It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

In the last nine days-
-I got backed into by an uninsured driver
-Geico denied my claim and canceled my coverage because it happened while I was driving Lyft
-Lyft denied my claim because my personal coverage didn't cover collision
-Geico will not cover me again unless I send them an email proving my Lyft account is cancelled
-New insurance is going to cost, at best, 2.5x my Geico, way more if I'm honest about using my car for business
-I got an apartment that will cost me $570/mo, but I have to cover all $1025 of next month's rent because my roommate covered the first month's rent
I literally cannot fucking do all this. I just.... fucking can't. Can the universe just fucking let up?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I wonder how my cousin, who lives on a boat near Key West and was unable to flee due to said boat being down for repairs is doing. It's not like we're close or are really friends but I do worry.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Prak wrote: -I got an apartment that will cost me $570/mo,
GODDAMN that is cheap
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

JonSetanta wrote:
GODDAMN that is cheap
That's just my share, it's a two bedroom for $1000/mo
Last edited by Prak on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Prak wrote:
JonSetanta wrote:
GODDAMN that is cheap
That's just my share, it's a two bedroom for $1000/mo
When is rent due?

Rather, can you define the problem specifically with amounts you expect to receive in income prior to rent being due versus other fixed costs assuming you cancel your Lyft driver status and continue with personal auto insurance. How short are you going to be? I assume your car can still be driven?
Last edited by deaddmwalking on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Rent is due Oct 1. It is $1025.

I get paid the 5th and 20th, I think I can expect about 60 hours on my next check, which will be about $630 gross. Probably about $540 net.

I am insured through the 26th. I need to find new insurance by then. It looks like it will cost at least $100/mo.

I need to make a car payment on the 26th, for $235.

I need to make two more credit card payments this month, for $30 each.

I make tips as a pizza driver, and on a good day, I make my hourly wage again. Lets low ball and say that I will make a total of $450 in tips by my next payday. Except some of those hours will not be driving shifts. So lets say $400, somewhat optimistically.

So my income before Rent is due is maybe about $990 net.
I need to spend at least $300 before rent is even due. This is not accounting for needing gas.

I have about $400 at the moment. So.... maybe this works out. Of course, this says nothing about fixing my door. My parents are going to pay for that, I guess, which, well, at least it will get fixed. Though it does mean I need to rent a car for a week. Which is another expense.

Eikre
Knight-Baron

Post by Eikre »

For how much did you settle with the uninsured driver? If the answer is "zero dollars," then it could use some work. They are liable for damages to your property. If they didn't have insurance then they almost certainly aren't going to be making you whole on this but you should be giving them your sob story and implying that it's only graciousness, and not a lack of capacity, that keeps you from filing a small claims suit. Get that hush money, or the name of their cousin who owes a favor and works at a body shop, or, like... a coerced sex act. Something.

And why were you filing a claim with your own insurance if you didn't have collision? That was never going to work.

Do you really need your door fixed? For ideas on securing a temporary car, I refer you again to the first inquiry.
This signature is here just so you don't otherwise mistake the last sentence of my post for one.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Maybe this could help? https://www.policygenius.com/blog/uber- ... e-options/
Eikre wrote:And why were you filing a claim with your own insurance if you didn't have collision? That was never going to work.
Because the line between comprehensive and collision coverage is frequently confusing? If you hit a deer, for example, it's covered under comprehensive. If you swerve to avoid the deer and end up hitting something else, it's collision. If you go out to your car and find that someone has left a huge dent in your vehicle, that's comprehensive. But if you were on the road driving at the time, it's collision.
Last edited by Maj on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
rasmuswagner
Knight-Baron

Post by rasmuswagner »

Prak wrote:In the last nine days-
-I got backed into by an uninsured driver
-Geico denied my claim and canceled my coverage because it happened while I was driving Lyft
-Lyft denied my claim because my personal coverage didn't cover collision
-Geico will not cover me again unless I send them an email proving my Lyft account is cancelled
-New insurance is going to cost, at best, 2.5x my Geico, way more if I'm honest about using my car for business
Uninsured driver? What the hell kind of backwards third world hellhole is this? Around here, the police is notified the day your mandatory insurance expires, and even if you do manage to cause an accident, a joint insurance fund covers the victim.

As for the whole Lyft/Geico fuckup, yeah... companies like Lyft are deeply parasitical. I don't blame you for being a driver, I'm just sitting on my comfy couch being all superior, but fuck those "sharing" companies.
Every time you play in a "low magic world" with D&D rules (or derivates), a unicorn steps on a kitten and an orphan drops his ice cream cone.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

rasmuswagner wrote:Uninsured driver? What the hell kind of backwards third world hellhole is this?
America.

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

You know what sucks? My man-boobs aren't going away as I lose weight, they are just deflating. So now I have big, floppy man boobs. Health-wise, I'm making the correct decision. That being said, I think I looked better fat.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

<Woman tells me her bra wire snapped, and she had to put a bandaid on under her boob>

Me: Hmm, underboob bandaid. I wonder if that's a fetish.

Them: You would.

Me: Kindof a low-rent BDSM subculture thing. Like "nipple tape accidents."

Them: "nipple tape accidents" is not a phrase that is pleasant to read.

Me: Welcome to my life.

Them: Ah, the choices we make.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

It's nice to know that whatever the hell you have going on extends to the corporeal realm and that we're not the only ones being subjected to things like musings about nipple tape accidents and Kafka-esque boob-to-Dolphin transformations.

No, I have not forgotten that. I may never forget that. When I shake myself loose from this mortal coil, the words I rattle out before I go will be "but why dolphins?" A post you made on the internet in 2016 will be my Rosebud.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Just for you, DSM.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

I wonder how much nipple tape it takes to keep a bra on a pair of dolphin heads.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Depends on whether or not it's tuna-flavored.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

This is not normal.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Shrapnel wrote:This is not normal.
Normality is overrated.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

Well, the latest revisions of my novel manuscript seem to be working. 100% of agents queried with that latest version have requested the full.

Yeah, all the one of them. :)

Still, feels great that a spur-of-the-moment urge to try one more query paid off. Fingers crossed.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

G'luck!
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

MisterDee wrote:Well, the latest revisions of my novel manuscript seem to be working. 100% of agents queried with that latest version have requested the full.

Still, feels great that a spur-of-the-moment urge to try one more query paid off. Fingers crossed.
:thumb: Good luck!
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

MisterDee wrote:Well, the latest revisions of my novel manuscript seem to be working. 100% of agents queried with that latest version have requested the full.

Cool. Good luck to you.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

They're probably worse once they've been sitting a while, but when fresh McDonald's new buttermilk chicken tenders are shockingly competent given the source.
bears fall, everyone dies
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Whipstitch wrote:They're probably worse once they've been sitting a while, but when fresh McDonald's new buttermilk chicken tenders are shockingly competent given the source.
Doubtful. Based on my experience with McDonald's, leaving it sitting somewhere for an extended period of time doesn't change it in the slightest. Also, just the sight of the "food" can frighten dogs.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i never am quite sure wether or not it's a good thing for food to taste exactly the same when warmed up compared to freshly cooked or not . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.