Cashing In

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Guess I need a new store. Good news is, I have the right core rule book now.
Last edited by the_taken on Sat May 22, 2010 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Name: Sister Repentia Alita
Origins: Schola Progenum
Path: Adepta Sororitas (Repentia)
Sex: Could definitely use some.
Quote: "To the Emperor, my life; to Him, my death."
WS45
BS25
S45
T45
Agi40
Int25
Per25
WP45
Fel30

Wounds: 20 (13 + Sound Constitution x7)
Initiative: 1d10+8
Move: 4, 8, 12, 24
Fate Points: 2

Corruption: 0
Insanity : 0

Protection:
Head 1
Body 1
Arms 1
Legs 1

Traits:
Schola Education (Origin)
Common Lore (Administratum), Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy), Common Lore (Imperial Creed), Common Lore (Imperium), Common Lore (War), Scholastic Lore (Philosophy) are basic skills

Skill at Arms (Origin)
Basic Weapon Training (Las or SP), Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) and Pistol Training (SP)

Tempered Will (Origing)
Only take a -20 penalty on Very hard Willpower Tests instead of the normal -30

Flaws:
Sheltered Upbringing
-10 on Charm, Command, Deceive and Scrutiny Tests when dealing with the worst examples of humanity,

Talents:
Starting:
Basic Weapon Training (Primitive) (Sororitas)
Basic Weapon Training (SP) (Origin)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) (Origin)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) (Sororitas) - traded for
Sound Constitution
Pistol Training (SP) (Origin)
Pistol Training (Las) (Sororitas)
Pure Faith

Advances: Novice (500)
Drive (Ground Vehical) (100)
Sound Constitution x2 (400)

Advances: Cantus (500)
Flagellant (100)
Resitance Fear (100)
Meditation (100)
Sound Constitution (200)

Advances: Constantia (1,000)
Dodge (100)
Armor of Contempt (300)
Navigation (Surface) (100)
Unshakeable Faith (200)
Awareness (100)
Resistance (Psychic Powers) (200)

Advances: Militant (1,000)
Awareness +10 (100)
Awareness +20 (100)
Intimidate (100)
Basic Weapon Training (Flamer) (100)
Cleanse and Purify (100)
Nerves of Steel (100)
Quick Draw (100)
Rapid Reaction (100)
Sound Constitution (100)
Dodge +10 (100)

Advances: Sister Oblatia (3,000)
Melee Weapon Training (Chain) (100)
Melee Weapon Training (Power) (100)
Melee Weapon Training (Shock) (100)
Dodge +20 (200)
Die Hard (200)
Frenzy (200)
Crushing Blow (200)
Furious Assault (200)
Lighting Relexes (200)
Swift Attack (200)
Duty Unto Death (300)
Fearless (300)
Sound Constitution x2 (200)
Concelment (100)
Silent Move (100)
Refuge in Hatred (300)
Skills
Starting Skills:
Origin: Literacy, Speak Language (High Gothic), Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Sororitas: Common Lore (Imperial Creed), Literacy, Performer (Singer), Speak Language (Low Gothic), Trade (Copyist)
Literacyx2?
Speak Low Gothicx2?
Speak High Gothic
Common Lore: Imperial Creed
Trade: Copyist
Perform: Sing

---
Awareness+30
Concealment
Dodge+30
Drive: Ground Vehical
Intimidate
Navigate Surface
Silent Move

Equipment:
Gear: (Starting)
Flail
Las Pistol and Charge Pack
Aquila Necklace
Chaplet Ecclesiasticus
Repentia Vestments (hood, parchment skirt, adhesive bandages, cloth wrappings)
4 candles
Writing kit
Book: Rule of the Sororitas
Ring of Suffrage

Gear: (Expanded)
Eviscerator: melee 2d10+3 R, special, unwieldy,
on an attack roll of 96-00, make an agility test to avoid hitting self.

Ration Pack

Rosarius
reduce damage by 2d10, but double 1s = 0, and 20 overloads it

Pomander
Slaught and Stimm

Background
Sister Alita's childhood was easier than many people, in some ways. She was growing up in a orphanage on a space station when all the boys decided to play pirate. Being a girl, she was 'captured' and given to the captain as a 'sex slave'. Since the captain was eight years old, this position composed of laundry and dish washing duties.

