E20?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Yep. Looks like I was wrong.

That speech was probably just a drunken "I lover you man!" tirade.

-Username17
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

Post by infected slut princess »

How much money did GMSarli rip off people with the original Kickstarter?

E20 is a hilarious scandal. what a fraudster lol.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

infected slut princess wrote:How much money did GMSarli rip off people with the original Kickstarter?

E20 is a hilarious scandal. what a fraudster lol.

ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

So has E20 already been published?
Got interested in this topic after reading a bit of the rage on the Adventurer Conqueror King kickstarter delay / scam.
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

ishy wrote:So has E20 already been published?
Got interested in this topic after reading a bit of the rage on the Adventurer Conqueror King kickstarter delay / scam.
I missed that. I know ACK eventually shipped, did the scam involve the core book or one of the splats?
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

Oh sorry, I didn't state it clearly:
http://www.autarch.co/forums/dwimmermount/scam

I meant that some perceived it to be a scam
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Well E20 seems to be an real scam.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

ishy wrote:Oh sorry, I didn't state it clearly:

I can't believe you tricked me into reading a thread that consists of one dude complaining repeatedly.
ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

Sorry about that, I just got linked to the 90 page thread about it on rpgnet, and after reading the part of the thread on the autarch forums, I assumed there was more to it.
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

Slade
Knight

Post by Slade »

hogarth wrote:
ishy wrote:Oh sorry, I didn't state it clearly:

I can't believe you tricked me into reading a thread that consists of one dude complaining repeatedly.
Dude on that thread had a point, the guy didn't sent out regular updates till troll started reminding everyone they were scammed.
Even better he showed a timeline of scam.

Hilarious timeline
You like to state, ad nauseam that this was all about about cooperative development. Look at the mother fucking timeline:

Launched: Mar 2, 2012

Update 1 — 3/3/2012
Update 2 — 3/3/2012
Update 3 — 3/5/2012
Update 4 — 3/7/2012
Update 5 — 3/21/2012
Update 6 — 3/21/2012
Update 7 — 4/7/2012
Update 8 — 4/8/2012
Update 9 — 4/11/2012
Update 10 — 4/13/2012
Update 11 — 4/14/2012
Update 12 — 4/14/2012
Update 13 — 4/14/2012

Funding ended: Apr 14, 2012

Update 14 — 4/17/2012
Update 15 — 4/27/2012
Update 16 — 5/5/2012

I am assuming sometime between 5/2 and 5/5 you paid Jim the Scam for the fucking.

Update 17 — 6/4/2012

The whore skipped your call:

Update 18 — 6/24/2012

The whore changed his number:

Update 19 — 7/6/2012

The whore took the money and ran.

You start realizing you been had:

Update 20 — 8/10/2012

You trying to save face:

Update 21 — 8/17/2012

You’re fucked:

Update 22 — 8/24/2012
Update 23 — 8/31/2012

Why nothing but the sound of silencer for those all important first fucking SIX WEEKS after the damn thing is closed?
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

Hey Slade, i bumped this thread so we could laugh at e20, given the developments revealed in the link I posted...

...not so you could reply to a six-month old barely-related post that no one gives a fuck about anymore. Because you did that, I hate you and hope you hurt yourself today.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Do you need to be an Texan? American?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Slade
Knight

Post by Slade »

infected slut princess wrote:Hey Slade, i bumped this thread so we could laugh at e20, given the developments revealed in the link I posted...

...not so you could reply to a six-month old barely-related post that no one gives a fuck about anymore. Because you did that, I hate you and hope you hurt yourself today.
Hogarth posted a month ago, asshat, there was no six month reply.
It says: Mon Sep 24, 2012

So, now if we are inception posting, wher the post I replied to which ws replying to another thread six months ago, then whatever, I'm not going deeper.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Slade wrote: Hogarth posted a month ago, asshat, there was no six month reply.
It says: Mon Sep 24, 2012
September was last month for you?
What is the last thing you remember? :cool:
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

Slade.

You are a retard.
Oh, then you are an idiot. Because infected slut princess has never posted anything worth reading at any time.
John Magnum
Knight-Baron

Post by John Magnum »

WHAT YEAR IS IT
WHAT YEAR
-JM
Slade
Knight

Post by Slade »

John Magnum wrote:WHAT YEAR IS IT
WHAT YEAR
I may have misjudged my chronological number counting. I apologize.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I enjoyed Slade's timeline.

I also enjoyed the link.

I did that because I like funny things. I'm sorry if you hate funny things, princess, but the rest of us normal people are going to enjoy them kthx.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Just dropping in to say hey. As of, I think about yesterdayish it has been a full year since the last activity of GM Saarli on the public internet/his web site in the form of that "screw you too universe" Twitter comment he made.

A full year of hiding out with no pronouncements and even the end of an interminable and constant twitter feed? That feels like good enough to pronounce this super double dead for sure.

I mean sure, the "community" on the secret private forum, if they still exist, might pull something together... maybe... but I doubt it, and it wont be the same something.

I've declared this dead before, so I guess this is declaring it dead AND buried.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

Hey phonelobster did you read the hilarious e20 story at the link I posted before?
Hilarious:

http://www.geeknative.com/36183/e20-rpg ... y-general/
Seerow
Duke

Post by Seerow »

Wow it's seriously been over 3 years.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Anyone know of any update on this?

Game On,
fbmf
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

FrankTrollman wrote:Pathfinder only has buzz in the internet community. In the recent survey of advertised games at Dundracon I note that there are only 2 Pathfinder games out of over thirty 3rd edition games total. That puts at literally twice the popularity of obscure niche products like Castle Falkenstein, Ars Magica, or Castles & Crusades. And half the impact of such niche titles with real staying power like GURPS or FATE (4 advertised games each), and nothing like the interest provoked by tried and true convention classics like Call of Cthulhu (14 advertised games, roughly equal to 4e).

Pathfinder is a meaningless footnote. There was some discussion about whether it would in fact become the inheritor of the 3e standard of play and become the thing that by default all roleplayers played if they weren't playing something else. And that was a reasonable discussion to have. If they had been a bit bolder and more consistent and scientific about addressing the problems of 3rd edition and made it an evolving ruleset that made a legitimate claim to fix the problems of the game in a mass appeal fashion - then it easily could have. Both K and I tried to steer it in that direction. Unfortunately, it was just another dude's set of D&D house rules. And as such, it has become a minor footnote in gaming history. Ten years from now people won't even mention it when they talk about edition wars.
Wuh oh.

To be fair to Frank, I don't think that even in 2010 with 4E D&D imploding so spectacularly, that they would've shit the bed that badly. But with Pathfinder beating the pants off of 4E D&D and on track to beat the pants off of 5E D&D, it might just be part of TTRPG history. If only to highlight the embarrassing fuckups of D&D.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

Lago PARANOIA wrote:To be fair to Frank, I don't think that even in 2010 with 4E D&D imploding so spectacularly, that they would've shit the bed that badly. But with Pathfinder beating the pants off of 4E D&D and on track to beat the pants off of 5E D&D, it might just be part of TTRPG history. If only to highlight the embarrassing fuckups of D&D.
I remember saying that Pathfinder would be a niche market compared to D&D back in 2008/2009.