VaeVictis, a Dom3 MP

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

We need still an Sub for C'ties, don't we? Or AI?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Well, my gambit was pretty slap dash, but I'm glad I managed to take out the target: namely Rlyeh's Wishmaster. Astral 9 casters aren't cheap or plentiful even for Rlyeh. I'm gonna call that turn a win.

-Marignon
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I suggested AI. Auto-stale also works since C'Tis only exists to be conquered, but to make the conquest as bloody as possible.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

AI it shall be.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

There is something to be said for playing from the beginning as opposed to jumping in mid-game. Still, this should be educational.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Is everybody having a really complicated turn, or did llamaserver not send out Turn 68 to y'all? 'cause it's due tomorrow and it says I'm the only one who's submitted so far.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Ancient History wrote:Is everybody having a really complicated turn, or did llamaserver not send out Turn 68 to y'all? 'cause it's due tomorrow and it says I'm the only one who's submitted so far.
I'm fighting a multi-front war against powerful late-game factions and trying to maneuver enough squid heads into killzones that I can take a VP or two in a few turns. It's really very complicated.

-Username17
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Busy busy. Working on pangaea's turn now.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

The Queen of Poetry and Song dispatched her lieutenant: Limne the Queen of Rivers to personally break the army of the Rlyehan god under the waves. Even when the entire rest of the army broke and fled for dry land, Limne stood strong. Wreathed in fire and encased in ice she stood her ground while all the combined armies of Rlyeh strove to drive her from the field.

She proved herself invincible, and the Starspawn fled the field, unable to break one mighty warrior queen sworn to the Highest Queen. How it must ache to have left her standing upon the corpse of their so-called god.

-Marignon
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Anybody want to start a pool on how long it'll take Frank to get the last 4 VPs he needs?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Probably 10 turns or so.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

With that attitude, I would say pretty quickly. I know Pangaea won't lay down and let them win, but then Pangaea has no control over the action or inaction of other nations.

12 turns or Never. I have a cunning plan.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I say 13 turns, but only because I expect everyone to rally against Marignon after they get another 2 VP.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Certainly, Ctis flipping out and rage quitting made getting VPs a lot easier, because the computer can't defend itself from late game war and that's a lot of VPs up in the air. I could probably snaffle up 3 VPs from Ctis in short order if I felt like doing that - no more than 6 turns if I made a significant push for it.

But I actually intend to take some VPs from Rlyeh and Pangaea first. Because we're at war, and I think chumping out and stealing VPs from a prostrate computer player for the last VPs is only moderately superior to getting an ally to chop down the castles on VP provinces for a teleport stealth win.

-Username17
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You know it's the endgame when the world-fucking earthquakes start.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Wow, the AI actually captured a 3rd VP for C'Tis?
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Marignon launched an attack last turn. The AI went for the target with the lowest PD.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Yeah, I have a modest problem with beating up an AI position to get the winning VPs (I'll still do it, but I'd rather not). I have no problem whatsoever with channeling AI positions into attacking human enemies by blowing up their border defenses.

As for the extra VP that Ctis picked up - that is Ermor. Abysia never fought for it and a pile of lizards took the empty castle from its neutral occupants.

But yeah, we're just one more castle from driving Rlyeh off the land entirely and now we have Ctisian Tartarians running interference for our invasion of Pangaea. Life is good.

-Marignon
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

FrankTrollman wrote:As for the extra VP that Ctis picked up - that is Ermor. Abysia never fought for it and a pile of lizards took the empty castle from its neutral occupants.
Our force projection is a bit limited at the moment. :P
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I'm a sub. I have very little emotional investment in this game. If you want to use the AI to your advantage, I'm not going to cry foul. I'd prefer human opponents, but whatever, I can deal with it.

edit: My turn 72 is actually turn 71...requested a resend, but it is yet to arrive. It may just be an error on my end, but my copy of the .trn seems to have a problem.
Last edited by Winnah on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Llamaserver seems to be down at the moment; that must be why it's not resending your turn. I can't find any estimates of when it'll be back up though.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Quantumboost wrote:
FrankTrollman wrote:As for the extra VP that Ctis picked up - that is Ermor. Abysia never fought for it and a pile of lizards took the empty castle from its neutral occupants.
Our force projection is a bit limited at the moment. :P
Geez, and I thought you were finally going to take it when you dropped that handful of troops there.

Also, an FYI regarding the Tartarians - none of them are commanders unless the AI managed to cook up one. Not enough Nature gems to cast GoR on them, and there wasn't a point in doing so anyway because they were all feebleminded without any chance for healing (No Chalice, and no Nature gems to cast GoH either).

They are big piles of meat however.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Zinegata wrote:Geez, and I thought you were finally going to take it when you dropped that handful of troops there.
They would have - except that the newly AI-ified C'tis totally whomped them before they finished sieging.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?p=783099
llamabeast;783099 wrote:Oh dear.

At the risk of breaking rules of internet forwardness, I am currently at home with my mother since my stepfather passed away after a short illness on Friday. Apparently the server back at my house in Cambridge has turned itself off and won't turn on. I guess hopefully I will get a chance to look at it in the next few days.

An odd side effect of all this is that I am about to release CB1.9 - I have been polishing it over the last few days to take my mind off things. Not a lot else to do.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I don't know the llama, but he has my sympathies. If the issue with the server has not been resolved in a week, I am prepared to concede in favour of the dominant player.