When she was 12, her captain sold her to a Schola Progenium of the Holy Emperor. However, during her placement interview, she innocently told the interviewing Mother Sinistria that she had been sex slave since an early age. Fearing the child's soul had been corrupted by carnal sins, Alita was immediately indoctrinated into the Repentia program to be cleansed.

This involved much spanking, and later whippings.

Today, Sister Repentia Alita is a loyal, sin free subject of His Holy Emperor, may His divine glory shine upon her and protect her from despoilers of His sacred love.
Last edited by the_taken on Mon May 24, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Utterfail
Master

Post by Utterfail »

Making my character now, but I have a question. I noticed that you said to make a rank 1 RT or a 6,000 XP DH character, but the RT characters at start are supposed to be equivalent to a 5,000 XP DH character. Is this discrepancy intentional?
Failing since 1989

I suppose this signature has run it's course.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

OK, so it's 40min to game time. How do I navigate to the game chat room?

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Utterfail wrote:Making my character now, but I have a question. I noticed that you said to make a rank 1 RT or a 6,000 XP DH character, but the RT characters at start are supposed to be equivalent to a 5,000 XP DH character. Is this discrepancy intentional?
Nope, I'm giving a bit of leeway for DH chars.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

the_taken wrote:OK, so it's 40min to game time. How do I navigate to the game chat room?
I will run in the valhalla chatroom in the Nightstar IRC network. However with 2 team members I'm not sure if we can run a full session yet >_>
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

When I try to connect to

Code: Select all

Nightstar
I get

* Looking up newserver
* Unknown host. Maybe you misspelled it?
Edit-> never mind, found the server information.
Last edited by the_taken on Sun May 23, 2010 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

the_taken wrote:When I try to connect to

Nightstar
I get

* Looking up newserver
* Unknown host. Maybe you misspelled it?
There's a browser-based version:

http://www.nightstar.net/

I believe the full address is irc.nightstar.net.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Well, I'm in.

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

That was fun. I suggest we leave the other thread for reports exclusively, and keep this one for OCC and character sheets.

-------

I've got some questions about the math to my character sheet.

I'm not sure how I keep missing it, but I can't find how to calculate my body part defences.

I get Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) twice, both from my origin, and being a Sororitas. The only way to become a Sororitas is to have my origin, so what happens if the ability is gained twice? If it somehowe makes the ability better, can I take Pistol Training (Las) instead of (SP) as my Origin Talent to be improved by my Sororitas Talent Pistol Training (Las)?

At the Militant Rank, the previous my character held, I gained access to and purchased the Intimidate skill. The Sister Oblatia, my currant rank gains the skill again. But Celestian, has Intimidate +20. Elohan, the regular rank I would have taken (but didn't have frenzy) has Intimidate +10 but I didn't take it. Does that mean that as a Celestian I must purchase Intimidate +10 as an Elite Advance for 650xp? Or can I treat the Oblatia rank Intimidate as a +10 version for 100xp, since I already have Intimidate from being a Militant, being the same price for Intimidate +10 I would have been able to purchase as an Elohan?

I have no idea how an advance to my attributes would work. I spend XP based upon a chart for my career (Sororitas), but how does that affect the attribute?

-------

I have no idea what ship would better suit us, a Raider or a Frigate, but in either case, it should be have the Martial Hubris quirk and Haunted trait. Then we'll want a Barracks, a Tenebro-Maze, and a Crew Reclamation Facility. Those are my suggestions.
Last edited by the_taken on Mon May 24, 2010 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

the_taken wrote:I'm not sure how I keep missing it, but I can't find how to calculate my body part defences.
It really only applies when you wear armor :P
I get Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) twice, both from my origin, and being a Sororitas. The only way to become a Sororitas is to have my origin, so what happens if the ability is gained twice? If it somehowe makes the ability better, can I take Pistol Training (Las) instead of (SP) as my Origin Talent to be improved by my Sororitas Talent Pistol Training (Las)?

Yes, you can get another talent instead.

