The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
It's Personal...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 168, 169, 170  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hadanelith
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you are *that* apathetic about it, I'll gladly take it off your hands.
Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sorry if it is kinda hard for me to get excited about an almost 8 year old game . .
I looked up online prices and it isn't even worth selling it because i'd pay more in postage than the asking price could realistically be <.<
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is more of a complaint with no real solution but I just got Fallout 4 and my computer won't play it. I mean, it can play but the framerate is terrible, I can't hit anything unless it's stationary because everything can move quite a distance between frames (had to beat the deathclaw at the beginning to death with a police baton because I couldn't hit it with the minigun with it flickering all over the screen) and we can forget about the settlement minigame because whenever I'm choosing something I can't see shit (You know how normally it colors the area green or red depending on whether you can place the object you're holding? In my case it's a solid mass of color the completely obscures my vision)

My laptop is 5 years old and it's probably my fault for doing this to it though,.
Hadanelith
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, FO4 requires a good bit of beef in the video department to play at all. Whatever its other flaws (and there are MANY) the game is a significant graphical step up from Skyrim, with system requirements to match. Five year old laptop really isn't gonna cut it, sorry to say. May I recommend a step backwards to Fallout New Vegas? It's much easier on your box, and it's a much better written game, to boot.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Already have it.
Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have a comparatively beefy gaming computer . .
and that thing still struggles with FO4, especially with the 4K textures . .
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm overdue for a new computer anyway. Probably will set aside some money from my tax returns to get a decent gaming computer, for everything else my laptop will do.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My partner's laptop can run it a bit better. I may write a longer post in the video game section but is there a mod that gives you more details on what you're about to say? I tried to tell someone he was mistaken how baseball was played, and my character decided to start the sentence with "listen, DUMBASS....". I felt like I didn't have control over that situation and would like to make more informed choices about my dialogue.

Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You and everybody else.
Because that is the actual main complaint about the game.
Has been since they first had the main character talk with recorded spoken lines.
That is not to say it was much better in FO3 and FNV, but it was still better.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Getting sued for unpaid medical bills. Again. I'm assuming by someone else because I've been making the agreed upon payments on my last judgment. Not that any of you fuckers care but strongly considering suicide at this point, because that's the only thing that's going to stop this shit from happening again.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't want you to commit suicide. What's the over/under on bankruptcy?
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What exactly is happening, Count? Where are the medical bills coming from?

Game On,
fbmf
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there any chance the plaintiff is full of shit? Collection agencies often try to soak people for debts they have no particular right to or good paper trail for. Those can vanish if you show signs of putting up a fight. Depending on where you live, there may be all kinds of resources and recourse available to you.
deaddmwalking
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:
Not that any of you fuckers care but strongly considering suicide at this point, because that's the only thing that's going to stop this shit from happening again.

I care very much.

We all get shit on by life sometimes. Maybe laying out the full scale of the problem would be helpful.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Getting sued for unpaid medical bills. Again. I'm assuming by someone else because I've been making the agreed upon payments on my last judgment. Not that any of you fuckers care but strongly considering suicide at this point, because that's the only thing that's going to stop this shit from happening again.
Feel empathy for you. I know I hated having suicidal ideation for the time I had it.
Darth Rabbitt
King

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I care. While I'm sure we've had our disagreements here I don't want you to commit suicide.

That being said, I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said here. But I've had suicidal thoughts in the past, and honestly just hearing that people cared helped. I don't know if it's the same for you, but I figured that I might as well try.
Mask_De_H
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We care, Count.
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Schleiermacher
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, absolutely don't kill yourself. It's not going to make anything better for anyone.
Whipstitch
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

minnesota is fuckin lit right now
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got too much on my plate. So of course, I started another blog. Because now my sideprojects have sideprojects:

https://deepcuts.blog/2018/01/28/i-had-vacantly-crumpled-it-into-my-pocket-but-by-god-eliot-it-was-a-photograph-from-life-1964-by-joanna-russ/
Josh_Kablack
King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"On a techincal level, Russ is playing a stranger game than even _______" is an apt description of everything of hers I've read.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://deepcuts.blog/2018/02/03/shadow-over-innsmouth-1942-by-virginia-anderson-the-woods-of-averoigne-1934-by-grace-stillwell/

First women poets of the Cthulhu Mythos.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://deepcuts.blog/2018/02/10/in-his-daughters-darkling-womb-1997-by-tina-l-jens/
Josh_Kablack
King

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Small victory that is personally yuge: Yesterday I actually ran a mile -- it took almost 6 months since the hamstring injury to recover enough to do so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 168, 169, 170  Next
Page 169 of 170

Jump to: