get going, I should probably mention that the last time I used IRC was probably more than a decade ago, so any suggestions for a (free) client would be helpful.

Also, Kaelik, was it your intention that the FoV's various undead-creating abilities be used to create as many undead as you have corpses, or just one of each type? Given what I know about you I have a hard time believing you'd write an ability that gave you a legion of dudes, but stranger things have happened and as far as I can see the only time it's specified is with the Vampire Squad.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Yeah, all of those are supposed to be one of each.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

My friend would like to use a sorcerer class of his own design, and asked me to pass it along to you. Let me know the verdict and I'll pass it along.

I've got my character close-ish to completion, might need to run feats or backgrounds by, but other than that, it's pretty standard stuff. ....where standard means "evil god-hating subrace of human pokemaster"...

Edit: Oh, I should make sure you're cool with me using Product of Infernal Dalliance as my vasharan bonus vile feat. Not that it matters because Vash. are seriously just humans with a restriction...
Last edited by Prak on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Fenrisulfr
1st Level

Post by Fenrisulfr »

Any objections to my using this halfling subrace from the Wiki?
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Brightmind Halfling is fine.
Product of Infernal Dalliance is fine as a bonus vile feat.
The Sorcerer alternate is fine.

I think I might have to shoot down the Pokemaster; it's a lot of bookkeeping from what I can see. But right now, it's fine.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

What's the bookkeeping on Pokemaster that's worrying you? As far as I can tell it's just a stable of characters that I have to keep track of and advance as appropriate.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Pretty much that. I'm willing to allow it for now but if the bookkeeping gets out of control on me (doublechecking and remembering them) then it may require a new character.

It'll be another week before we get ready to start. Sick this week. Hopefully won't be for long.
Fenrisulfr
1st Level

Post by Fenrisulfr »

Another FoV question: is the Lifesense ability as the Wraith ability, or as the Libris Mortis feat? If the former, is its range 60 ft, as with the Wraith, or 120 ft to match up with Deathsense?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Would being a PoID be enough outsider mojo to grab Pseudoelemental Being? Looking at being the product of dream dalliance by a shadow fiend thing...

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

The feat, 120ft.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

More or less mechanically complete character here too. Pending on decision regarding Psuedomental Being.

Would also like some kind of DM decision on the CR modifier of giving something basic or advanced access to a sphere. Half Fiend/Celestial/whatever gives somewhat better than basic access to a sphere, plus a few things (DR, SR, et al.), so basic sphere should be less of a modification than that, maybe Advanced Access modifies CR like such a template would, and Basic isn't a big deal? I ask because it's an easy way to make a normal animal/vermin into a pokemon.

RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Basic: +1
Advanced: +2
Expert: +2 (the difference in an encounter between "3/day" and "at-will" isn't that extreme)

Psuedo-Elemental Being: Sure.
Last edited by RelentlessImp on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

RelentlessImp wrote:Basic: +1
Advanced: +2
Expert: +2 (the difference in an encounter between "3/day" and "at-will" isn't that extreme)

Psuedo-Elemental Being: Sure.
I don't know the pokemonster stuff. But the difference between at will and 3/day is like infinitely important for out of combat stuff, which basically covers like 4-5 spheres. At will Planar Binding is actually super fucking +40CR.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Really? +1 CR for basic? That's a larger modifier than half fiend et al, for less actual power.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak_Anima wrote:Really? +1 CR for basic? That's a larger modifier than half fiend et al, for less actual power.
No it's not you fucking idiot. Half Fiend is +1 for 4HD, +2 for 5-10HD. It's a smaller increase than Half Fiend, and it's fucking impossible for +1 to be a greater increase. You have 6HD monsters. Why the fuck do you think at level 3 you should be casting 3 or more 3rd level spells a day. Suck a dick and die.
Last edited by Kaelik on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

actually, most of the stuff I'd be adding sphere access to is 1-3 HD, and if I increased the HD, it would have advanced access, giving it a +1 CR, and making it flat not controllable. So my choice would basically be:
-3 or less HD creature with a few once/day spell likes
-4-6 HD otherwise normal creature
-4-6 HD creature with 3/day spell likes I can't control without Handle Animal, that I've basically just given flamethrowers and lightning guns.

er, clearly I'm assuming a HD dependant cr modifier, like the cited templates.
Last edited by Prak on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fenrisulfr
1st Level

Post by Fenrisulfr »

Ziegnod
NPC

Post by Ziegnod »

Hello all I haven't posted here before but I've been using all of the awesome materials you guys have created for about a year now in the campaigns I DM for.
I've even made some of my own just never really posted it before. I moved a few months ago and was wondering if you still have any space in your game, as I have been going through withdrawals from gaming.
My schedule is mostly clear as I work part-time for now. I have a few characters ready to go, I play any classes, but stick mostly to whimsical rogues or assassins.
If you wouldn't mind me joining the game ill post up my character sheets.

EDIT: Figured I'd throw up a character anyway Grigori Ironfist
Last edited by Ziegnod on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Red Archon
Journeyman

Post by Red Archon »

If you guys are still open for business, I'd like to ask to join as well. I've just lost my job and will be available nearly all the time, the next pause I have is around 12.-15.9. If there are roles you'd really need someone to take up, I can play pretty much anything. Right now a bullshit anima mage seems like my ideal choice, but I'm all ears.

If you're willling to have me, that is.

EDIT: Whipped this together. Samatara
Last edited by Red Archon on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ziegnod
NPC

Post by Ziegnod »

As far as IRC clients go, Instantbird is working for me so far and its free
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

What time are we looking at on Wednesdays? I was given a shift this Wednesday and kinda need to take what I can get right now, but should be able to keep Wednesdays clear in the future, if need be, but I'm just wondering what time, as I didn't see one in my quick skim of page one.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, what's going on with this?