Dom3 MP anyone?

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Ayup. Score Graphs are Good.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
tenuki
Master

Post by tenuki »

Oh, and I'd like to change my nation preferences. Nobody seems that hot for Pangaea and I'd love to try my hand at it. So, if the order of preference matters, please set mine to

1) Pangaea
2) Abysia
3) Caelum
the toys go winding down.
- Primus
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

I'll throw my choices in as:

1. Man
2. Vanheim
3. Atlantis
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

I'm surprised that absolutely no-one else has put C'tis on their list. Is there something ya'll know that I don't?
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
Brasidas
NPC

Post by Brasidas »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:Unconfirmed players have 12 hours from the time of this post to confirm and submit nation preferences.
Will you allow Den newbies into the game?

If so:

Ulm
Agartha
Vanheim

If not, I understand.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Brasidas wrote:Will you allow Den newbies into the game?
We were all new once, and I don't know of you having any objectionable history. Plus, you made deadline. Added!
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Gnosticism Is A Hoot wrote:I'm surprised that absolutely no-one else has put C'tis on their list. Is there something ya'll know that I don't?
Eh, malaria-spreading dominion just doesn't appeal to me, even though they're whitehats. But I'm almost certain they're a solid pick. Strong death and nature recruit-anywhere mages, a number of infantry flavors, clamming if you can find a use for it (mages only have 1 astral), and you can summon GIANT FROG.
K
King

Post by K »

Ashod
Bandar Log
C'tis
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Okay, assigning nations to players:

Frank: Marignon, Pythium, Caelum
Gnosticism is a Hoot: C'tis, Abysia, Vanheim
Calibron: Shinuyama
angelfromanotherpin: Abysia, Atlantis, Man
name_here: Ermor, Pythium, Caelum
Korwin: R'lyeh, Bandar Log
Shiritai: Jotunheim, Tien Ch'i, Arcoscephale
Akula: Abysia, Caelum, Mictlan
tenuki: Pangaea, Abysia, Caelum
Rabelais: Abysia, Ashdod, Pangaea
Ancient History: Man, Vanheim, Atlantis
Brasidas: Ulm, Agartha, Vanheim
K: Ashdod, Bandar Log, C'tis

Abysia was basically the only conflict, I bowed out and resolved the Akula/Rabelais tie with an online coin-flipper.

With the late (shame, shame) addition of K, we are now over size for the Blackwald map. We need consensus for another one.

No-one else spoke up in favor of the arena mod, so I'm not using it, or indeed any others.

Llamaserver seems to have very limited VP settings. Right now I have it set to 1 VP in capitals and 25 more scattered around, with 19 total needed to win. If anyone knows how to set that more specifically let me know.

As usual, mail your Pretenders to pretenders[ at ]llamaserver[ dot ]net. Be sure to include the game's name in the subject line, which is VaeVictis. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to either submit a Pretender or ask for more time.

Because the site told me to mention treaties, the position of the admin is that treaties are only as binding as the pleasure of the participants makes them. However, there has been friction in the past regarding magical aggression vs troop aggression; be specific in your agreements on that matter.

Once everyone's submitted and we have another map, I'll start a new thread for the game itself so I can edit the first post with admin stuff.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

We should really determine the new map before we mandate pretender submissions. I want to know if I need an SC or not.

I assume that the idea of higher site frequency than default was thrown out?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Akula wrote:I assume that the idea of higher site frequency than default was thrown out?
I forgot, honestly, but you mentioned higher than normal and so did Frank, and no-one spoke against, so I'll set it to 50.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Same Guy made another map
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/ind ... wtopic=323
Hope the DL still works
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Korwin wrote:Same Guy made another map
Hope the DL still works
There are two DL links on that page, and neither of them work.

-Username17
tenuki
Master

Post by tenuki »

Akula wrote:We should really determine the new map before we mandate pretender submissions. I want to know if I need an SC or not.
+1
- Primus
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Akula wrote:We should really determine the new map before we mandate pretender submissions. I want to know if I need an SC or not.
Huh, that's not a decision I've ever based on the map before. Okay, all clocks are stopped until we get a new map.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

FrankTrollman wrote:
Korwin wrote:Same Guy made another map
Hope the DL still works
There are two DL links on that page, and neither of them work.

-Username17
The map is on my harddisk, I'm not so shure if I should post it on the Shrappnel forum (not my work, and I think they have some paragraph about owning all posted things.)

Someone has an temp. downloadlocation? Otherwise I could send it per E-Mail.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Travel sucks.
I have a wiki you can post it on if you want; I won't claim anything. PM me if you want that to happen.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Regarding the new map: the inner sea isn't a valid starting location, right? I'm having serious troubles with ocean provinces that border too many land provinces and dominion in the first den game, and that looks to be even worse.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Is there any objection to just using Urraparrand? It's wraparound like our first choice, provides slightly more than 13 provinces per land player like our first choice would have at 10 land players, and provides 4 fewer sea provinces while still giving the sea players a generous number to play in. Also, no downloading required.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

name_here wrote:Regarding the new map: the inner sea isn't a valid starting location, right? I'm having serious troubles with ocean provinces that border too many land provinces and dominion in the first den game, and that looks to be even worse.
It is an possible starting location, but not all water provinces are connected to an land province. So domkill should be avoidable.
(in my test game I have nice white candles in the upper half of the inner sea...)
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

if you are going to use urraparrand use urraparand 2, also we may need to up money if we use it, lots of waste. want me to upload the newer version?
tenuki
Master

Post by tenuki »

Hmm. I don't think I would have picked Pangaea if I'd known we'd be playing on a map that's mostly waste.

Isn't there anything available with a better territory balance?
- Primus
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

tenuki wrote:Hmm. I don't think I would have picked Pangaea if I'd known we'd be playing on a map that's mostly waste.

Isn't there anything available with a better territory balance?
I'd be fine with a better terrain balance. But why are you upset with Pangaea? Pangaea loves Wastes. They get alot of their money from events which are unaffected, they specialize in producing supplies and are therefore super effective in wastelands compared to other nations with living troops, and they get Hidden in Sand online simultaneously with their Carrion Lords.

Yes, there are a few spells that are Pangaean specialties that require forests to work (Beckoning, Faerie Trod), but their life looks pretty good if everyone has to deal with a lot of wastes. Makes Turmoil/Luck look pretty sexy. It's not like you're competing with Ashen Fields.

-Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

So, that would be objections to Urraparrand. In the meantime, Korwin's proposed map remains unavailable for reasons. Any others recommended? I'm becoming tempted to create a custom one.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

The map creator should upload the map (well his maps) soon on llamaserver.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/ind ... wtopic=371
Meanwhile I could send it per E-Mail if someone wants to look at it.
(4,7 MB)
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.