The Unpublishable

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

OK, i keep missing these <.<
no errors found in blackglass, a nice little story but if it has a point, it is lost on me right now due to sleep deprivation i am afraid x.x

i like your spirit shorts, but i found one error in this one:
vast thing wings < = i guess you meant thin.
and vast . . well, as vast as a 10cm phoenix can manage i guess ^^

i don't get the last line of the punchline, but it's probably what our society is graudally steering towards i guess . .

printing/type setting can lead to errors such as this one:"1427 when the Triple Alliance was formed, over forty villages were engaged in papermaking as part of the Aztec Empire by 1427"
Another error:" if not with the conquest of Tenochtitlan than with the spread of disease among the Aztec trade routes and path of Spanish conquest and conversion" then, not than please
the story itself is good and interesting too.
Wonder if somebody will cite this in a thesis or something too ^^

an unexploded copy of the book of the mad arab without a surname?
this smells very much like hellboy. i like it o.O

yay for more no nonsense iven task!
first error found:"hough most mornings the one-armed near-human would lay awake of mornings," no no no
"and the mossy sprigs felt back" < = fell, not felt
"Their came a sound like an electrical discharge" also quite no!
i still love the task character, even if i do not like prequel stuff much.
and E.T a massmurderer? priceless! and oh so fitting too x.x

No such a wicked woman after all.
And not an error to be found with my eyes right now either.
Interesting Character-Piece?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Stahlseele wrote:OK, i keep missing these <.<
no errors found in blackglass, a nice little story but if it has a point, it is lost on me right now due to sleep deprivation i am afraid x.x
I'm not happy with it either.
i like your spirit shorts, but i found one error in this one:
vast thing wings < = i guess you meant thin.
and vast . . well, as vast as a 10cm phoenix can manage i guess ^^
I can fix that.
i don't get the last line of the punchline, but it's probably what our society is graudally steering towards i guess . .
Another disappointment. It's the punchline to "the Aristocrats," a classic sort of joke for-comedians-by-comedians.
printing/type setting can lead to errors such as this one:"1427 when the Triple Alliance was formed, over forty villages were engaged in papermaking as part of the Aztec Empire by 1427"
Another error:" if not with the conquest of Tenochtitlan than with the spread of disease among the Aztec trade routes and path of Spanish conquest and conversion" then, not than please
the story itself is good and interesting too.
Wonder if somebody will cite this in a thesis or something too ^^
I can fix those. I actually wanted to go a bit further, but it felt long as it was.
an unexploded copy of the book of the mad arab without a surname?
this smells very much like hellboy. i like it o.O
Yeah, it was meant to be very Delta Green-y.
yay for more no nonsense iven task!
first error found:"hough most mornings the one-armed near-human would lay awake of mornings," no no no
"and the mossy sprigs felt back" < = fell, not felt
"Their came a sound like an electrical discharge" also quite no!
i still love the task character, even if i do not like prequel stuff much.
and E.T a massmurderer? priceless! and oh so fitting too x.x
Hey, Lucas put them in there, I'm just making use of it. And this isn't prequel stuff.
No such a wicked woman after all.
And not an error to be found with my eyes right now either.
Interesting Character-Piece?
Another disappointment. I need to start drafting these out further in advance.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

y u disappoint? ._.

also, isn't the trask things right now just after he had lost his arm as a young fool before he got his artificial one and became an old fool? so this is like a prequel to the character . . or flashbacks but these would be intermitted into stories in the time where he has his metal claw with the light sabre wolverine claw in it i guess . .

i actually did not manage to squeeze the last story into my workday i am afraid.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

No, these are the latest (current) adventures of Eiven Task. I need to start throwing some dates on these things...
erik
King

Post by erik »

You can tell it is not a prequel as he has his Sith tats when in the force prison.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

All the Eiven Task episodes occur in order of publication, there's just an extended flashback in one. So the order is:

1. Duel at the Prophet's Tomb
2. Duel at the Old Jedi Temple
3. Duel at the Dark Side Nexus
4. Tournament at Tatooine
5. Planet of the Lightsabers
6. Form Zero
7. Playing with Lightsabers
8. Promises and Lightsabers
9. Rain on Klatooine (flashback)
10. Force Shiv
11. The Green Sith
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

A Piece of Art this wasn't, but it will probably go nicely with your other cthhulhu stuff that people actually use for research it seems ^^
also:"A plastic blow-up doll hands on the wall" hangs, otherwise no errors to be found in this one.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Short, silly Unpublishable today - "Draconis Soccus." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... occus.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

An interesting take on Dragons O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Effort at trying a stream-of-consciousness style. I don't think it works well without amphetamines.

http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... untry.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Just a bit of fun on the Unpublishable tonight: "Introduction to The Hastur Mythos."
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... ythos.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Today on the Unpublishable: "Adam's Ruritania" http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... tania.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... saber.html

Another Eiven Task story. This one kind of got away from me, but it's build up for the /next/ story.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Effort at trying a stream-of-consciousness style. I don't think it works well without amphetamines.

http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... untry.html
it doesn't. at least not for me x.x
"The human's left arm and was long gone"
does not compute? O.o

"Eiven vision"
he, she, it, s must fit

"playing and replay the battle-to-come from every angle"
this looks gramatically wrong to me somehow.

