The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209, 210  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

erik wrote:
Is there a survey to determine this, or you just went by descriptions?

I looked at the descriptions.

• Does all the work in group projects (Fighter)
  • Drinks IPAs (fighter)
  • Drinks too much coffee (monk)
  • Sits on counters (monk)

I'm sure I'd match single points on others, but those two jumped out.
violence in the media
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shau wrote:
Wizard/barbarian/ranger. Actually I am missing a lot of wizard, but I think the fact that I keep buying books I don't actually have time to read best describes who I am right now.

I am a Ranger/Barbarian/Wizard as well.
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. I just ignored about 1 pt each. 2 if I thought another descriptor was very on point.

I didn't know what a lush store or IPA was before this survey (but I do now), but I totes failed hard at uni despite being a national merit scholar with 1510 sat. Turns out skipping classes and never sleeping at night is a good way to fail (Well, not literally fail, but massively underperform). So, sorcerer/fighter.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
DSMatticus
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can kind of see what those descriptions are going for (at least for some of them), but I don't see how any actual person would hit three in any of them. It's a stretch to say I kind-of-sort-of hit two in a few.

I guess I'm a cleric because I'm a weeb who doesn't like spicy food? Though I suspect when they say "spicy food" in the context of cleric they mean "food that has any flavor at all" and not "food that is spicy hot," because boring religious connotations. But I'm calling it a point anyway, because my girlfriend dumps enough black pepper and red pepper flakes into her meals to leave me coughing, so it's actually kind of relevant.
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hit all 4 in the ranger one, or what do you mean?
FrankTrollman
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have not actually seen Titanic, but otherwise I hit all the points on Paladin.

-Frank
deaddmwalking
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FrankTrollman wrote:
I have not actually seen Titanic, but otherwise I hit all the points on Paladin.

-Frank

Did you avoid watching it because you thought it would make you cry?
Wiseman
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seem to be a ranger/sorcerer, interestingly.

Grek
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I kinda wanna see Frank's social justice blog.
But more importantly if you elevate jerkishness into a principle, if you try to undermine the rules that keep niceness, community, and civilization going, the defenses against social cancer Ė then your movement will fracture, it will be hugely embarrassing, the atmosphere will become toxic, unpopular people will be thrown to the mob, everyone but the thickest-skinned will bow out, and the people you need to convince will view you with a mixture of terror and loathing.
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Depending upon what "mom friend" means, I hit all 4 for cleric. But not as strongly as other classes, which is why it isn't in my top 2.

Does mom friend mean a mother fucker?

Asking for a friend.

Last edited by erik on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
deaddmwalking
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I took it to mean the friend that your mom likes. As in, "why don't yoi hang oimit with Matt anymore. He's such a good boy."
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I took it to mean "friend that takes care of/worries about the others".

Urban Ductionay seems to back me up

Last edited by RobbyPants on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
DSMatticus
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ranger does seem like it'd be the most relatable. Most people like being barefoot around their home, everyone has stopped to pet a random cat at some point, everyone has gotten stuck on wikipedia for a few hours, and I'm sure most people have used google maps to try and give directions to someone at some point.

Paladin has got 'tries hard' and 'a sweet mess', which are a hell of a lot harder to assess than things like 'runs a social justice blog' or 'has written harry potter fanfic' or even 'is dramatic'. 'Tries hard' in particular makes me go "ugh, I don't know. At what? How hard is hard enough? Fine, I don't dust as often as I should, okay? Get off my back. You're not my mom!"

Grek wrote:
I kinda wanna see Frank's social justice blog.

I know he had an old blog about which all I can remember is a post suggesting organ donation on death should be opt-out instead of opt-in. That wasn't an argument I'd seen before (I was only like 19? or something, so I didn't yet know everything about everything like I obviously do now), so it was a good read.
Dogbert
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ran/Sor/Rog here.
King

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, all of bard applies to me and if I hadn't wussed out at getting a pinkie pie tattoo all of barbarian would too.
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All of Ranger fits me, Warlock fits me pretty well (for a definition of superstitious, and changing "probably" for "borderline"), the only one of Wizard that doesn't fit me is "Fashionable," though I've been told I have a decent eye for putting outfits together, so.. maybe?

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Pseudo Stupidity
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DSMatticus wrote:
I can kind of see what those descriptions are going for (at least for some of them), but I don't see how any actual person would hit three in any of them. It's a stretch to say I kind-of-sort-of hit two in a few.

Bitch please, I hit literally all of Fighter (though I hit it a lot harder 2 years ago when I was way too deep in League).

Fighter feeds into itself very well. Playing LoL too much, getting drunk on IPAs, and fucking up your sleep schedule all go hand-in-hand. The group projects thing is just something I do, because I want the achievement for collecting all the -holics.

Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
DrPraetor
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbarian 2/4
Bard 0/4
Cleric 1/4
Druid 0/4
Fighter 3/4
Monk 1/4
Paladin 1/5
Ranger 2/4
Rogue 0/5
Sorcerer 1/4
Warlock 1/4
Wizard 2/4

which I believe makes me a Duskblade.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That game was pretty fun.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

much better version of that D&D meme:>

Last edited by Kaelik on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209, 210  Next
Page 208 of 210

Jump to: