Tome game, Again, exactly like every other time.

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Kaelik wrote:I reject having to state that I am still involved since I post on this forum every day, and specifically bumbed this thread when no one was posting.
Very well. Your PC is something like a wizard, wears grey armor, and is kinda old. Avatar: Image

---------------------------------------
JigokuBosatsu wrote:White eyes... he could totally use a hat. But I love the pink/maroon bathrobe.
Grabbed a more actiony pose, tweaked eyes to be both white and glowier, added a semi-Frankensteined hat, and used a dodge tool to make the bling stand out more:

Would you like the hat more or less silly-looking? Want me to do something about the foot-tentacles?

EDIT: in case anyone is curious, this is where I ripped the original hat from:
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Fine by me. Either that, or a ginger bread man.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

That's awesome. It's perfectly ridiculous.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Image
Oh, definitely going with that.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Looks like we have 3 players, with the possibility of more trickling in once the game has started. I'm a little occupied at the moment, but will probably be able to start the game this weekend at the latest.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

All right, I'm out. I've fucked up my back something fierce and I can't really sit at a computer. So, sorry guys.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Cynic wrote:All right, I'm out. I've fucked up my back something fierce and I can't really sit at a computer. So, sorry guys.
My sympathies. Hope you feel better in the future.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Looks like we have 3 players, with the possibility of more trickling in once the game has started. I'm a little occupied at the moment, but will probably be able to start the game this weekend at the latest.
In about sixteen hours I'll be heading out of town for the weekend. I'll be back some time sunday.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Very well. Game starts Sunday.

In the meantime, question:
Do we want to start the game at the entrance to the dungeon or the point in the voyage there when obstacles start to appear and I bust out the sketchy sidescrolling GIMP battlemaps?
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

I'm not particular. Do we need to rationalize at all our reason for being together, or do we not care?
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

You are adventurers. You are presumably here to stab things in the face and take their stuff. You have also presumably found that you work well together doing this, and are grouped together to improve your chances at successful dungeon-looting. You are welcome to come up with a more complex goalset / background if that is your desire.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

As a dom3 player who hasn't played d+d since he was 11 (and that was 2nd edition) this is very cool, thanks for this. Don't have time to learn to play what is clearly a very different system, but it is fun to read.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

You are welcome. If there's something you'd like to see in the game, feel free to PM a request.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Kaelik wrote:How did something that was going to take half a minute to get here arrive in one round, and get a surprise attack?
It sped up. "The 2 small and fast-moving clouds shoot together"

Presumably, the small clouds were moving at a speed lower than their maximum prior to this.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:
Kaelik wrote:How did something that was going to take half a minute to get here arrive in one round, and get a surprise attack?
It sped up. "The 2 small and fast-moving clouds shoot together"

Presumably, the small clouds were moving at a speed lower than their maximum prior to this.
Can you stop using Time Frames that are actually lies, and just use distances then?

I mean, if you are going to measure all distances in ETA, the ETA should probably not be off by a factor of 5.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

That seems reasonable. If the PCs encounter a situation like this in the future, I will try to provide more, clearer information.

In addition, once this encounter has been resolved, I intend to make a post asking people for some details about the sorts of challenges they would like to encounter in the game, as well as those they would definitely not.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Time for player input:

If an ability is described as "similar to a spell, but X, X, and X.", and is explicitly a Supernatural ability, how should it interact with Dispel attempts?
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Time for player input:

If an ability is described as "similar to a spell, but X, X, and X.", and is explicitly a Supernatural ability, how should it interact with Dispel attempts?
Supernatural abilities cannot be counterspelled unless specified otherwise.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

I would assume you can only dispel SLAs...
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Thank you for your input.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I have not seen any posts in this game for around a month at least. I am declaring it dead. I take solace in the fact that the cabal of mages likely to serve as the main antagonist in the dungeon was kind of a dumb idea in hindsight, and now nobody has to see it.