"'walking ahead of each step, bring his blade up to catch of the blasts as he could"
no time jumps!

"a slim human woman with filed teeth held up both her hands as came in for the killing blow"
who or what?

you also forgot the n in dantooine . . and why is there a big fat large ocean there in the first place? isn't dantooine the desert planet where luke grew up?
Lazy Friday on the Unpublishable! http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... succo.html
"These quotes have been compared from several sources"
not compiled?

and what was supposed to be lazy about this?
Just a bit of fun on the Unpublishable tonight: "Introduction to The Hastur Mythos."
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... ythos.html
""Haiyore! Hasuta-san" by Ken Asamatsu looks at the development of Hastur in Japanese interpretations, focusing primarily on the bisexual love-triangle that develops in the light novel/OVA series Haiyore! Nyaruku-san between the characters of Nyaruko (Nyarlathotep), Mahiro, and Hasuta (Hastur). Illustrated with sample pages from the shota doujinshi starring those characters."
*snickers*
i actually watched that series ^^

no typo or grammatical weirdness to be found, but i guess i just don't know enough about the mythos to really judge this entry.
Today on the Unpublishable: "Adam's Ruritania" http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... tania.html
elbonia? really? o.O and dogbert was actually the leader? *snickers* ^^

"all others are have the same value as livestock"
can't tell if that was on purpose O.o

i don't get the title reference though
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... saber.html

Another Eiven Task story. This one kind of got away from me, but it's build up for the /next/ story.
*looks at story length* that one got away from you in one direction and came back from the other side eh?

is that still from the mass fight of the last story, or why is he suddenly again gripping the hilt of that force sabre?

"prosthetic organs to replace those damage or lost when he had been dissected"
the damage wants the d!

"Don't worry," the brown alien said, mopping Task's brow with a wet rag. "Reaper calling home."
i still think this is genius ^^

"but at her hilt was a curve-hilted grey-metal lightsaber"
i guess you meant to write hip there, not hilt

"Taskclenched and unclenched his stiff right hand."
the first word needs to be two words

"and he made the mistake of staring for too long before he realized she probably didn't blink"
*snickers*
"She called herself Droideyes"
really? bit unimaginative don't you think? O.o

"Datooine"
n missing again
and again

i still love this character.
it's basically wolverine in star wars!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele wrote: you also forgot the n in dantooine . . and why is there a big fat large ocean there in the first place? isn't dantooine the desert planet where luke grew up?
Tatooine
Dantooine
Klatooine
i don't get the title reference though
"Ruritania" was a generic placeholder in English literature for rustic, underdeveloped foreign countries - usually in Europe, and later in Eastern Europe. The creator of Dilbert is, of course, Scott Adams. So Elbonia is Adams' Ruritania
is that still from the mass fight of the last story, or why is he suddenly again gripping the hilt of that force sabre?
Mass fight.
"Don't worry," the brown alien said, mopping Task's brow with a wet rag. "Reaper calling home."
i still think this is genius ^^
It seemed appropriate.
"and he made the mistake of staring for too long before he realized she probably didn't blink"
*snickers*
"She called herself Droideyes"
really? bit unimaginative don't you think? O.o
If the shoe fits...and she probably doesn't want him to know her real name.
i still love this character.
it's basically wolverine in star wars!
They have some differences. Next story will be a more reasonable length, for some reason this one turned into a hideous exposition-fest.

I'll fix the rest at some point.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

dude, i read fanfiction that is several thousand to several ten thousand or more words long, don't keep these short for me please ^^
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

A bit of appalling geekery for the Unpublishable today - "Lovecraft: An Addendum to the Clayton Family Tree"
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... amily.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

A bit of appalling geekery for the Unpublishable today - "Lovecraft: An Addendum to the Clayton Family Tree"
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... amily.html
"Philip José Farmer traced the traced in part the true biography of John Clayton"
there's a double in the double and grammar works not there way

"Machen was involved part-time in scholarly research for certain gentlemen attached to occult societies"
a certain gentleman

i don't know enough about lovecraftian stuff to propperly appreciate this i guess . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

It's a...very elaborate and multi-layered joke. Back in the '70s the science-fiction author Philip José Farmer created a "biography" of Tarzan which at once presented a unified chronology of Edgar Rice Burrough's Tarzan stories, was a fictional biography of Tarzan as if he was a living (if extraordinary) person, and in the appendices expanded Tarzan's family tree to incorporate many of the other great detectives and pulp heroes of the era, such as Sherlock Holmes, the Shadow, Nero Wolfe, etc. in the "Wold Newton" family tree - you can look it up on the internet. So this small addendum ties Lovecraft into that family tree, referring to various pieces of real scholarship and fiction involving Lovecraft to fill it out, and then it ties Arthur Jermyn back into Tarzan.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Ah.
So something like the Summers Family Tree, gotcha! *snickers*
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

All this Warhammer stuff has made me dig out an old (and unfinished) piece of fanfiction: http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... ayers.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Another episode in the saga of Eiven Task with "Blademaster." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... aster.html
Last edited by Ancient History on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

saga of, not sage of.
i'll read the warhammer and this one tomorrow :P
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote: