Jesus Fucking Christ people. We're need to get our heads out

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

...And some people actually take the answer 'it isn't in the googles, look at the library' as an actual answer. I'm not going to do your damn research for you when I'm quoting things someone could look up in a 1999 World Book.

-Crissa
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

They don't in SD.net, because telling people to go to the library to look it up for themselves is what's called an unsubstantiated argument. And insisting this should be the way of things gets you laughed out of the forum in the form of a permanent ban.

You have shitty debating tactics and are just making excuses for it.

Now stop derailing the thread. There is a ban. It is in place until around September 1 (unless it is extended or shortened by the admins).

Either post somewhere else (like SD.net), post it in TGD and risk the admin's wrath, shut up, or whine in the proper thread instead of whining about it here.

Talking to Crissa is like talking to a fucking baby.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Crissa wrote:I'm not going to do your damn research for you when I'm quoting things someone could look up in a 1999 World Book.
I tried telling a professor that. It went over like a razorwire tampon.

I don't understand why it's so hard to say "It's on page XXX of the 1999 Worldbook" when pressed for a source. It takes about a thousand times more effort to think of a smarmy comeback than it does to do that.

There are countless millions of unsubstantiated claims being made on the internet every day. I don't have time to research them (literally, 24 hours is not nearly enough time to go through the library to search out the source of every unsubstantiated claim I read in a day). It is much easier to disregard people who don't back up what they are saying (and if someone just makes a general "luk at de librerry lol u n00b" I consider it insulting that you won't share the sources where you get your knowledge and consider you a jerk).

Seriously, sharing sources makes everyone a better person, and I have no idea why so many people won't do it.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Zinegata is still sore at being told how an Islamic democracy worked. If I could find the websites of the women's rights works pre-2001, I would have had better sources.

As it was, there just isn't anyone interested enough in putting up historical data on a small country ten years ago. It shouldn't be surprising that something esoteric won't be available outside of subscription.

And yet people call me a liar for it. If you're going to call someone a liar, make sure you can back that up.

-Crissa
Last edited by Crissa on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

thanks so much for providing an object lesson in what I'm talking about... :facepalm:
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

When someone explains why a source isn't online, why would you argue that means they're wrong?

-Crissa
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

because people are idiots, and can't be reasoned with without the presence of large men and weapons of at least 2x4 with a nail magnitude or better.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Nope, I'm still sore that Crissa is a fucking baby who can't see she's derailing the thread.

And she's an even bigger lying bitch because her line on Islamic democracies was "trust me, I read it somewhere" when that discussion was still fresh. Crissa's just doing a bait-and-switch and only now are you claiming you got it from some 1999 Fact book.

Citing your sources a couple of month AFTER the fact just makes you a moron, a bitch, and petty to the point that you're still fighting battles that are already several months rotten.

Talk to the hand bitch. Take your fucking baby talk elsewhere. Oh wait, you can't, because elsewhere you'd be laughed out of the forum.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Prak_Anima wrote:because people are idiots, and can't be reasoned with without the presence of large men and weapons of at least 2x4 with a nail magnitude or better.
Not in SD.net. I didn't even know that there were books on the Russian Black Fleet until somebody cited a "History of Russian and Soviet Sea Power" by Donald W. Mitchell.

I've asked the local book store if they could import a copy in fact because of it.

So, again, assuming people are idiots? That's just an excuse for bitchy behavior where you refuse to cite sources.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

But I didn't get it from a 1999 World Book. It's just a suggestion of where you could get it from. I didn't have to get it from a book - I was an adult during the Taliban regime and I regularly read the news and about countries of the world.

You're a fucking moron who doesn't realize that there are books out there on everything. And you apparently managed to get here without learning how to use a reference book.

Sorry the old technology is slowing you down not to know where you can look crap up about history. I mean, it's not like someone wrote it down and put it in a library somewhere...

-Crissa
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

CA wrote:Seriously, sharing sources makes everyone a better person, and I have no idea why so many people won't do it.
My mother-in-law thinks that if you have to actually go look something up it means that you're stupid (because you didn't know it in the first place). Of course, given her latest eMail from this morning, she also believes that the false assurances of our recovering economy are really a cover-up to bring Sharia law to the US and make us a third world country, thus redistributing our wealth and raising the standard of living in the rest of the world.
Last edited by Maj on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Crissa wrote:But I didn't get it from a 1999 World Book.
Hey, fucking bitch.

