Friday evening game -- 2nd edition AD&D on OpenRPG

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

TaliesinNYC
NPC

Friday evening game -- 2nd edition AD&D on OpenRPG

Post by TaliesinNYC »

I ran this game on OpenRPG for a little over four months in 2010, then went on an extended break due to real life getting in the way. We're starting up again at the end of April. In the meantime, I thought I'd post a recruit ad on this board to see if anyone might be interested.

This game goes from 9:30 pm to 1 am EST on Friday nights. It takes place in a home-brew campaign setting. We use 2nd edition AD&D rules. Right now, I have a roster of three definites and three possible players. In an ideal situation, all of the possibles can commit but I know that's not going to happen. Therefore, I'm recruiting anywhere from one to three players. If it turns out that the possibles can commit, I will still accept the additional spots if there's interest. Our first session won't be until April 29, 2011. The game will be run on OpenRPG. You can get it by downloading the platform here: http://www.openrpg.com

The module is the Temple of Elemental Evil but adapted to my home-brew campaign setting. A few things have been changed, in the event that there are people who become players who may have played the original module back in the day. :biggrin:

Currently the roster consists of the following: 2nd level human wilder, 2nd level dwarven fighter/cleric, 2nd level human cleric, 2nd level halfling wizard*, 2nd level human paladin and two NPCs.

The players playing the halfling wizard and the human paladin aren't sure if they can re-commit to this game, so I have to be ready for the possibility that they can't. Although we use 2nd edition AD&D rules, it's not a strict by-the-book game as wizards aren't a 2nd edition legal class for halflings. I've allowed it, per DM's discretion. Wilders are a variant of the wizard class (i.e., Wise Ones, Aes Sedai, asha'man), using a hybrid mix of rules from 2nd edition AD&D and the d20 Wheel of Time book.

The group is really heavy on wizards and priests. One of the NPCs is a wizard while the 2nd is a thief. We're looking for players who might like to play fighters, paladins, barbarians, rangers and/or thieves.

Sheets can be in .doc, .rtf or .html format but I prefer the .xml node that's common on OpenRPG. That way I have easy access to your character and I can just upload it to my game tree.

If you're interested, e-mail me at SobaAddict70 at gmail dot com. Please put "2nd edition AD&D Friday game" in the subject line so I don't treat it as spam. Alternately, post a reply here in case you have questions (as I expect some of you will).

Thanks,

Taliesin