fAteWod?

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

FrankTrollman wrote:If she just want to be Jafar, why not just be a Baali and carry a snake staff? If you want an animal form, you can just get one.

-Username17
Apparently you missed the statement that the infernal power source is too yucky.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

CatharzGodfoot wrote:
FrankTrollman wrote:If she just want to be Jafar, why not just be a Baali and carry a snake staff? If you want an animal form, you can just get one.

-Username17
Apparently you missed the statement that the infernal power source is too yucky.
That's the part that doesn't make any sense to me at all. Having an Infernal Power Source just means that turning your powers on clouds distilled water and your magic can be muted with a handful of sand. I don't see how that is "ickier" than Jafar. Jafar was a borderline child molester.

-Username17
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Everything about Jafar screams "infernal power". He lives in a *desert* and wears *red and black*.

Christ.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

like I said, Powers-wise, she wants to be Jafar, but no where near that personality.

I sent the player an email to hopefully clarify what she wants, once I've got that, maybe I can just give her TDR as a power source.
Last edited by Prak on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

I'd just refavour TRD and give it a new name. It goes from "demonic hell-world full of broken glass and ashes" to "magical dimension of rainbow-coloured sand and glass towers" No clue what the new name would be.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Grek wrote:I'd just refavour TRD and give it a new name. It goes from "demonic hell-world full of broken glass and ashes" to "magical dimension of rainbow-coloured sand and glass towers" No clue what the new name would be.
'The smoking mirror'?
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

I'd love to hear about your game, Prak. I live in PDX. It looks like I've been asked to DM something, out of the blue, and I was leaning towards AWoD. Besides, way way back in the day(1995? 96?) I got about 40,000 words into writing a WoD novel set in Portland, based on our 24-hour live action Sabbat chronicle. :P
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

well it's probably not starting till January, and it's not even WoD anymore...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

Well, I guess I'll let you know how my game goes. If it goes. My wife's douchebag ex is one of the players. I'm a pretty live and let live kind of guy, so "Rocks fall my wife's ex's character dies" is as far as I would go. But she's more of a punching faces type, so we'll see.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Um... if there are issues with the douchebag ex, why's he in the group?

JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

Prak_Anima wrote:Um... if there are issues with the douchebag ex, why's he in the group?
If I am a judge of human nature at all, I would say it has to do with a phenomenon called "weed-induced apathy".