SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE: 27-Apr

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Zherog
Knight-Baron

SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE: 27-Apr

Post by Zherog »

Pertinent Details:

Date: 27-Apr-2021
Start Time: 11:30pm EDT (GMT -4)
Scheduled Duration: 1 Hour
System Down? Yes

Slightly More Detail::

I just received word from our host that they have a schedule maintenance window on our server. They did not provide details of what was being updated / changed, other than to say, "Bluehost is dedicated to ensuring your account is secure and reliable, and your online success is our number-one priority."

The window begins at 11:30pm EDT on 27-Apr-2021, and will last no longer than 1 hour. During that 1 hour window, we can expect for our site to be done for no more than 30 minutes total. Given the length of the window and the announced length of downtime, my guess is that they're applying security patches - whether to the OS, database, something else or some combination, though, is anybody's guess (assuming my guess is even correct). Hopefully they don't disable anything again! :bored:

I'll unsticky this when i get up Wednesday morning. But as long as it's after 0430 GMT on 28-Apr, you can safely assume the maintenance window is over and we should be stable at that point.

--Z :z:
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Re: SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE: 27-Apr

Post by Zherog »

Looks like we survived the maintenance window...

--Z :z: