How Many?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Hicks
Duke

How Many?

Post by Hicks »

So how many of us are there that actually hang out around the Den? I honestly do not think we have 1,200+ people posting monthly, so can/will anybody give me an educated estimate as to the realistic number of active posters in the Den?
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Vebyast
Knight-Baron

Post by Vebyast »

Well, "Most users ever online was 189 on 2011 03 03 03:47:53", less than a month ago. Quite a few of those (me, for example) are just lurkers or search hits, and I suspect that a few are hanging connections from the database problems, but I definitely can see there being 50 really active people.
DSMatticus wrote:There are two things you can learn from the Gaming Den:
1) Good design practices.
2) How to be a zookeeper for hyper-intelligent shit-flinging apes.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Looking at the user list in the Admin Console, there's 106 users whose last activity was today (March 26th). That doesn't count RobbyPants, whose last activity was at 11:59pm last night, or Maj who was last active at 11:58pm.

However, I'm guessing "activity" includes reading posts while logged in, because when I spot checked a couple of them, they had no posts yet this morning.

But even at that, that's over 100 users who logged in and did something on the site in the last 9 1/2 hours.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson