WTB After Sundown MC

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Kaelik wrote:Like PM?
Yes, PM
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Quantumboost wrote:
Kaelik wrote:Like PM?
Yes, PM
So then why did you say that Friday works for you?
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Orion wrote:If possible, I would like to reschedule for Thursday or Friday night.
So, yes, as I stated, I am available for Friday night. Which is at night, on Friday, such as for example 7:00, which is 9:00 his time. Which is, by the way, at night. On Friday. When I am available.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Okay, 9:00 Central Time it is. I'm gonna look into getting an IRC channel, I don't really know how these things work. In the mean time, I'm TigerUdyr on AIM, and orion [dot] anderson (at) g mail . com on google talk.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

I have obtained the channel #aftersundown on Mibbit.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

So...I fell asleep unexpectedly, literally minutes before the game was scheduled to start last Friday. My sincere apologies to everyone. If there's still interest, I can run a session tomorrow Wednesday.

EDIT: I got a PM from some players indicating they were good to go Wednesday, but then realized I hadn't posted in the thread yet...
Last edited by Orion on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

I will be in-channel tomorrow as soon as I get home, which should be approximately the same time as on Friday.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I will be in channel but playing SCII from 6, so let me know when you are ready.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Sorry, trying new computer has been having ram issues.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Did I miss something yesterday? Sorry, totally forgot completely on wednesday.

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Yesterday: The three of us showed up, you didn't, no game happened. I had a pretty busy week so I never got around to posting a confirmation of the session here. I was sort of hoping someone would fail to show so I'd have an excuse to cancel.

I suggested that we play during the afternoon this weekend, and Quantum said he'd get back to me on that. Your thoughts?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Any afternoon for me has to start after 5 Central time, as I get out of class at 6 here.

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Saturday anytime works for me.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Oh nevermind, this weekend is totally okay. Anytime this weekend is good.

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Okay, I vote Saturday Afternoon then. Let's say 1PM central?
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Sure. I can probably make that.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

kk
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

kk

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

The Epic Assualt Plan of Supreme Doom Incoming on Those Marduk Bastards Who Totally Deserve to Be Murdered So Hard.

Or EAPSDITMBWTDBMSH.

1) First I go to base location and set about preparations. Then, once I have finished them, I call the next day to the number provided to me, which the MC knows about, and no one else. Basically, it's Eric Jenson's number, and I presented myself to someone as being a newish supernatural. I set up an appointment, or whatever, set a time to come in, as early as I can get, I hope that's that day, preferably as soon as possible (I'm calling early in the day and trying to stress my newness and confusion if necessary).

2) Then once I know about when things are going down, I send a message to our Danziban guy, saying "Need Clean Up, Salvage, and Cover Up crews, in that order at [address] [10 minutes after time]. Marduk hideout, should be no living supers by the time you arrive, lots of gun toting mortals and zombies. It will be the place on fire."

3) Then, I arrange the following things, using my Eidetic Memory/Time Sense to set it up.

I will have a Shambler set to drive my Truck down the Street, at very fast speeds, when a timer I have set to an alarm goes off (basicallly, timed to arrive there just about 15 seconds after I walk in the door of the Jenson office, and I can moderate my gait to make sure it works out), and then, when it gets there, it will have another timer set to go off, or go off on collision, unlocking and opening all the cages (this is the tons of Soulless truck), and the fold down side door (the long side) and make a loud blaring noise. Then, another timer, 5 minutes after that, causing the Truck to explode from lots of C4 (I have like 17 dice on Sabotage tests. I am pretty much just going to buy 4 hits to do this right).

Meanwhile, my personal preparations are the following:

1) Will show up on time to follow this out, leaving most of my stuff at home, what I will have with me:

a) Will be wearing a wide brim hat, big sunglasses, and a trenchcoat. Try to stay out of the sun on my approach.

b) The Trenchcoat has a layer of rubber sewn in on the inside, and then behind that, against my skin, a towel like thing, something absorbent. Also, I will be wearing a Kevlar shirt under that.

c) I will not have all my usual supernatural equipment, instead bringing only a large bag of salt, which, before approaching, I will ingest all of, like a several times lethal dose of salt, but I'm immune to poison, and a supernatural, and while I assume this will break down relatively quickly, I'm hoping it will protect me from some astral sorceries, or astral based universals from an astral sourced supernatural, at least to a degree and for a little while.

d) I'll keep the bag on me, and also, I will have a large pistol, with normal bullets, it is totally uncustomized, and is the biggest and Russianist pistol I could have. I will also have a cell phone, which is also a bigger than usual one of Russian manufacture, and has in it, been added a lot of C4 and wiring so that I can explode it with a transmitter in my mouth, that transmits when I bite down on it.

And that is how I will walk up to the place, pretending to be a newish supernatural, with a built in distraction to win me init, so that I can kill him before he can kill me.

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

I sure hope he isn't fire-immune. And I don't think the salt thing will work: you need clean salt to work a dispelling. However, sewing your coat full of salt bags might give you some resistance.

And you might do better just blowing up the whole building with your massive demolition skill. Although Qin might just Dreamstep out.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

At issue with plan big explode, is the fact that you guys are alive inside, probably.

Speaking of which step 0: Use Summon Spirit on my two friends, if I see their spirit, it means they are dead, if I don't, it means they are alive (since it's impossible for me to fail buying hits, and I'm just doing this to find out their state of living before I go about my plan, since I am only doing... everything, if they are alive.)

I didn't mention it at first, because the DM doesn't actually know since some people haven't decided on edge use/no edge use yet.

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

After I correctly calculated damage, no one was in danger of death via lightning bolt. Now, Zach might be in danger of being eaten...

Speaking of errors, I was so excited about double lightning bolting that I forgot the second lightning bolt goes off in the second initiative pass. This means that one of you would have lived at least long enough to take one action, which could have been attacking, defending yourself with salt, doing some information/communication thing, or escaping out a window.

I'll leave it up to you guys how you want to handle this, whether it's assuming you would have fought and lost anyway, giving you guys the benefit of one action worth of info, or letting one of you escape out the window, or even replaying the fight to see what happens. My apologies.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

It would have been useful to know if he is fire-immune. Heinrich may not be quite as specialized as Alexsey, but he can still do some damage with a firebolt.

That said, I'd rather not retcon the story (same as with the dream sequence). What's done is done, so as long as you don't completely fuck us over with the aftermath I'm happy :). I was actually thinking that becoming a ghost would be neat until I realized that it would change Heinrich's power source.

After things had wound down, QB and I discussed possible outcomes. I think we agreed that something like the following Hollywood caliber implausible sequence of events would work well:

The lightning bolts created massive amounts of discharge in the enclosed space, effectively creating a small explosion. This, combined with the muscular spasms from the shock, propelled Zachary and Heinrich out the window, as well as popping open Heinrich's umbrella (which was looped around his wrist). As the two intrepid [anti]heroes plunged down 20 or so stories, Zach's swarm grabbed on tight and beat their little wings, while Heinrich fell like some kind of unconscious unholy Marry Poppins. Just at that moment, Alexsey was driving by in his truck and the two miraculously landed on the roof.

That said, if you have some cool ideas for one or both of the characters being captured, I wouldn't be adverse.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

If you want to have tested his fire resistance, you would have found that he does not have Fire Walking.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

We have game tomorrow night, right? 7PM central?