It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Some days I really, really hate doctors.

I especially hate it - more than just about anything else - when the stupid idiot shows up at an appointment I made weeks in advance on a topic that is a little unusual, and the only research he's done is whatever the internet is spitting out during my appointment.

Dear frickin' God! If you don't know what I'm talking about because you didn't read the Wikipedia page before I showed up, have the dignity to admit you're ignorant and send me to someone who isn't.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I just ate a $1 box of Reeses Pieces WOOOOOOOOOOO

Also..

Kaelik wrote:Not to alarm you too much, but yeah, it doesn't mean your kid is super dumb or anything, I was actually the same way.
Same. I'm below the national average in math comprehension (equations and formulae, I guess) but have an IQ in the 140s. Everyone has their own pace.
Last edited by JonSetanta on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

//
Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

ubernoob wrote:IQ means jack shit. I have an IQ in the 140s as well and am decidedly unsuccessful by most measures. About a semester behind on my degree, very little income to speak of, and the only life skill being knowing how to manipulate the shit out of everyone I meet.
Well met!
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Being able to manipulate people should make getting a well paid job that involve very little work easy.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Draco_Argentum wrote:Being able to manipulate people should make getting a well paid job that involve very little work easy.
It's called sales.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
Draco_Argentum wrote:Being able to manipulate people should make getting a well paid job that involve very little work easy.
It's called sales.
Also called "working a con".
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I logged into my AIM eMail account today and found an eMail from 2006 and one from 2008. I didn't even remember that I had the account.

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

So, daughter (who just turned two) just said the funniest thing ever. We were talking about being crazy, and I started asking her if various people were crazy. I'd ask her if I'm crazy, and she'd say "No. Daddy not crazy." I repeated this about her, the cats, and my wife. After she said "No. Mommy not crazy.", I responded with "Yeah. Mommy's pretty level-headed". That's when she dropped this gem:

"Mommy not level-headed. Mommy's a lady."

My wife and I about fell out of our chairs. My poor two-year-old is a chauvinist!
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

RobbyPants wrote:So, daughter (who just turned two) just said the funniest thing ever. We were talking about being crazy, and I started asking her if various people were crazy. I'd ask her if I'm crazy, and she'd say "No. Daddy not crazy." I repeated this about her, the cats, and my wife. After she said "No. Mommy not crazy.", I responded with "Yeah. Mommy's pretty level-headed". That's when she dropped this gem:

My wife and I about fell out of our chairs. My poor two-year-old is a chauvinist!
Kids tell it like it is.

And I have an email account (relegated to spam collection, lately) that's been with me for over 12 years..
mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

RobbyPants wrote:So, daughter (who just turned two) just said the funniest thing ever. We were talking about being crazy, and I started asking her if various people were crazy. I'd ask her if I'm crazy, and she'd say "No. Daddy not crazy." I repeated this about her, the cats, and my wife. After she said "No. Mommy not crazy.", I responded with "Yeah. Mommy's pretty level-headed". That's when she dropped this gem:

My mother has trained my three-year-old son with the following retort to, "You're crazy":

"I'm not crazy, I'm a genius!"
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Priceless! My daughter alternates between "I'm not crazy!" and "Jane crazy! HaHaHaHa!", depending on her mood.

I can't tell if she's trying to laugh maniacally or if that's just a coincidence.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Pssht. IQ is meant to measure how retarded you are, not how much smarter you are than anyone else.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Because of how it works, IQ scores get progressively less informative as you approch either end of the scale.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I managed to convince them to give me financial aid, and have negotiated employment. Too bad it went through after losing my apartment.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Well, at least there's some good news there. So, does this mean you're close to graduating?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Good luck, Count.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

I'm glad you got at least some good news, Count.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I should have my shiny new associate's degree by June. And I am considering working on certification to do insurance coding. I know several people that are in that field and they say it's both lucrative and is something where you aren't filthy and don't have your name on your shirt, so I'm down.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Medical Coding is enjoyable, but I hope the market for it is better in your area than mine, or that you have better luck than I do. Though my personal experience indicates otherwise, I am told by everybody related to the business that it's relatively easy to find a coding job.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I should have my shiny new associate's degree by June. And I am considering working on certification to do insurance coding. I know several people that are in that field and they say it's both lucrative and is something where you aren't filthy and don't have your name on your shirt, so I'm down.
Good to hear things are going better for you, Count.

Game On,
fbmf
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I got accepted to grad school.

Game On,
fbmf
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

fbmf wrote:I got accepted to grad school.

Game On,
fbmf
Congrats, fbmf! Are you going to one of the colleges in DFW or close by? What are you going to study?
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I'm glad to hear the good news from fbmf and Count.
Doom
Duke

Post by Doom »

Yeah, grats fbmf and Count...and what are you going to study?

My good news is fairly dubious. I've had a FUO (fever of unknown origin) for nigh three months now. Today's results of cancer tests confirm it's not cancer, but normal white blood cell count says it's probably not an infection.

At least it's not more cancer, but sure sick of being sick all the same.
Kaelik, to Tzor wrote: And you aren't shot in the face?
Frank Trollman wrote:A government is also immortal ...On the plus side, once the United Kingdom is no longer united, the United States of America will be the oldest country in the world. USA!