Cashing In

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Cashing In

Post by Koumei »

Right. So far approximately everyone on the planet has said they owe me, and I have almost as many followers and fans as Jesus. So I'm cashing in my money in the bank.

I got my hopes up for an Ascension (Dark Heresy with characters who aren't fucking worthless - regular DH is totally Black Adder in space, this actually lets you be Inquisitors and stuff) game, but that was a mistake.

So here is what I want: to play in a game where I can be a Battle Sister - competent and well-trained, and with a variety of skills, actual Faith powers, and the kind of equipment they have in the wargame (minimum: Bolter, Chainsword, Power Armour).

So that's either Ascension with generous equipment-giving, or a better-quality game called Dungeon Crusade or Pretty Soldier Adepta Sororitas. If 1-on-1 then IRC or Forums, doesn't bother me. If it ends up as a group thing, forums only, because fuck trying to organise a pile of people to show up at the same time. GM must be willing to put up with my views of Battle Sisters being completely lesbicious, and must be happy to let the PC/s be awesome and not "some cannon fodder - the real main characters are out doing more important things".

And yes, if multiple people say they'll run, I'm happy to play multiple games.

Edit: I am totally petty enough to basically hold all future content hostage until my wishes are fulfilled.
Last edited by Koumei on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I'm told that I give great 40K, but I usually give it in some form of GURPS. If that's not a deal-breaker, I can do it on the forum.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, I'm not willing to learn and play GURPS.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Koumei wrote:Yeah, I'm not willing to learn and play GURPS.
Well, the offer stands if you change your mind.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I figure someone else will concede to my demands if they want to see any more of my creations :3
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Didn't you make this?

Are you talking PbP?
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yes I did create it - and that's why I said "...a better quality game called Dungeon Crusade or Pretty Soldier Adepta Sororitas." Because either of those would be better than the shit-in-a-book known as Dark Heresy.

Play by Post is preferable, yes.
Rejakor
Master

Post by Rejakor »

If it's PbP, i'd be willing to run something (I can't commit to another realtime game at this time) if you'd be willing to forgive my general lack of minutiae knowledge about Warhammer 40k. I haven't read any of the novels, just a few codexes and wikis, so likely none of my plot would involve any characters or happenings from the warhammer universe, just mad chaplains and slaanesh worshiping callgirls.

And serious things too, of course. Disclaimer: Partaking in my games has been known to induce awesome.

-Rejakor
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Rejakor: excellent. It shall be done. And I actually prefer PbP.
Rejakor
Master

Post by Rejakor »

What is thy bidding, my master.
It is a disaster, Skywalker we're after.

So.

Systems.

While i'm basically willing to wrap my mind around Ascension, Dungeon Crusade or PSASRPG, and I agree that Dark Heresy is only good for watching your characters fall down stairs and suddenly explode into daemonhost, I think what you're aiming to do could be done with: Wushu, Minimus, Feng Shui or ATP(Alien vs Terran vs Predator).

When it comes to systems, i'm pretty easy as I tend to bind them to my will regardless of type and the simple rule of 'every character should have equal ability to affect the narrative' has served me well with everything from diceless to GURPS. You seem to have a pretty clear idea of what kind of game you want, so i'll leave you to decide what type of dice we'll be rolling and why. Another question would be, are you averse to other players, and, does anyone else want in?

-Rejakor
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Slaanesh worshiping callgirls? Fuck yeah! Count me in.

koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Totally cool with the idea, but it depends on how many/who else participate.

Edit: Also, I would prefer it be done with Dungeon Crusade, since I've wanted to play it for a while now.
Last edited by koz on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

1. I fucking suck at online games of any sort, in light of prior experience, I only run face to face.
2. My warhammer knowledge is totally limited to the Hello Kitty crossovers which sneak around the web.
3. I'm working two and a half jobs with a crapton of social/family stress on top, so I'm not taking on any new games until the us Censless Bureau gets around to laying me off in a month or three.

So I think I'm out here, but good luck.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Rejakor: As it's PbP, I'm happy to have other players, providing they're willing to get along with me. It looks like there's slightly the most support for Dungeon Crusade, so sure.

Siege Tier is obvious, other than that? I dunno, regular Siege stat array (9 11 14 16 17 18) I suppose. Level 7+, I'm not really fussed. I figure I'll play a Sister Superior, thus gaining the ability to hand bonuses out to people I like, and hand bolter rounds out to people I don't like :3
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Also, I wish it to be known how pleased I am. It means I don't have to stop creating stuff - I was tempted to threaten to post up the fetish-specific supplement I had long ago made (I was bored), with descriptions, pictures and examples of play.

But it seems that won't be necessary. Which is handy, because digging it up would be a hassle.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

New guy question: What's Dungeon Crusade? How do I get in?

And yes, I tried to google it. All I got was WotC stuff and pron.

Edit, found it.

So Komei wants to be a Pretty Soldier, but I'm looking at the Primarch->Broodlord->Malanthrope with grin on my face...

Edit-> Solution!
Last edited by the_taken on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rejakor
Master

Post by Rejakor »

-Acid Spit: Most Space Marines can spit acid out to 10' as a ranged touch attack, dealing 3d4+Con Acid damage.
Wat.

So when you say Dungeon Crusade (I just got the Dark Crusade reference/pun, talk about laff) you mean Dungeon Crusade set in the regular WH40k setting instead of on a primitive deathworld filled with magic and dragons? I can do that.

When you say level 7+, are you saying 6 levels of Adeptas Sororitas and at least 1 of Sister Superior, or are you saying all of sister superior and at least three levels of Dominion or something? Also, as a sidenote, the usual problems of technology acting as a massive power multiplier/force multiplier/instant kill causer is hilariously shortcircuited in siege tier because the characters themselves are just so hardcore. They could probably walk out of an orbit to groundside hard landing. Not that I plan to stop you if you want to rig the sewer tunnels around the governor's mansion with enough explosives to put him into low orbit. In fact, that sort of thing is encouraged. If you want to go with that stat array, that's fine. Otherwise, i'll cobble together some kind of crazy pointbuy system that doesn't suck quite as much as WotC's does. Give me a bit of time to digest DC and i'll put together some equipment guidelines.

Do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions/requests for how you start the game? I've got a couple of ideas, but it'd be great to hear what you guy(s) are after.

Mister_Sinister:- So you're in for playing?

Taken:- Enter at your own peril. Past the vaulted door, where impossible things may happen, that the world has never seen before... in dexter's laaaaabbbbbbbbbbb- I mean welcome. Welcome to my game.
Rejakor
Master

Post by Rejakor »

I'm pretty sure Koumei's Sister Superior wouldn't be cool with tyranids, no matter how convincing your paper face-cutout was.

But hey, if you can make it work, who am I to stop you!

Other than the GM. Mumble mumble rassin fassin kids.

Also, I can't find Pretty Soldier Adepta Sororit- found it. Hm. Hmmm.

I like this. I'm tempted to just say 'you're all bolter bitches, and furthermore, you are all a schoolgirl archetype' so we could end up with the leader one, the prissy one, the sporty one, the cute and ditzy one, the tsundere one, the bookish one and of course everyone's favourite, the shy pretty one. Except you're all battle sisters. Dungeon Crusade high octane doorbreaking action, or high school sororitas. I like them both. Zip lining through the governor's windows, or zip lining through the governor's windows and then posing as you land. Yeah, but either way, good luck swinging a malanthrope.

-Rejakor
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

I know the tentacle alien won't work. We can save it for a different game.

I've wanted to try Pretty Soldier, but I'm more familiar with the D&D 3.5 mechanics. Either one works for me, but if we go school girls with bolters, I call shy pretty archetype.

Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

I'm in, maybe the third time's the charm. Let's go with Dungeon Crusade, although Wushu/Feng Shui makes me happy in my pants.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

taken: I assume it would be all Imperials - whether other Sisters, Assassins or disgusting psyker-worshipping mutant freaks Space Marines.

Rejakor: seriously, in the fluff they can spit acid. I said they were inhuman mutants. And just to avoid confusion, that's Acid damage equal to 3d4 + Con modifier, it isn't Con damage that is also Acid.

I don't actually mind whether it's set in D&D land (where they'd need some sort of base or comms line for ammo refills and all that) or in actual 40k world, whichever way you'd rather take it.

Yeah, by level 7+ I meant "the six standard levels of Adepta Sororitas, and at least one level of Sister Superior".

I'm happy with the stat array - which is indeed fairly hardcore. I kind of like the idea of the team being extreme and almost approaching things with D&D-level awesome.

And if you prefer the looks of Pretty Soldier Adepta Sororitas, just declare we're doing that - I'm of course happy with either idea (seeing as I made them both, after all).
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

OK, so have we decided which game we are playing. It's sound like we are playing dungeon crusade, but I'm not sure.

koz
Duke

Post by koz »

I'm in. Vindicare assassin of some sort, likely. Alternatively, I might play a Commissar Lord.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Rejakor
Master

Post by Rejakor »

Stand and die, you dogs! IN HIS NAME!

*cough*

Right.

After long thought and musing i've come to the conclusion that i'll be running a game using Dungeon Crusade, set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe we all know and love. However at some point I will make a point of playing in a schoolgirl Pretty Solder Adepta Sororitas game, and at some point (possibly after this game finishes) I will make a point of playing in/running a vanilla Dungeon Crusade game (it practically writes itself!).

I have a plot roughed out for the Warhammer 40k Dungeon Crusade game, and, well, it could go a number of ways. But, to begin with;

Level 7, siege tier. You can take assault tier classes instead of being a spess mehrin or a assassin or whathaveyou, but if you end up sucking, don't come whining to me.

Siege tier stat array. Yes, even if you are taking assault tier classes, you still get the siege tier array. Sigh.

Equipment: You get what your class gives you, and then you have an amount of requisition points equal to half your class levels + int mod. 1 requisition point gets you something lame like a lasgun or mesh armour. 2 req points get you something pro like power armour or a DOUBLE FLAMETHROWER. half a requisition point is enough to buy anything that isn't a gun or armour.

Lame vehicles like groundcars cost 1 req point. Tricked out groundcars or military vehicles cost 2 req points. Space-capable ships cost 4 req points. Warp-capable ships cost 8 req points. You don't get anything bigger than a freighter. You just don't.

Also, if you are affiliated with any sort of group, you can cash in your req-bought vehicles and get a new vehicle if your group is present on the planet you go to after you cash in your old vehicle. So, if a guardsman cashes in his chimera on Carborundum IV, and he heads off to Freya 617, the local guard depot has to hand him a chimera. If he heads off to Deathworld Katyos II, where there are no guard depots, he's SOL unless he managed to swing bringing along his chimera with the people transporting him.

Skills: No cross class skills! Fuck cross class skills! Furthermore, the following skills are conflated:

Jump, Climb, Swim -> Athletics

Balance, Tumble - > Acrobatics

Spot, Listen -> Perception

Hide, Move Silently -> Sneakin'

Decipher Script - > Now a use of knowledge:history, local, arcana (renamed psionics), the planes (renamed: the warp),

Forgery, Disguise - > Disguise (because I say so)

Craft now lets you craft everything, OR you can pick something like 'weapons' or 'armour' and all ranks in that skill now cost only HALF normal cost for those ranks. Craft is also the check you use to repair stuff, or build cool new stuff, or understand stuff that has been built. Disable Device is what you use to jury-rig doors to open and hack passcodes and bypass control routines.

Use Magic Device doesn't exist, it is instead handled by a modified level check.

Demolitions is handled by the craft (demolitions) skill and proficiency (explosives). If you don't have either of those, trying to prime or place explosives may result in you dying.

New Skills:

Drive (handles ground and water vehicles, keys from dex)
Pilot (handles air and space vehicles, keys from dex)

Ride is now a use of the Drive skill.

HP: First level you get max as usual, after that you get to pick between average or rolling! Once you pick that's what you do for all six levels you get at startup, though once you get levels in game you can totally choose to roll or average those.

Feats: NORMAL FEATS.

Starting location: Keep your backgrounds faintly vague as the actual starting location will vary depending on what we have in the party.

Limitations on characters: Your character must appear to be on friendly terms with the imperium of man. That sounds pretty easy but the Imperium is rather xenophobic so pretty much unless you can conceal that you are a xenos, all xenos are out. Now note that i'm not saying that you can't be a chaos worshiper or secretly a daemon or a shapechanging t'au infiltrator or something. That's totally fine. But it has to be secret. If the opening scene is you getting executed, it's kind of me wondering why you wanted to play that character in the first place.

Okay... that's kind of badly formatted but i'm too tired to fix it right now. So enjoy!

Also, am I the only one running? Aw. I wanted to play.

List of players so far:
Koumei - Sister Superior, Adepta Sororitas
Mister Sinister - Vindicare Assassin or Commissar
the_taken - not a tyranid
Mask De H - ??

GM:
Me!

-Rejakor
Utterfail
Master

Post by Utterfail »

I'd be willing to play a game of Dungeon Crusade, if theres room.
Failing since 1989

I suppose this signature has run it's course.