At the Militant Rank, the previous my character held, I gained access to and purchased the Intimidate skill. The Sister Oblatia, my currant rank gains the skill again. But Celestian, has Intimidate +20. Elohan, the regular rank I would have taken (but didn't have frenzy) has Intimidate +10 but I didn't take it. Does that mean that as a Celestian I must purchase Intimidate +10 as an Elite Advance for 650xp? Or can I treat the Oblatia rank Intimidate as a +10 version for 100xp, since I already have Intimidate from being a Militant, being the same price for Intimidate +10 I would have been able to purchase as an Elohan?

You need to take Intimidate +10 first before +20. Pick the cheaper +10 in terms of XP cost.

I have no idea how an advance to my attributes would work. I spend XP based upon a chart for my career (Sororitas), but how does that affect the attribute?

+5 per advance I believe. (Need to recheck)

I have no idea what ship would better suit us, a Raider or a Frigate, but in either case, it should be have the Martial Hubris quirk and Haunted trait. Then we'll want a Barracks, a Tenebro-Maze, and a Crew Reclamation Facility. Those are my suggestions.

Raider and Frigates are both good choices. The former will involve more running around. The latter will involve more shooting.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Zinegata wrote:
the_taken wrote:I'm not sure how I keep missing it, but I can't find how to calculate my body part defences.
It really only applies when you wear armor :P
Er.. Koumei suggested I take:

Refuge in Hatred [Talent]
Requires: one of the Rage/Frenzy things
Benefit: when unarmoured, your Protection Value on all locations increases by +1. If in a frenzy/rage thing, it instead increases by your WP modifier.
and you approved. How does this work? I know my WP provides a +4 bonus (or is that +5 for being on team Inquisitor?) so how do I calculate my PV. (Also, in case I want to have an armored character, this would be good to know.)

Yes, you can get another talent instead.

You mean "No. But you can take another talent instead." right?

Also, in a similar vein, I gained the skills Literacy and Speaking Low Gothic twice, from my Origin and being a Sororitas. What in the four hells of chaos?

You need to take Intimidate +10 first before +20. Pick the cheaper +10 in terms of XP cost.

<3

Raider and Frigates are both good choices. The former will involve more running around. The latter will involve more shooting.

Raider then. So that we can run to enemies of the Imperium we encounter and I can hit them with my sword.

Last edited by the_taken on Mon May 24, 2010 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

the_taken wrote:Er.. Koumei suggested I take:

Refuge in Hatred &#91;Talent&#93;
Requires&#58; one of the Rage/Frenzy things
Benefit&#58; when unarmoured, your Protection Value on all locations increases by +1. If in a frenzy/rage thing, it instead increases by your WP modifier.
and you approved. How does this work? I know my WP provides a +4 bonus (or is that +5 for being on team Inquisitor?) so how do I calculate my PV. (Also, in case I want to have an armored character, this would be good to know.)
+4 for all locations. The +10 bonus only helps for checks, but it doesn't actually buff up your stats. The armor value per location reduces the damage if you're hit in that location by that amount, mitigated by penetration (Hellguns have good penetration).
You mean "No. But you can take another talent instead." right?
Yes.
Raider then. So that we can run to enemies of the Imperium we encounter and I can hit them with my sword.

... We are definitely going into Servants of the Imperium territory now.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Zinegata, what's your stance on acquired Elite Advances? I kinda need them, as none of the advancement paths really fully does what I want, and I've spent only about half of my XP so far. If you want a specific list of what I'm after, as well as what I currently am, here goes:

Current advancement: Adept

What skills I want: Concealment, Disguise, Interrogation (very very important), Intimidate, Lip Reading, Search, Security, Shadowing, Silent Move

What talents I want: Blademaster, Combat Master, Counter-Attack, Crippling Strike, Crushing Blow, Disarm, Disturbing Voice, Fearless, Foresight, Jaded, Mimic, Nerves of Steel, Paranoia, Precise Blow, Quick Draw, Rapid Reaction, Street Fighting, Sure Strike, Takedown, Thrown Weapon Training (Primitive), Wall of Steel

Now, I know I can't get all of this on just under 3k xp, but I just wanted to know what costs you would assign those based on my current advancement track and my desired goal (Interrogator Acolyte).

