Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

If you punch in the link from the watermark, nanshakh.com is actually just a femdom space opera kind of deal about a planet of amazon dominatrices who kidnap males from across the galaxy to serve them. I'm not paying membership fees to find out, but I'm pretty sure the "what liberals want" caption was added by someone unrelated to the original artist.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

This dude has been fantasizing about leather-clad dominatrixes since he was in the cradle. This is apparently his life's purpose.
Fascinating.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Ancient History wrote:The lack of representation is pretty telling,
Yeah, wonder how upset far right people would be by this. Sure, it's men being dominated by women and all, but everyone's white and the women are blonde, so...
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Ah Baki, that crazy anime/manga.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Will post sometihng other than Baki afterwards, but it's a delight
Last edited by OgreBattle on Sun May 03, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

OgreBattle wrote:Will post sometihng other than Baki afterwards, but it's a delight
Why does the first picture have the weird Star Trek font?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Spoilered for hugeness.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Now I just want to go read a good manga.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:Now I just want to go read a good manga.
I quite enjoyed reading Sunstone . . and not JUST because it is about BDSM Lesbians . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Thanks for posting that Trekkie review. It's good to know that the show now fondly remembered for airing the first interracial kiss originally got hate for its tokenism and stereotyping.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Josh_Kablack wrote:Thanks for posting that Trekkie review. It's good to know that the show now fondly remembered for airing the first interracial kiss originally got hate for its tokenism and stereotyping.
It wasn't really great for women, and Rick Berman isn't known for being a good person or writer. But it did go from cowboys in space to doing the best they could with what they had.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Ahh Go-bots.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Leress wrote:Ahh Go-bots.
I don't even remember what their story was, other than "half-assed Transformers." Had some of the toys, though.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Iduno wrote:
Leress wrote:Ahh Go-bots.
I don't even remember what their story was, other than "half-assed Transformers." Had some of the toys, though.
It came before transformers by mere months, but it is now a Hasbro property.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobots
]
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

I remember their "crossover" with Rock Lords.

Which turned out to be the debut of Rock Lords, so not really a crossover.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Go-Bots cartoon comes from Bandai's Machine Robo series of transforming robot toys in 1982
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_Robo

A subset of Machine Robo also became Rock Lords: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_IoP8FNqgc

Transformers comes from two Bandai toy lines, Diaclone (car transformers) and New Microman (Gun, Radio, object transformers, and the volkswagon beetle sized little dudes) in 1980.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Tue May 05, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Last edited by OgreBattle on Fri May 08, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »