Proposed Game: Desire and the Dead (Tome)

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Prak_Anima wrote:I can, I just figured you were focusing on the other group.
Same here
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

One nice thing about play by post is that it is fairly easy to run the game even when the PCs split up. I'll just split my posts into a different section for each group when necessary.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

God_of_Awesome wrote:So someone came back to the Tavern?

Can I make my anticlimactic entrance here?
I'm gonna assume yes since I could appear anytime anyway.
Frank on the Fighter (Abridged)
FrankTrollman wrote:
God_of_Awesome wrote: Could I inquire on the motive behind the design decisions on the Fighter class?

The Fighter is intended to be, like the Wizard, a character who can and does adapt their tactics to the opposition and draws upon player experience to deliver tactical victories. And to do it without "feeling" like it was using Magic.

So honestly, when someone tells me "I know the game backwards and forwards, and when I pull out all the stops with the Fighter I totally win!" And my response is "OK, good." Because that's exactly what people report with the Wizard too.

-Username17
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

I'm in, get a new comp tomorrow.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Perhaps I should note that while I cannot post as frequently as normal right now, I should still be able to manage at least a post a day usually. This game doesn't need to be frozen.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

I'd be posting more if I were interacting with anyone.
FrankTrollman wrote:
God_of_Awesome wrote: Could I inquire on the motive behind the design decisions on the Fighter class?

The Fighter is intended to be, like the Wizard, a character who can and does adapt their tactics to the opposition and draws upon player experience to deliver tactical victories. And to do it without "feeling" like it was using Magic.

So honestly, when someone tells me "I know the game backwards and forwards, and when I pull out all the stops with the Fighter I totally win!" And my response is "OK, good." Because that's exactly what people report with the Wizard too.

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Wait, you joined the game?

[reads several posts]

Oh, snap! Well, okay. I will compose a plot hook or interaction revealing existing ones for you during my next dedicated time block. In the meantime, this is an opportunity for anyone who hasn't posted in a week to stay in the game. There is another goon to recruit if you wish to go haring off after one of the targets mentioned so far.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

I'm just wondering which wizard we're going to or what the fuck.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

The PCs have been offered two options. One is a necromancer and a jerk and the other may be incompetent and/or pathetically weak.

EDIT:
if further clarification is needed before YOU, yes YOU specifically, decide where to go, please inform me.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

I think I'm with Quantum and virgileso now. I don't even know.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

You're with Quantum and Akula. You guys just kept some collectors from killing each other over a corpse. I briefly introduced myself via telepathy and then went after the guy who ran from the altercation in the alley. The collectors seem to be stabilized for the moment, and I'm having a chat with the guy who ran off right now.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Gunna go with the pathetically weak one. Can we fast forward to meeting him?
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

ubernoob wrote:Gunna go with the pathetically weak one. Can we fast forward to meeting him?
Sure. I'll address that right after GoA in my next big post, probably Thursday or Friday at the latest.

------------------------------------

I've done the first couple of my tests, and should be able to resume my normal post frequency in a few days. There's a midterm next week, but that's done like homework. I doubt I'll have much chance to post anything significant tomorrow or Wednesday.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Operation: Small Talk meets with catastrophic failure. Chaos be praised. ^_^
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Gah. Whenever I have a block of time, either the forum is down or I have a test tomorrow. Do we want to stick around at the tavern until the dialogue there is finished or have the rest of group 2 go off to see the wizard and let whatever PCs are left behind catch up after they finish their conversation?

Either way, I'll have some time for significant posts Wednesday if the boards are up.
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

I'm hoping to catch up with Quantum, Akula, and Mask. Maybe try and convince them to check out the Pyres.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

That could work out pretty easily. You are at most a few blocks away, and they didn't move off immediately.

There are a number of things in the Pyres that might be of interest, though the area isn't considered part of the Grey District. I have a number of encounters that would normally take place in or near there.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Are people waiting on a post from me? I'm not sure.

Also, blerg. I seem to have come down with an unpleasant case of bronchitis. My immune system is fairly good, and combined with sleep and orange juice, I think I'll fight it off reasonably quickly. But that doesn't make it any less irking in the here and now.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

I am not doing anything right now so I'm just waiting for a chance to change that.
FrankTrollman wrote:

-Username17
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

My doing things at the moment is contingent on either Mask leading us onward into bloodshed or something else happening.
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

Alright, I'm going to go and try and find Mask, Quantum, and Akula. Also, I'm just going to assume that I find them to move things along.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I'd like to apologize for not posting recently. I've been pretty busy and have been putting this game off until I am less so. Presently, I have 2 hours cut out of my normal free time each weekday and will be spending next week in the desert where I doubt I will have Internet access. After that, I should have considerably more time to spend on this game.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

So, what happened?
FrankTrollman wrote:

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

God_of_Awesome wrote:So, what happened?
With me personally?

I got back home last night. After vaguely catching up on what was going on in the Internet, I talked to Akula for a while and then got 6 hours of sleep. About 10 hours ago I showered and got most of the desert grime off. I then caught up with a few other things, played Persona 4 for a while, convinced my sister to try playing a game of Dominions 3 with me at some point, and got a haircut. Though I had early dinner right before the haircut, I picked up a pizza for my father, since he isn't feeling very mobile at the moment. I went for a brief walk / jog shortly after getting home.

Presently, I am sitting with my sister and father, watching Silence of the Lambs and eating delicious Zachary's Pizza (digesting now that I finish this post). I think he has forgotten about the old injuries in his leg and the recent knife wound to his hand for the time being. Life is fairly good, and I expect that I will have a post in the IC thread before too terribly long.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

I remember Group 2 is dressing like prostitutes and a pimp right? I don't suppose Baldraxe could try disguising himself in a gimp costume could he?
FrankTrollman wrote:

-Username17