Also, the book says that mono knives no longer count as Primitive weapons. Does that mean my Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) no longer counts for them? If so, what weapon training do I need?
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Mister_Sinister wrote: Also, the book says that mono knives no longer count as Primitive weapons. Does that mean my Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) no longer counts for them? If so, what weapon training do I need?
I can answer this one: they only no longer count as Primitive for the purpose of armour being doubled against it. They're still the same weapon group. IIRC there was an errata/FAQ that clarified it.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Mister_Sinister wrote:Zinegata, what's your stance on acquired Elite Advances? I kinda need them, as none of the advancement paths really fully does what I want, and I've spent only about half of my XP so far. If you want a specific list of what I'm after, as well as what I currently am, here goes:
My stance regarding Elite Advances is far-left liberal. Meaning you're generally free to take them without having to pay the RaW x2 cost.

Inquisitors and their retinues are some of the most colorful and badass people in the galaxy. They should be able to do the equivalent of multiclassing.
What skills I want: Concealment, Disguise, Interrogation (very very important), Intimidate, Lip Reading, Search, Security, Shadowing, Silent Move
These are all kosher.
What talents I want: Blademaster, Combat Master, Counter-Attack, Crippling Strike, Crushing Blow, Disarm, Disturbing Voice, Fearless, Foresight, Jaded, Mimic, Nerves of Steel, Paranoia, Precise Blow, Quick Draw, Rapid Reaction, Street Fighting, Sure Strike, Takedown, Thrown Weapon Training (Primitive), Wall of Steel
Kosher.
Now, I know I can't get all of this on just under 3k xp, but I just wanted to know what costs you would assign those based on my current advancement track and my desired goal (Interrogator Acolyte).
Get the cheapest XP cost from an equivalent career. Probably Arbites?
Also, the book says that mono knives no longer count as Primitive weapons. Does that mean my Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) no longer counts for them? If so, what weapon training do I need?
I don't have the books right in front of me, but I'm tempted to keep knives under Primitive weapons because they don't really seem to belong elsewhere.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Alrighty, this is my character. Hopefully, despite scheduling complexities, we might get to see him in action.

Name: Zane
Height: 1m82
Weight: 76kg
Skin: Dark
Hair: Black
Eyes: Grey
Handedness: Right
Quirk: Missing Digit (left pinkie)
Planet Of Birth: Imperial Backwater (Imperial World)
Tarot: Men must die so that Man endures.
Advancement: Adept (Archivist &#8594; Scrivener &#8594; Scribe &#8594; Chirurgeon &#8594; Scholar &#8594; Comptroller)
XP: 6000

Starting Stuff

Blessed Ignorance – Forbidden Lore -5
Hagiography – Common Lore (Imperial Creed), Common Lore (Imperium) and Common Lore (War) are Basic Skills
Liturgical Familiarity – Literacy and Speak Language (High Gothic) are Basic Skills
Superior Origins – Willpower +3

Stats

WS: 40
BS: 38
S: 35 (+500 xp)
T: 28
Ag: 34 (+250xp)
Int: 45 (+100xp)
Per: 41 (+100xp)
WP: 42 (+350 xp)
Fel: 39

Wounds: 13
Fate Points: 2
Movement: 3/6/9/18
Corruption: 0
Insanity: 0

Skills

Awareness (Per) (+100xp)
Blather (Fel) (+100xp Elite)
Carouse (T) (+100xp Elite)
Charm (Fel) (+100xp Elite)
Common Lore (Administratum) (Int) (+100xp)
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy) (Int) (+100xp)
Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
Common Lore (Tech) (Int)
Concealment (Agi) (+100xp Elite)
Deceive (Fel) (+100xp)
Disguise (Fel) (+100xp Elite)
Dodge (Agi) (+100xp Elite)
Drive (Ground Vehicle) (Agi) (+100xp)
Forbidden Lore (Cults) (Int) (+100xp)
Forbidden Lore (Inquisition) (Int) (+100xp)
Forbidden Lore (Heresy) (Int) (+100xp)
Interrogation (WP) (+100xp Elite)
Intimidate (varies) (+100xp Elite)
Inquiry (Fel) (+100xp)
Lip Reading (Per) (+200xp Elite)
Logic (Int) (+100xp)
Medicae (Int) +10 (+200xp)
Scholastic Lore (Bureaucracy) (Int) (+100xp)
Scholastic Lore (Legend) (Int) (+100xp)
Scholastic Lore (Occult) (Int) (+100xp)
Scrutiny (Per) (+100xp)
Search (Per) (+100xp Elite)
Security (Int) (+100xp Elite)
Shadowing (Ago) (+100xp Elite)
Silent Move (Agi) (+100xp Elite)
Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int) (+100xp)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Literacy (Int)
Tracking (Int) (+100xp Elite)
Trade (Copyist) (Int)

