It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

virgil wrote:The poster, Cynic, is my brother-in-law. He died of covid-19 last week.
Sorry for your loss.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Thaluikhain wrote:This is more personal than coronavirus, so I'll put it here.

While working today, I had to explain to someone what covid was. Not a covid denier or anything, someone who apparently had not heard there was a pandemic going on and wondered why people had to wear masks on public transport in the Greater Sydney area.

You know how in movies the hero will ask really obvious questions so they can get exposition for the audience? I used to think I'd helpfully answer in that circumstance, but it turns out I'm more one of those "How do you not know this?" types.
I was in the "how the hell does someone not know!?" camp until you said Greater Sydney area.

Like, Sydney Australia, right? I mean, maybe he just lives in a shack with no news or internet and only goes into civilization once a year or something? That's a thing in Australia, right? Honestly it sounds kinda nice given the hell year of 2020 and the Aristocrats Joke of a year that 2021 is shaping up to be.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Condolences for your losses, a lot of my friends have lost family in the US due to COVID-19.
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

virgil wrote:The poster, Cynic, is my brother-in-law. He died of covid-19 last week.
Condolences for your loss.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

There's something deeply and profoundly sad about looking back at Cynic's posts and knowing that there will never be any new ones ever again. :sad:
I hope you and the rest of your family are doing okay.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

A dear and close friend (the dude who first GMed GURPS to our group back in the 90s and who loved to play hilariously optimized casters in our D&D games) just died from covid19. He had became a grandfather last year.

It sucks.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

nockermensch wrote:A dear and close friend (the dude who first GMed GURPS to our group back in the 90s and who loved to play hilariously optimized casters in our D&D games) just died from covid19. He had became a grandfather last year.

It sucks.
Sorry for your loss.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Condolences Virgil and nockermensch
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Re: It's Personal...

Post by deaddmwalking »

I've accepted a new position at my existing company. Officially it is a lateral, but because I'm underpaid relative to the work I do this is a good way to reset to what it should be. My base pay will increase by $15k (to $80k) and my compensation incentive package will increase by $12k (to $30k). I probably won't actually make $27k more than I would in my current position because I'm on track to earn 2x my current compensation, but more money is always a good thing, and I know the people I'll be working most closely with and they're a great group. The rest of the world may be living the worst possible timeline, but things have been going well for me personally and professionally.
-This space intentionally left blank
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

For years I've loved Jake and Amir, a comedy duo who originated on Collegehumor. They have a podcast (If I Were You) and yesterday's episode had a song me and my friend wrote open and close the show and they plugged our Insta handles and the episode was named after me, and they joked about my name and it was seriously cool.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Aharon
Master

Re:

Post by Aharon »

Aharon wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:44 am
Aharon wrote:
Aharon wrote:I'm pretty happy right now :biggrin: After my breakup four years ago, I didn't have any partners. Recently, two poly pairs have invited me (separately) in their dynamics as secondary, which is a lot of fun. Not the same as being in a monogamous relationship or the primary in a poly relationship, but still really, really good!
Soo... In one of those pairs, I got feelings not only for the girl, but also the guy (I didn't realize/know I was bisexual before). He isn't interested in pursuing anything sexual, but his roommate is. The roommate is cute, adorably good-natured and basically what I look for in partners. However, he would be my first male partner and I'm a bit afraid of going for it
By the way, an update: I recently married the cute, adorably good-natured roommate :biggrin:
And we're getting a divorce... such is life :(
PseudoStupidity
Master

Post by PseudoStupidity »

That's unfortunate, I hope it was an amicable split. I went through a divorce (or am still technically going through it) and it's a pain in the ass, but if you're both still friends it's a only a pain in the ass from a paperwork and living situation perspective.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Surely 2022 will be better than 2021! Right?
Happy new year, everybody.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

A happy barrel of cocks to you all!
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

A barrel full of 2,022 cocks!