Moments when a piece of entertainment completely rocked you.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

erik
King

Post by erik »

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comme ... orce_user/

I don't really buy it, but it's better than most alternatives.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Last night's Daily Show had guest Dan Price on. Many props.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Please, oh please tell me that's legit.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Clickhole is the Onion's parody of buzzfeed and upworthy, so no.
bears fall, everyone dies
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I wasn't that rocked, but I did want to mention that I watched Jessica Jones, and it was pretty good. Don't want to spoil anything at all, but acting/pacing/story were all for the most part not shit.

And only like, 2-3 times total would I say that people had to hold the idiot ball to move the plot forward. Lots of decent small twists that all felt totally earned by the show.

A very good grayish superhero show. You get the real sense of the characters as people, and see how their personal hangups are really at issue to them in their lives.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I wanted to see Kilgrave die horribly.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Spoilers for Jessica Jones through episode . . . let's just say 7.
I was surprised that I was sort of rooting for Kilgrave at one point, because I rarely root for psychopathic rapists, but I was sort of rooting for a happy ending at one point, you can probably guess if you've seen the show past what I am talking about.
Separate spoilers for the entire show:
Solutions to kilgrave that basically were never tried:
1) Loud noises.
2) Earbuds.
3) Find someone that doesn't speak english, explain to them that there is a mind controlling asshole they need to shoot in the face.
4) A Sniper Rifle.

There was at least some reason to not try 4 for a while, but even when it became an option, still nobody attempted it.
Last edited by Kaelik on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Half asleep upon my knee
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

I love the fact that it's possible to have sex with, and marry, Fenway Park.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

There is nothing not awesome about this.
Half asleep upon my knee
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I feel like this is a rejected script for a Saints Row DLC.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

Post by Hiram McDaniels »

Kaelik wrote:Spoilers for Jessica Jones through episode . . . let's just say 7.
I was surprised that I was sort of rooting for Kilgrave at one point, because I rarely root for psychopathic rapists, but I was sort of rooting for a happy ending at one point, you can probably guess if you've seen the show past what I am talking about.
Separate spoilers for the entire show:
1) Loud noises.
2) Earbuds.
3) Find someone that doesn't speak english, explain to them that there is a mind controlling asshole they need to shoot in the face.
4) A Sniper Rifle.

There was at least some reason to not try 4 for a while, but even when it became an option, still nobody attempted it.
The thing I really like about Jessica Jones is that, while other superhero properties can be mined for deeper themes than simply "good guy punches bad", JJ is explicitly about exploring abusive relationships.
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
Eikre
Knight-Baron

Post by Eikre »

Kaelik wrote:Separate spoilers for the entire show:
1) Loud noises.
2) Earbuds.
4) A Sniper Rifle.

My personal twist on number 3 would have been a whole reinterpretation bit, like the one where Jessie had her sister put the bullet in her mouth instead of trying to jam it through her skull. Carry cameras and use them, instead of firearms, to shoot people. Abuse the lack of disambiguity between the present and future imperatives in English by listening to his commands for only a single second. Buy a bunch of crickets at the local petco, name them after all their friends and every conceivable pronoun, and release them in a field. "Kill her!" Kilgrave yells, prompting Luke to turn around and start running for Central Park. "What? No! Come back here!" he directs, whereupon Luke hurries back, ejaculates on his face, and uses the moment of bafflement to punch out his larynx. Fuck yeah.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Eikre wrote:
Kaelik wrote:Separate spoilers for the entire show:
1) Loud noises.
2) Earbuds.
4) A Sniper Rifle.

My personal twist on number 3 would have been a whole reinterpretation bit, like the one where Jessie had her sister put the bullet in her mouth instead of trying to jam it through her skull. Carry cameras and use them, instead of firearms, to shoot people. Abuse the lack of disambiguity between the present and future imperatives in English by listening to his commands for only a single second. Buy a bunch of crickets at the local petco, name them after all their friends and every conceivable pronoun, and release them in a field. "Kill her!" Kilgrave yells, prompting Luke to turn around and start running for Central Park. "What? No! Come back here!" he directs, whereupon Luke hurries back, ejaculates on his face, and uses the moment of bafflement to punch out his larynx. Fuck yeah.
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't work like that. It isn't that you're compelled to obey against your will. It's that your will is altered so that you want to obey. For that to work, it would require more than just rules lawyering. It would require drastically and permanently altering your own thought processes to the point that the cure would almost certainly be worse than the disease.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Gotta say, I'd totally watch an action movie starring Psy.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Just watched that one too, it was also pretty awesome.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Maj wrote:I like Daddy better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4TEcSuRg
There are so many scenes in that with random cuts and dancing and obscured necks, that I honestly don't know how much I was looking at Psy's actual body dancing, could be like 30% or 85%.

Hiram McDaniels
Knight

Post by Hiram McDaniels »

A line from Chelsea Peretti in Brooklyn 99:

"I've been taking an abnormal psychology class lately. Everyone in there is obsessed with me".

Laughed so hard scotch came out of my nose.
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

erik
King

Post by erik »

Doggone, I was gonna get it for my son for school... But it's not actually a backpack. Just a figure.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Rather Kafkaesque of them.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

erik wrote:
Doggone, I was gonna get it for my son for school... But it's not actually a backpack. Just a figure.
"A figure? Sign me up! Oh, cool , it's... OH GOD"

Honestly, I don't know what I was expecting from Kafka-related merchandise.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half asleep upon my knee