Talents

Blademaster (re-roll one sword or knife attack of any sort per Round) (+100xp Elite)

Combat Master (opponents gain no bonus for outnumbering me) (+100xp Elite)

Counter-Attack (when I successfully parry, I can make an attack at -20 against them) (+100xp Elite)

Die Hard (when I suffer blood loss, I can roll twice to avoid death)

Disarm (use a full action to disarm with opposed WS test, win makes them drop it, 3+ degrees of success lets me snatch weapon) (+100xp Elite)

Disturbing Voice (+10 to Intimidate and Interrogation when using my voice, -10 to Fellowship when talking with small kids and nervous Grox) (+100xp Elite)

Jaded (no insanity points fromm mundane horror for me) (+100xp Elite)

Light Sleeper (always considered awake for Awareness, being surprised or getting up in a hurry)

Master Chirurgeon (+10 on all Medicae tests, some stuff for treating cripples)

Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) (can use primitive melee weapons without looking like an idiot)

Nerves Of Steel (reroll WP tests to avoid or recover from pinning) (+100xp Elite)

Paranoia (+2 initiative, GM tests my Per to notice hidden threats) (+100xp Elite)

Quick Draw (Ready as a free action) (+100xp Elite)

Street Fighting (Critical Damage with a fist or a knife deals +2 damage) (+100xp Elite)

Sure Strike (when determining melee hits, use the dice as rolled or reverse) (+100xp Elite)

Takedown (as a half action, declare takedown, if I hit and do at least 1 damage, ignore damage, target makes a T test or becomes stunned for one round) (+100xp Elite)

Thrown Weapon Training (Primitive) (can use primitive thrown weapons without looking like an idiot) (+100 xp Elite)

Unremarkable (attempts to notice me amongs people or recall details about me take a -20 penalty)

Gear

Money: 502 TG
Staff
Administratum robes (Common Quality Clothing)
Writing kit
Chrono
Data-slate
Backpack
6 x Mono knife (270TG)
6 x Ordinary knife (30TG)
Mesh combat cloak, best quality (350TG)
Carapace greaves, best quality (375TG)
Re-breather (50TG)
2 x amasec (100TG)
Excruciator kit (375TG)
Magnoculars (55TG)
Manacles (35TG)
Multikey (150TG)
2 x Stummers (50TG)
Talents I want: Crippling Strike (WS 50), Crushing Blow (S 40), Fearless, Foresight (Int 30), Mimic, Precise Blow (WS 40, Sure Strike), Rapid Reaction (Agi 40), Wall Of Steel (Agi 35)
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Looks good.

Announcement though: I likely won't be able to run this week. My old DM is demanding we wrap up his campaign first. After that though I'm kosher.

Good news though: Campaign write up is almost done so I can post it for everyone's reading and review.

Also, suggestion: I was thinking that given the amount of "investigating" that needs be done in a typical Inquisition game, I was considering a hybrid play-by-post and IRC model.

We can do PbP for "investigations" (especially when you split up and cover multiple planets for clues), and then have an IRC combat mission.

What do you guys think?
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Sounds good. Will the PbP be here, or will we make use of our Elliquiy memberships?

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

the_taken wrote:Sounds good. Will the PbP be here, or will we make use of our Elliquiy memberships?
It depends but so far only you have responded :/
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Given my character's investigative focus, a PbP section would be perfect. I don't mind where we do this, though - I have an Elliquiy account as well.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I don't have an Elliquiy account though ;_;
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Zinegata wrote:I don't have an Elliquiy account though ;_;
And that's because...? It only takes a minute to register, then you just have to wait a few days and babysit your introduction thread before you can post.

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

My office doesn't really like Elliquy very much, so I'll probably have to do it here to update regularly.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Fair enough,