The Unpublishable

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Heh. No worries, I forgot to post the link to the one three weeks back...though "Underage Shoggoths" isn't for everyone.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i had commented on that one though O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

So you did. I'm tire.d
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Following up from last week's Unpublishable: "Eztli and the Nagual"
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2013/1 ... agual.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

ok, i finally get around to reading more of your stuff . .
first, rain on klatooine
It was a rare system of fat, wet, hot clouds to roll down and deposit it's moisture on the arid plains and deserts.
i don't know, something seems off about this sentence o.O
One of the bigger students got to close
too close
If anyone was looking that dark night the swings might have looked wild and erratic
should there not be another comma in between night and the?

next, Eztli and the Tlahuelpuchi
way too complicated that mayan language <.<

No errors or something to be found in this one.
Strange story nonetheless and the blasted mayan words make it kinda hard to read x.x

finally Eztli and the Nagual
no errors or anything in this one either, at least none that i can find.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I can fix that. But what did you think of "Rain on Klatooine," all errors aside?
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i like the character, when he is being himself.
this kinda did not feel like the sith gone rogue magnificient bastard . . so, wolverine with jedi powers and a lightsaber claw.
but eh, i guess a nude compatible woman at his side will do that to a man, no matter how alien.

considering who he was with, saying the entire place smelled like wet dog was a bit sketchy ^^

the backstory bit of how he lost it . . the why should have been in there i feel and why, as a mere scholar, did the lightsaber blade stop for a bit before hitting through him? he did not know about that ability before right?
Last edited by Stahlseele on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Hmm, forgot to answer you /and/ post last week's link here. Oh well.

Re: the doggy smell - the inhabitants of Klatooine are a race of humanoid canines.

Re: lightsaber blade stopping - only really makes sense in context of the earlier stories, he was attempting to stop the blade using the Force but hadn't perfected the technique yet.

This week on the Unpublishable is something a little different. "Machen, Remixed." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... mixed.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

An experiment in seeing if I could do a chapter after the style of a Dan Brown novel. I don't think I quite have it right, but it's a bold experiment. Sortof. "Rites of Melchizedek" on the Unpublishable. http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... zedek.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

OK, i am at work, time for something usefull.
So, Broken Trumpet first:
That was a very well written story. Reminds me of something . .
And no errors in either punctuation, spelling or grammar to be found either.

Next Rites of Melchizedek:
sandels < = sandals? O.o

He could hardly imagine what his friends and business associates could say if they saw him < = would is probably a better fit here than the second could.

otherwise, it is a well written story, but i guess i am missing something here.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Sandals, right.

It's not a complete story. It's an experiment in a single chapter in the style of a Dan Brown novel. I don't think it quite works.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

probably does not help that i never read any of them either . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Yet more Star Wars fanfiction on the Unpublishable, as Eiven Task goes to prison. Read about his first day in "Force Shiv." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... -shiv.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

ok, i love eiven task, so i am getting straight to this:

in-processing ritual? is that correct?
The brown alien, Greenie, stuck out one long finger, which began to glow as from within. Eiven said nothing as the finger touched the cut, and the flesh seemed to burn—but in a few moments the blood stopped, and the pain receded to a dull ache. Task fingered the fresh scar on his brow.

so that's where the little pedo went . . figures . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

In-processing is common for prisons, and has a sort of ritualistic air to it.

Heh. That gets worse when you consider that I've strongly hinted that "Greenie" is one of the "Children of the Green Planet."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grebleips%27_species
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i got the ET reference . . i actually did not know that the ET were in Star Wars at all x.x

and in-processing simply does not sound/read right to me . . might be because i am not a native engrish speaker. second language started learning in school and then the rest is mostly self tought from reading much english stuff.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Terrible fragment, too tired to do better: http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... glass.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... shots.html

I quick take-off of "Conjure Rum" called "Summoner Shots."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

NSFW: http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/02/punchline.html

I'm not proud of this one, but there's a joke and a joke in there.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I keep forgetting to update this thread: http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... world.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Not quite Lovecraftian spy-thriller-ness on the Unpublishable today with "Unexploded Ordnance." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... nance.html
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Today, Unpublishable, more Eiven Task/Star Wars nonsense:
http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2014/0 ... -sith.html