Reason for banning Roy?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Dominicius
Knight

Reason for banning Roy?

Post by Dominicius »

Pretty much what it says in the thread title.

Roy contacted me over the another site and said that he was banned here and did not receive any PM about it either. Can you confirm/deny this?
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

When did this happen?
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I don't recall fbmf ever responding favorably to requests such as these. If Roy wants to know he can email fbmf himself and not send his minions to do it for him.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

So you must not remenber me?

But yeah, some people don`t have fmbfs email.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Not really, I don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about you.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

If I had to posit a guess, it would have to do with fbmf telling him specifically not to do the "Hi Welcome" thing and then him spamming it like twenty times over several threads.

-Username17
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Yeah, I don't know why he did that, it was neither clever nor funny and it didn't even make sense as a non-sequitor. Like if I typed "Elbow" before every post I made.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Yeah, I don't know why he did that, it was neither clever nor funny and it didn't even make sense as a non-sequitor. Like if I typed "Elbow" before every post I made.
I think it's something that started on the DDO boards, or something. He says it a lot at BG. It's supposed to be a condescending response, short for something like: "Hi new person, welcome to the boards".
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

FrankTrollman wrote:If I had to posit a guess, it would have to do with fbmf telling him specifically not to do the "Hi Welcome" thing and then him spamming it like twenty times over several threads.

-Username17
I just don't see this. This board has always been the kind where the contributions of a user mattered far more than his manner of posting. Because of this people around here can call each other retards and still have reasonable discussions. And Roy did contribute to the board.

For instance, I find it annoying that Frank insists on signing every one of his posts but I would never ban him over it. Up until now only users had nothing to contribute were banned and I think that this is how things should remain.
Last edited by Dominicius on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Kaelik wrote:But yeah, some people don`t have fmbfs email.
Fbmf's e-mail address is visible in his profile, so Dominicius can certainly grab it and give it to Roy.

I'm going to lock this, because I don't think fbmf is going to state the reason why publicly (and if he does want to, he can post through the lock) and otherwise the thread seems to be looking for trouble.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Sorry for the late response. Full time job, ten day old daughter, lack of sleep and all that...

If Roy wants to talk about it, he can email me and we'll chat. I will not discuss the matter with his sinister agents.

Game On,
fbmf
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Me wrote:Fbmf's e-mail address is visible in his profile...
Thanks to Arioch for pointing out that it's not. I forgot that as an admin/mod, I see everybody's e-mail address. Roy can e-mail me -- my address is visible -- and I'll forward it to fbmf.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I was about to say, "Bullshit!" I just clicked on my profile and saw it. Then I realized why...

Ignore my PM, Arioch. Sorry.

Game On,
fbmf