So why are you citing it? You're telling me to read a book that doesn't support what you actually fucking said?

You're a moron.
You're a fucking moron who doesn't realize that there are books out there on everything. And you apparently managed to get here without learning how to use a reference book.

Sorry the old technology is slowing you down not to know where you can look crap up about history. I mean, it's not like someone wrote it down and put it in a library somewhere...

-Crissa
Hey, fucking bitch

"History of Russian and Soviet Sea Power" is a book. Stop being as lying fucking bitch and implying that I only use Google oor the intwerwebs as a source. In fact, you were the one who claimed you read it from "some blog" in that particular topic that you're still sore about.

I have also cited numerous books (i.e. Face of Battle) before. And I know you know I cited them, because you said that you haven't read Face of Battle before but you might read it to verify my claims about French Men-At-Arms.

So stop the lies Crissa. Your entire tack that "Zinegata only accepts stuff from the interwebs" is bullshit. We all know who is the one who actually makes claims based on what she read off "some blog" that she can no longer link.

You're a moron with shitty debating tactics. The only reason why you keep hanging around the Den is because you can't hack it in any board with real discussion.

So stop derailing the thread, and talk to the fucking hand. Or better yet, go to SD.net, try to initiate a debate, and let's see how long before you get added to their Hall of Shame.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Could someone translate that for me? I don't speak troll.

-Crissa
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Maj wrote:
CA wrote:Seriously, sharing sources makes everyone a better person, and I have no idea why so many people won't do it.
My mother-in-law thinks that if you have to actually go look something up it means that you're stupid (because you didn't know it in the first place). Of course, given her latest eMail from this morning, she also believes that the false assurances of our recovering economy are really a cover-up to bring Sharia law to the US and make us a third world country, thus redistributing our wealth and raising the standard of living in the rest of the world.
Meh, there are always people in the world who think they know everything.

I'm not gonna touch the rest of the thing with a ten-foot pole, because it's political, and you really should just go ask SD.net for their previous threads debunking this.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Crissa wrote:Could someone translate that for me? I don't speak troll.

-Crissa
Hey, lying fucking bitch.

Just because you call your opponent a troll, doesn't make it so. Because you're a lying shit who makes baseless personal attacks on others, and tries to make them stick by repeating them constantly.

So again, you are a lying fucking bitch. Not only because repeating it helps drown out YOUR bullshit. But also because it's actually true.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

There's nothing political about someone being misinformed. Maj's mother isn't a politician, as far as I know.

-Crissa
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Crissa wrote:There's nothing political about someone being misinformed. Maj's mother isn't a politician, as far as I know.

-Crissa
Hey, lying fucking bitch, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to a responsible adult trying to help her mother-in-law by teaching her some actual facts of a political nature.

Butt out. Again, if you wanna complain about the ban, go to the proper thread.
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Zine wrote:Meh, there are always people in the world who think they know everything.

I'm not gonna touch the rest of the thing with a ten-foot pole, because it's political, and you really should just go ask SD.net for their previous threads debunking this.
I was trying to mock the idea that a person is stupid because they have to go look something up.

The rest isn't worth touching - not because it's political, but because it's pure insanity. It is literally so nuts that there are no words to adequately describe it.

For the record, my step-mom is the one with the questions (and I'm glad she asks them). This insanity was from my mother-in-law who seems pretty normal most of the time until one of these gems of her personal philosophies pop out and make me wonder if she's going senile.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Maj wrote:I was trying to mock the idea that a person is stupid because they have to go look something up.
I know. I was attempting to add to it by pointing out that idea is based around arrogance, as opposed to wisdom.
The rest isn't worth touching - not because it's political, but because it's pure insanity. It is literally so nuts that there are no words to adequately describe it.
Hence me not touching it with a ten foot pole :P
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Gotcha. I wasn't sure by your response if I had expressed myself clearly. Thanks for the clarification.

:maj:
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

ah, I was wrong. Now we've got an object lesson in one of the things wrong with this board.
:disgusted:

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

You already mentioned that, Prak.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

yes, and I was wrong before. This current one is a much better example

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

We try our best to outdo our former achievements here at the Den.

;)
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I do not take a claim seriously unless:

(A) a credible source is cited, or
(B) I have personal knowledge that it is true

Not taking the time to cite your sources seems lazy to me, but whatever. If impressing your point upon me is a goal of yours, then cite your source. If it is not, then you are talking to me for no reason and are possibly a troll.

Game on,
fbmf