WTB After Sundown MC

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

DrPraetor wrote:I've been to Chicago, I can run the first session realistically.

We spend five hours stuck in traffic, then we all get Hot Dogs - and anyone who attempts to get ketchup on theirs is unceremoniously killed.
You missed the part where we finally gave up and parked half a mile from our destination at a meter that only went to half an hour and only took quarters, and as a result had to run out of the encounter just after it got interesting to feed the meter -- and still got a parking ticket.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Sorry guys. Among other things that happened last weekend, having internet access was not among them. I need to have a stern talk with my ISP. Actual first post going up in an hour or two.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Okay, so it sounds like we have some players with real jobs. That leaves options for IRC time as weekday evenings or weekends. Right now I'd prefer to keep my weekends free when possible. How do Wednesdays evenings sound for people?

Also: I haven't forgotten about the GMT. I'm thinking.

Also: Quantum, if you want access to prophecy goodness from the Oracles, you have to buy it as a resource. I had worked out this whole thing where I was gonna give you clues in the form of snarky fortune cookies, but now I can't use it (as often). Sadface.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

I could still potentially buy some prophecies at the cost of an Obligation. Taking care of an orphaned younger cousin whose parents transformed into mutants from an unknown affliction triggering their leviathan taint as a Duty 3? :D

Edit: Oh, and Wednesday evenings work for me.
Last edited by Quantumboost on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Wednesday evenings work for me as well.

Is this an accurate roster?
[*]DrPraetor: Taysir Bukhari, striogi doctor/taxi driver for the Ash Walkers and Cauchemar.
[*]JigokuBosatsu: St. Knobdy, frankenstein subterranean do-gooder for the Wreckers.
[*]Kaelik: Kaibit-Alexsey Mitriov nuclear medicine guy for Danziban and Makhzen.
[*]Quantumboost: Zachary Summers, migo engineer for the Oracles and Cauchemar.
[*]And finally me, playing Heinrich Baade, astronomer for Danziban and Makhzen.

Apologies to Kaelik for reposting material available elsewhere. :roll:
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Jigoku officially quit. I assumed Dr. Praetor had quit, since I haven't seen him in either thread for a long time. If that's not true, my sincere apologies to Praetor, and I'll work on getting you into the action ASAP.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Orion wrote:Jigoku officially quit. I assumed Dr. Praetor had quit, since I haven't seen him in either thread for a long time. If that's not true, my sincere apologies to Praetor, and I'll work on getting you into the action ASAP.
Good to know.

Quantumboost wrote:(Catharz, I'll leave it up to you whether Zachary and Heinrich have traded True Names. Since Dr. Mitriov doesn't appear to have Names of the Blasphemies the only question is if he's in range.)
If it's not to presumptuous, I figure that you knew Henry pretty well, back when you were building sky-tracking systems for telescopes (robotics and engineering, hey!). That would have been before Henry went over to the Dark side.

With that in mind, Henry probably gave you his true name before he knew enough not to give that sort of information out. It's "الدبران", 'Aldabaran' ('the follower'; according to Wiktionary from 'to turn one’s back' -- and yes, the star).

I'll leave it up to you whether you told him your true name as well. You know that Baali are untrustworthy by nature, but he's probably used Learn the Heart's Pain on Zachary anyway. Which reminds me, you probably would have done the same and learned it regardless.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

CatharzGodfoot wrote:If it's not to presumptuous, I figure that you knew Henry pretty well, back when you were building sky-tracking systems for telescopes (robotics and engineering, hey!). That would have been before Henry went over to the Dark side.
That's totally okay, I think I suggested something similar way back in the thread.
I'll leave it up to you whether you told him your true name as well.
Rule of reciprocation will be followed in this case. ;)
You know that Baali are untrustworthy by nature, but he's probably used Learn the Heart's Pain on Zachary anyway. Which reminds me, you probably would have done the same and learned it regardless.
I totally didn't notice that LtHP had "name" explicitly as 3-hit knowledge. With that, I think we can presume everybody in the Band within a kilometer got the message.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

So have we started?
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Okay, let's make this a regular Wednesday night thing. Unfortunately I can't do tomorrow cause of a friend's graduation, but a week from tomorrow we'll have our first live session.

Praetor--

I'm sorry, your original character post got lost in the shuffle and then when I didn't hear from you I wasn't sure if you were still interested. Yes, we've sort of "started" over in the other thread (sundown in chicago), but I hadn't hooked your character into the action yet. Give me a little bit to think, and it would really help if you and the others have some ideas about how your character has interacted with them in the past.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Well, I'm one of the Ash Walkers, so the other characters have, in the past, hired me as a courier. That pays well; this is especially true if you need someone to drive you (or something else) back and forth which might be a vow of silence breech. Also, I like to talk shop with University types while I'm driving them around, since I'm not allowed to practice Medicine in this country.

Also, I wrote a novel, which I am selling out of my cab. I have an expression of 0 (so it's absolutely dreadful), but I have a persuasion of 6! So can we assume that each of the other players has a copy?
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

So is it still going down Wednesday, and what time. PS the thread.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Yo, I can probably take Jigoku's place if you need an extra player.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

My apologies all, but something has come up Wednesday night, and by "something" I mean "tickets to see Tim Minchin."

If possible, I would like to reschedule for Thursday or Friday night. If that doesn't work out, I will be extremely active in the play-by-post to compensate.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Thursday doesn't work for me, Friday does.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Friday works for me as well.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Are you planning on posting a log of this? It looks really interesting to read.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Orion wrote:My apologies all, but something has come up Wednesday night, and by "something" I mean "tickets to see Tim Minchin."

If possible, I would like to reschedule for Thursday or Friday night. If that doesn't work out, I will be extremely active in the play-by-post to compensate.
I think I can do Friday, definitely not Thurs.

--Sam
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

RobbyPants wrote:Are you planning on posting a log of this? It looks really interesting to read.
Even if nobody else is, I'll be setting my client to log everything and can post it.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

So Friday at time.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Friday it is. My preference is to start as early as everyone is available. Which is?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Orion wrote:Friday it is. My preference is to start as early as everyone is available. Which is?
Theoretically all day from whenever I wake up, which can be whenever.

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

I can reasonably expect to be available at 7:00 PDT (9:00 in Chicago), though I can arrange for sooner if necessary.

Edit: by sooner I mean maybe an hour before that tops
Last edited by Quantumboost on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Quantumboost wrote:I can reasonably expect to be available at 7:00 PDT (9:00 in Chicago), though I can arrange for sooner if necessary.

Edit: by sooner I mean maybe an hour before that tops
Like PM?

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Orion wrote:Friday it is. My preference is to start as early as everyone is available. Which is?
Anything's fine for me, although I'll probably be making/eating dinner around 5 to 6:30 ET (which is 4 to 5:30 in Chi town).
Last edited by CatharzGodfoot on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack