After Sundown Playtest Notes

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Prince

After Sundown Playtest Notes

Post by Orion »

--Character used Solid Darkness to immobilize an enemy, then was knocked out. I ruled that Solid Darkness deactivated, but the rules were unclear.

--What is the delivery vector for magic poison? Our Khaibit wanted to poison an enemy by spitting in his face. I allowed it but assume it's not meant to work like that.

--What happens when a mirror is designed for one creature or class of creatures to escape limbo. Can they use it repeatedly as a two-way door?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Re: After Sundown Playtest Notes

Post by Kaelik »

Orion wrote:--Character used Solid Darkness to immobilize an enemy, then was knocked out. I ruled that Solid Darkness deactivated, but the rules were unclear.

--What is the delivery vector for magic poison? Our Khaibit wanted to poison an enemy by spitting in his face. I allowed it but assume it's not meant to work like that.

--What happens when a mirror is designed for one creature or class of creatures to escape limbo. Can they use it repeatedly as a two-way door?
Also, Solid Darkness + Line of Sight by Eye of Night.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Here's my guess, for what it's worth:

[*]Getting knocked out does not deactivate Solid Darkness. You can't direct it while unconscious. Dying explicitly ends Solid Darkness.

[*]IIf you're close enough to kiss someone, you can poison them by biting them or spitting in their face. Same attack roll.

[*]Eyes of Night, by necessity, gives line of sight to a shadow that you may not otherwise have line of sight to. That, or any other shadow you can see from it, can serve as the origin of Solid Darkness.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

My PC with Denial of Privacy knew that a certain NPC was expecting to receive orders via Dream Vision. He camped that guy's dreams waiting for the boss to show up, then used Learn the Heart's Pain on him, and then have a conversation with the dream visitor. I allowed it because I didn't want to argue and it was cool.

--As written it looks like dream vision does not allow you to enter or observe someone's dream, so he should have been able to hear the message but not interact with the sender. Correct?

--What can you do to someone in their dreams? Can you use Authority on them? Discernment? Do any of these require Horrid Reality?
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Orion wrote:As written it looks like dream vision does not allow you to enter or observe someone's dream, so he should have been able to hear the message but not interact with the sender. Correct?
I shouldn't have been able to interact with the guy if he was using only Dream Vision. I actually presumed he was using Denial of Privacy himself when he actually reacted. <_<
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

We know Qin is badass. If the building (by coincidence) wasn't much more than a kilometer from the truck, he could have just used Denial of Privacy.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack