welp, we seem to have a spambot.

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

welp, we seem to have a spambot.

Post by Prak »

Actual discussion in In the Trenches should be well buried by morning at the rate "linyun" or whatever's going. I've reported two, but any more and it'd probably just be annoying.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Two more. I reported them.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

I'd actually prefer you report them all, Prak. Thank you both for reporting them. The bot has been banned and the threads removed.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

ok, I'll keep in mind. Don't know how things work on your end, so whatever's easiest for you, zherog.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

All the mods receive an e-mail for each reported post. (So yes, if 10 people all report 10 posts I'm going to end with 100 e-mails.) When I deal with a spambot, I do go and search for posts by the son of a bitch just to make sure, but I find it easier to work from the e-mails.

Thanks for catching them.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Also.... I'd like to ask folks not to reply to spambots, especially if the bot posts in an existing thread, since it makes more work.
You can't fix stupid.

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Holy spambots, Batman! Today there were at least 71 guests online when I checked in.
Last edited by Maj on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

New one.

also... Wolverhampton sounds totally made up (though is apparently a real place).

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I think we have another one, who posted once here.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

question
who the fuck advertises on TGD
we seriously have like a dozen regular posters
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

They don't care how many users we have. They care that we're a stable, long-standing site. That helps them get a higher rating in Google's index.
You can't fix stupid.

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

:maj:
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Chamomile
Prince

Spambot alert

Post by Chamomile »

lnj19800 left a response on the social system thread which is advertising for some DVD rip...Thing. Devious little spammer had me thinking that the thread was active again.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Got him/her/it.

Game On,
fbmf
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Generally speaking, I will get to this pieces of shit faster if you report the post, rather than posting here. (I can't speak for fbmf's preference, but I suspect it's the same.)

edit: also, I merged the two similar spambot threads together.
Last edited by Zherog on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid.

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Zherog wrote:Generally speaking, I will get to this pieces of shit faster if you report the post, rather than posting here. (I can't speak for fbmf's preference, but I suspect it's the same.)

I could be wrong, but I think I did both. I wasn't sure which was more helpful.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Zherog wrote:Generally speaking, I will get to this pieces of shit faster if you report the post, rather than posting here. (I can't speak for fbmf's preference, but I suspect it's the same.)

I concur with my colleague.
/TGFBS
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Duly noted.