Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Sigil
Knight

Post by Sigil »

Shrapnel wrote:They kinda look Monster Hunter-esque.
Reminds me of Patapon actually.

Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

^ I don't get it.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

It's a bike frame, but I don't know enough about the to get any joke, either.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Is there a joke? These are the actual names of those parts.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

why does it say black market ride on that?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

The "gag" is that somebody's 2-minute MS paint doodle is the top Google result for "chainstay" -- and that such a quick and dirty diagram is a whole lot more readable than the more polished results found by This Search
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Also that the components of a bike chassis are named such that they sound like they came from a joke 9,001 years in MSPaint diagram.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Last edited by Ancient History on Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Ancient History wrote:
That's nice, but I prefer superglue when treating paper cuts.
Last edited by erik on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

I would love to try that one day, but superglue is expensive and bandaids come in boxes of 20 at the dollar store.
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Zaranthan wrote:I would love to try that one day, but superglue is expensive and bandaids come in boxes of 20 at the dollar store.
Here's ~20 bandaids for $2.50

I like the gel bottle these guys have because it is actually reusable, unlike those stupid metal roll-up tubes which wind up being single use when they glue themselves shut. Also use gel, not liquid. Liquid tends to bond over the tube and it isn't as controllable.

Note, as always, make sure you clean the wound first. There's no antibiotics on superglue.

People may not realize it, but for some perforations of the eye, that is when the eye gets a hole in it, we use what is essentially super glue to seal it (slightly different compound to be less irritating, and 10x the price), at least to buy time before doing a cornea transplant if required. I've met patients who were able to heal well enough with the superglue bandaid that they even didn't need a graft for a perf'd cornea.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

We need to put a blobfish in a suit, with a flannel moth caterpillar on its head, and then push it into the White House. With any luck, Dorito Mussolini will see it and figure "Oh, I'm already there, I guess I'll go tweet instead."
Last edited by Prak on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Vampire Hunter D vs acrobatic woman with gigantic boobs, can't get the image to show up properly so here's a link:

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/vampire_h ... 01/12.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Ah yes, they all want the D
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

erik
King

Post by erik »

Ancient History wrote:Image
*thwip*
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Last edited by Ancient History on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

]Image
Shatner
Knight-Baron

Post by Shatner »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

knowing that anime, that is not too far from what i would expect ^^
but i like the spinoff railfun better.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Ancient History wrote:Image
I don't get it. I mean, it's just a pole to tie your cow to so that it doesn't wander off. The paint scheme is nice, but not particularly special.